Twitch recording: http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/526988150
More information: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/th...t-begins-today
With the Twitch stream still going on as I type this, Unreal Tournament 4 has been officially announced. Not only this but the entire game is going to be FREE! That's right FREE!
I'm going to add more tidbits in this post when I get back from Badminton tonight.
Edit: Right back. Now to add what I can remember.
- Unreal Tournament 4 is going to be 100% free
- All the DLC is going to be 100% free
- The core game mechanics are going to be programmed by Epic
- If you own Unreal Engine 4 ($19/m) then you can contribute to the game
- You can upload your mods, skins, textures, game packs, genre packs, scripts and more to the Marketplace
- The Marketplace is like an all in one system where users can choose the mod they want and have it install with a single click
- The Marketplace is open for every developer meaning that you can set a price if you want to or have it free
- The game will be based around the community with full community input with Epic on the forums
- The game will only be coming to Windows, Mac and Linux... yes LINUX!!!
So where does Epic get their money from? The 5% of every sale on the marketplace. If you think about it it's an ingenious way to get people to actually subscribe $19/m to start making mods and helping create Unreal Tournament 4 and you know what? I'm going to do that too.
If I do actually go ahead and get the engine, who's wanting to help out and start making some maps?
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Thread: Unreal Tournament 4
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
- 24,161 (0 Banked)
Unreal Tournament 4
Last edited by Varsh; 05-09-2014 at 00:15.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)