Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    If they get rid of the obsolete "upgrade option" and just offered a $10 discount for a full version, that would be much better.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Superior Member

It does sound like a huge rip off. The dev is on the it, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they fix it soon.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Um doesn't all ps plus games expire when your subscription is not renewed? Why should dc be any different?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    After my confusion from all of the misunderstandings wore off, I too believe that this "upgrade" is absolutely a rip off. And that really should be hands down unanimous.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Um doesn't all ps plus games expire when your subscription is not renewed? Why should dc be any different?

Read. The. Op.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

I don't think this is about the free PS+ version.

there are 3 purchase options.

Buy full game retail: $60 dont need PS+

Buy full game digital:$60 don't need PS+

Buy upgrade from PS+ edition : $50 and you need PS+ to play.

When your PS+ subscription expires, according to chris brown, you can't play the upgrade anymore.

It's almost like buying a 99 year lease and still paying rent. When u stop paying the rent, you lose access to the game even if you have 98 years left on the lease. Its a double whammy.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Veteran
    I will not support this game after all either, we only get 1 track and 10 cars? what a joke! that ain't no PS plus edition, that's a darn demo.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    So they are treating the ps+ upgrade like it's a dlc rather than an unlock key that will make the game yours regardless of whether your subscription runs out or not?

That's not good, once you upgrade, you should own the game and not loose it if your sub runs out

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Sony is ****ing up bad. Fix the damn ****, Sony.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Sony is ****ing up bad. Fix the damn ****, Sony.
    cause of one game that you guys can buy anyway?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    It's still a pretty crappy execution.

I say just buy it, or try the demo. Though here's hoping they fix this so people who don't know this don't get ripped.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    cause of one game that you guys can buy anyway?
    What are you talking about? People are paying for the upgraded version. They're specifically ****ing up by treating the upgraded version as if it was a typical ps+ freebie.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Overseer
    What are you talking about? People are paying for the upgraded version. They're specifically ****ing up by treating the upgraded version as if it was a typical ps+ freebie.
    yeah i know and that part is messed up and needs to be fixed. but jesus, it's one little thing that doesn't even matter if you were getting the full game to begin with. my point is that your comment comes off as if they are ****ing up in general, like if it were a big deal. is the game even out yet?

Elite Sage
    yeah i know and that part is messed up and needs to be fixed. but jesus, it's one little thing that doesn't even matter if you were getting the full game to begin with. my point is that your comment comes off as if they are ****ing up in general, like if it were a big deal. is the game even out yet?
    Sufi, what in the blue hell are you talking about "it doesn't matter if you're buying the game anyways"? It matters if you're buying the ps+ upgrade and don't really have plans on keeping ps+ after your sub runs out.
    PlayStation Plus Edition, but decide you want the full DRIVECLUB experience, you can purchase a one-time upgrade for $49.99. This will give you access to all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as your PlayStation Plus subscription remains active.
    My comment was explained in my response to you so it is coming off exactly how I want it to. They're screwing up. Period. And why ask if the game is out? You know it isn't. Which is why I said fix it, sony...because it's time left to straighten it all out.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-08-2014 at 05:49.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    I plan to download the PS plus version on my UK PS plussed account, (11 tracks. 10 cars) treat it like a mega demo. Then if its good, i will buy the full digital cheap from the US PSN store like the op.

It's much cheaper. I will spit on the upgrade option.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Forum Overseer
    Sufi, what in the blue hell are you talking about "it doesn't matter if you're buying the game anyways"? It matters if you're buying the ps+ upgrade and don't really have plans on keeping ps+ after your sub runs out.

My comment was explained in my response to you so it is coming off exactly how I want it to. They're screwing up. Period. And why ask if the game is out? You know it isn't. Which is why I said fix it, sony...because it's time left to straighten it all out
    yeah, i know what you're saying, i got the issue from the beginning. my question is, why the big outrage? lol. it is likely not intended and if it is, that's stupid and people should just avoid it.

but your personal outrage makes no sense when you know how to get around it. are people raging about this? is this even confirmed yet? looks like there's nothing official yet.

Elite Sage
    yeah, i know what you're saying, i got the issue from the beginning. my question is, why the big outrage? lol. it is likely not intended and if it is, that's stupid and people should just avoid it.

but your personal outrage makes no sense when you know how to get around it. are people raging about this? is this even confirmed yet? looks like there's nothing official yet.
    Oh, I'm not really mad. I'm honestly not big into racing titles. I just don't want Sony to get some slick ideas by thinking it's a great idea. I just read the thread. And some of you guys are more than likely right. They'll probably correct or confirm it tomorrow.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod

The outrage is that this is a loss to the consumer. The fact that this is even offered is ludicrous. You can ignore it if you want, but this is a Trojan in disguise. No doubt that there will be someone who misunderstands and purchases this thinking they're getting a better deal, when in actuality, they're getting scammed. You do raise a good point about it not being official. If they offer a way to play w/o having to keep PS+ forever, I'm sure we'll all have our foots in our mouths. But I don't see that being the case.

But In general, my hopes for this game have been diminished. We've gone from a free version of this game to a demo. 11 tracks and 10 cars compared to 55 tracks, 50 cars, and 50 tour events?

At least it's free.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    The outrage is that this is a loss to the consumer. The fact that this is even offered is ludicrous. You can ignore it if you want, but this is a Trojan in disguise. No doubt that there will be someone who misunderstands and purchases this thinking they're getting a better deal, when in actuality, they're getting scammed. You do raise a good point about it not being official. If they offer a way to play w/o having to keep PS+ forever, I'm sure we'll all have our foots in our mouths. But I don't see that being the case.

But In general, my hopes for this game have been diminished. We've gone from a free version of this game to a demo. 11 tracks and 10 cars compared to 55 tracks, 50 cars, and 50 tour events?

At least it's free.
    i'm not saying that this is ok or that it's definitely not going to happen. i'm saying that this is stupid and they should fix it but in the meanwhile, we should inform people about this issue.

i can see how they screwed this one up, to my knowledge, we haven't had a game in the past that was free as a basic version and then we could upgrade it. but technically i can see how they thought this was ok. because somehow they are saying that the upgrade is more like you're buying all the content for the base version. so the base version is still tied to your PS+...stupid but that's the only logic i see there.

if you buy the "full" version then it should be tied to your account, not PS+ subscription. i guess yeah, it can swindle people but guess what, they would lose those people as customers. and well, it's not like you guys would get screwed over because you all already know about it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Not going to happen.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    I plan to download the PS plus version on my UK PS plussed account, (11 tracks. 10 cars) treat it like a mega demo. Then if its good, i will buy the full digital cheap from the US PSN store like the op. It's much cheaper. I will spit on the upgrade option.
    Yeah I'm buying the full retail version on day one. Really looking forward to this game.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Talk about back track

Taken from a blog post reply:

From IGN in September 2013:
    Design director Paul Rustchynsky posted on NeoGAF to say that the PS Plus version will be available “well into the new year” and that “there will be a discount to upgrade to the full digital edition from the PS+ edition.”
    “When you upgrade from the PS+ Edition you get the full digital edition which doesn’t require a PS+ subscription,” Rustchynsky said, but explained that “you can earn the Platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember it’s the full game minus a few cars/tracks.”
    In February 2014, Rustchynsky stealth edited his NeoGAF post to no longer mention the PS+ requirement part. He then today posts on twitter that he’s trying to get clarification of the policy when he clearly knew it in February!

Hope this doesn't become the norm for PS4 IGC titles. Having said that, it's also confirmed on the blog that Driveclub won't be alone for PS4's IGC title so there will still be another game too.

Lastly, the price to upgrade is a joke IMO but considering games are 59.99 normally when they hit the store I suppose they think the upgrade discount is a good price. I'll get it retail if I like it, which will more than likely be cheaper than the upgrade price anyway. Haven't paid over 40 for a PS4 game yet, just have to shop around a bit

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    All they have to do is remove the "must have PS+ to keep game" requirement and Sony are on to a winner here. The price is a bit steep to merely upgrade, but it was always going to be. Surprised they offered any discount at all really.

Could do without this, considering all the other problems DriveClub has had this past year.

24. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by welshboymick View Post
    All they have to do is remove the "must have PS+ to keep game" requirement and Sony are on to a winner here. The price is a bit steep to merely upgrade, but it was always going to be. Surprised they offered any discount at all really.

Could do without this, considering all the other problems DriveClub has had this past year.
    Yep, second that comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    there's a simple solution to all of this, they can just stop giving us base versions of these new retail games.

Thread Information