Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195

Historic Family Feud Fast Money Fail Tuesday

I don't always watch this show, and maybe catch it once or twice a week but at times I don't see it for many weeks. I happen to turn it on last night and the 2nd one of the evening was just starting fast money which is the main part I watch. I had to go to the bathroom though and listened to it while doing so. A father started first and what I noticed was how he was extremely fast in giving answers and maybe completed it in very little time (10 secs?). As Steve was reading them and showing the score for the questions, the audience seemed to roar and go increasingly wild with each one listed off and at the end it was full-blown insanity of cheers and applause. I thought this guy must have gotten the number 1 answer for all or close to it. I listened closely at what the score tally was and it was 182!! I haven't ever seen a person get that high on fast money without any of the 2nd person's score added but I read it happened before last year. This young woman was excited and probably thinking this is sealed and done. I was still in a different room at this point. I had this feeling she wouldn't do well because equilibrium tends to occur on Feud...especially where if someone gets too many #1 answers it might be hard for the next contestant in the family. The woman said multiple same answers and then scrambled to say something quick and I could tell she was pissed at herself after some of the answers and got frustrated. She also passed 1 or 2 in addition. I have to check the video but I think she said something nonsensical for one of them. At this point I thought she likely only got 1 right but should pass over 200 for sure despite the very poor performance. As Steve reads each one I keep hearing the buzz noise showing 0 points and then again, and again, and when it was 3 zero's in a row I quickly raced over to the TV to see some historic gameshow insanity. The woman looked just about she was ready to crawl under a rock and die right then and there. I thought there is no way this is going to be a clean shut-out but glued and scanned everything that I missed on the screen. Then the 4th 0 comes up, everyone in the audience gasping and awing already with a big grin on my face hardly believing what was happening. You could hear a pin drop. Finally the last answer pops up which was "marriage" and the score board drops the BIG FAT ZERO on everyone for the 5th straight and final answer!! . I have never heard the audience gasp and sigh like that, and by this point the woman had her hands right over her face shaking and likely crying her eyes out! Steve Harvey just says I'm very sorry and how rough that was...the family coming around and trying to hug her and calm her down. What was amusing was a family member started dancing and clapping around again like they usually do when the show was ending trying to mask the utter fail that just took place. They are asked to do this no matter what but come on, this is pushing it! . I don't think Steve said what any of the #1 answers were because the first guy said pretty much all of them. I haven't seen insanity on any gameshow in years and years but Wheel of Fortune has gotten some attention with their gaffes recently.

Link: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/...ud-performance (Video inside)

TLDR there is the link above with the video, but read my story because its funny in its own right . I wrote this before elsewhere and before reviewing one of the videos on YT, I didn't remember it exactly which is pretty interesting. I thought she was shaking? Cool how false memories work with the human mind.

Last edited by hoverbike; 05-07-2014 at 09:07. Reason: Coding Errors

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol...the ride home

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    In t he UK tis called Family fortunes and the buzzer is miles better, it emphasises your failure and stupidity.

Last edited by keefy; 05-07-2014 at 11:27.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Years ago I remember the first person getting over 200 and winning before the 2nd person even came out, I always loved those episodes because the host would mess with the 2nd person and give them some really ****ed up questions that confused the hell out of them! Trolling gold!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Dedicated Member
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Years ago I remember the first person getting over 200 and winning before the 2nd person even came out, I always loved those episodes because the host would mess with the 2nd person and give them some really ****ed up questions that confused the hell out of them! Trolling gold!
    That sounds funny, do you know of any clips of that online?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    That sounds funny, do you know of any clips of that online?
    Here is what I could find on Youtube...I will try to dig up more later!

8. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Here is what I could find on Youtube...I will try to dig up more later!

I liked the idea of him asking stupid made up questions, I got all excited... then the questions he asked were poop.

:'(

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I liked the idea of him asking stupid made up questions, I got all excited... then the questions he asked were poop.

This was one of the lamer ones, you need to find the ones with Richard Dawson when they go over 200 points, that guy was severely creepy and he looked like he smelled of cheap bourbon. I will try to find some up the interwebs...

11. Likes hoverbike, darky89 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post

Same here, I was disappointed in how made up those were. I would have a prepared set in case to make it realistic and funny.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    This was one of the lamer ones, you need to find the ones with Richard Dawson when they go over 200 points, that guy was severely creepy and he looked like he smelled of cheap bourbon. I will try to find some up the interwebs...
    Yeah, that's right. You do the leg work while I sip pina colada's.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

14. Likes hoverbike likes this post

Thread Information