Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

[UPDATE: CRISIS AVERTED]Driveclub PS+ upgrade is a bargain.

UPDATE:

Our priority for DRIVECLUB is to enable you to play and enjoy everything it has to offer and PlayStation recognises that the prior plan for DRIVECLUB entitlement for the upgrade to the PS Plus edition was not appropriate. As a result, we have adjusted the PlayStation Plus terms for DRIVECLUB.

Now, If you intend on downloading DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition, and upgrading to the full game experience, you will have access to the full game even if your PlayStation Plus subscription runs out.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...-plus-edition/

Original RANT:
    If you download driveclub from PS+ version and then decide to upgrade, at almost full price might I add [$49.99/42.99], and your PS+ expires, you lose access to the game you paid almost full price.

This is ****ing, disgusting, **** the swear filter. I'm better off buying the full game from the US psn store for 35.

I implore everyone to ignore the "upgrade option" and tweet yosp or whoever gives a ****.

This is not like buying a game with a PS plus discount where its yours forever regardless of PS+ membership, you are essentially locking yourself in to a subscription game. F*** YOU SONY. First you refuse video playback and now this?

“If you’re an active PlayStation Plus subscriber and have been playing the PlayStation Plus Edition, but decide you want the full DRIVECLUB experience, you can purchase a one-time upgrade for €49.99/$49.99/42.99. This will give you access to all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as your PlayStation Plus subscription remains active.”
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...-plus-edition/

Driveclub game director is on the case

Last edited by Julz; 05-09-2014 at 12:57.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Wow. People have such a huge sense of entitlement these days. Lets just have Sony give all their next gen titles away for free then. Unbelievable.
    Read the link before you speak sunshine.

No, I'm talking about the upgrade, if you buy the upgrade for $49.99 after playing PS plus version, you lose the game when PS+ expires. its not worth the $10 discount.

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    I can see why you could be mad but for me and im guessing a fair amount of people they are going to have PS+ for the lifetime of their console, great value and great features.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Read the link before you speak sunshine. No, I'm talking about the upgrade, if you buy the upgrade for $49.99 after playing PS plus version, you lose the game when PS+ expires. its not worth the $10 discount.
    Oh ok I see what your saying now. Yeah I didnt read the link and I misread your post so guilty as charged. lol I agree then, that messed up. I'm buying the full retail game myself but that sucks for the other People. Even games with gold on Xbox lets you keep the game.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-07-2014 at 20:58.

Rushy was unaware, he is on the case.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by BMK2K7 View Post
    I can see why you could be mad but for me and im guessing a fair amount of people they are going to have PS+ for the lifetime of their console, great value and great features.
    So far PS+ hasnt done much for me this gen. I dont play online very much and the PS4 IGC sucks right now. So the value is subjective I guess. I'm sure it will get better though. I'm just glad the apps and F2P aren't behind a paywall.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-07-2014 at 21:11.

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    So far PS+ hasnt done much for me this gen. I dont play online very much and the PS4 IGC sucks right now. So the value is subjective I guess. I'm sure it will get better though. I'm just glad the apps and F2P aren't behind a paywall.
    The IGC was always going to be bad to start of as its a new cycle but its better than nothing. Online and the cloud saves are worth it to me. Cloud saves saved me a couple of times especially with the BF4 campaign, and it gives you the extra security.

I'm not doubting the value of PS+, PS+ is awesome.

But this particular case is really scummy, unless chris brown the project manager is new, and doesn't understand what he just typed.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by BMK2K7 View Post
    The IGC was always going to be bad to start of as its a new cycle but its better than nothing. Online and the cloud saves are worth it to me. Cloud saves saved me a couple of times especially with the BF4 campaign, and it gives you the extra security.
    Yeah cloud saves are very handy. And I know IGC wouldn't be good right away which is why I said "I'm sure it will get better."

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm not doubting the value of PS+, PS+ is awesome. But this particular case is really scummy, unless chris brown the project manager is new, and doesn't understand what he just typed.
    Yeah if true then Sony needs to change that ASAP.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Agreed.

The virtue of 'upgrading' to the full game should not be lost when your sub expires. Heck you don't lose games when you buy them on a PS+ discount.

So the fact you get a discounted DriveClub while on PS+ shouldn't prevent you.

They should fix.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

12. Likes Julz likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Agreed. The virtue of 'upgrading' to the full game should not be lost when your sub expires. Heck you don't lose games when you buy them on a PS+ discount. So the fact you get a discounted DriveClub while on PS+ shouldn't prevent you. They should fix.
    Should being the operative word here.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    So don't let the subscription expire. It is a measly $50 per year. Or just purchase the full retail version.

15. Likes BMK2K7 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    just to put this out there... currently... any game you BUY WITH A PS+ DISCOUNT can be played when PS+ expires... why that wouldnt happen with driveclub shouldnt even be a big worry.

Its blown out of proportion. DONT WORRY... if you purchased the game, regardless of discount, you wont need PS+ to continue playing... its only if you want to continue playing the free version....
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

17. Likes mistercrow, BMK2K7, Admartian likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    just to put this out there... currently... any game you BUY WITH A PS+ DISCOUNT can be played when PS+ expires... why that wouldnt happen with driveclub shouldnt even be a big worry.

Its blown out of proportion. DONT WORRY... if you purchased the game, regardless of discount, you wont need PS+ to continue playing... its only if you want to continue playing the free version....
    that's how it should be. It should upgrade to the full version, that can be played after expiration of PS+, but chris brown is dodging the question.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    So don't let the subscription expire. It is a measly $50 per year. Or just purchase the full retail version.
    I wouldn't let my sub expire anyway but this is still wrong and will only hurt the overall sales of the game as those that wished to trial it first will now be more cautious about getting it. Sony need to fix it.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    that's how it should be. It should upgrade to the full version, that can be played after expiration of PS+, but chris brown is dodging the question.

I sincerely doubt this ONE game is going to be the exception... theres hundreds of games that have been discounted with PS+ across PS3/PS4/PSvita, and not one of them expires if your subscription runs out.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Extreme Poster
    yeah might be a glitch and it does seem a little stupid if true. however, the fact that it would cost about the same to upgrade or buy it new, isn't a big deal. they can't afford to give a big chunk of the game. we measly pay $50 for all the crazy **** we get for it. my first year was paid for the moment i got my sub. that's ****ing insane. right now i have too many games and i've bought some discounted games. i'm a happy camper.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    The price isn't peoples problem, it's "This will give you access to all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as your PlayStation Plus subscription remains active." that is the problem. We shouldn't just sweep it under the rug and be all "Why would I unsub anyways?", or just assume that isn't the case until it's clarified.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Well, definitely sucks if true or they don't change it. But I imagine it's more of confusing language as it doesn't make sense the upgrade wouldn't work without ps+ sub. As I, and along with just about everyone see 'upgrading' as buying it.

Even if you can still use it without ps+ subscription it'll probably be cheaper to buy a physical copy second hand. I assume the saves will work..

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Holy crap you sound like me when you get upset.

Just calm down....breathe. I'm serious too....calm down. I'm sure it's just a hiccup and when ppl like you catch these things then tend to fix it pretty quick.

Now if that doesn't happen and they keep it this way....then I just won't buy the game...yeah, they can kiss my ass.

But it's no reason to hype your blood pressure over....as my mom has always said to me about my anger "It's not health. Do you want to die mad?"

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol a lot of veins were popped making this thread. Getting the disc version, sorry to those who were expecting a full brand new game lmao

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol a lot of veins were popped making this thread. Getting the disc version, sorry to those who were expecting a full brand new game lmao

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Not what this thread is about man

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    The price isn't peoples problem, it's "This will give you access to all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as your PlayStation Plus subscription remains active." that is the problem. We shouldn't just sweep it under the rug and be all "Why would I unsub anyways?", or just assume that isn't the case until it's clarified.
    So, I'm reaching here, because the wording isn't necessarily clear... but... Driveclub is a SOCIAL game. Is it possible that perhaps they mean you won't have access to such things as the tour events if you do, indeed, let your PS+ membership expire? PS+ IS required, after all, for online play.

Forum Elder
    I'm going to be flamed for this but I've read it and still don't feel ripped off. Maybe they should do away with the 49.99 upgrade. Either buy it or play the limited free one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information