Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    So I played Titanfall on my 360 and enjoyed it for about a month. IMO its one of those games where you enjoy it at first and play it a lot, then you find yourself rapidly losing interest once you're burnt out on it. Not really a game I saw myself playing for months into the future or even years.

This is coming from someone who normally doesn't like FPS games. Typically, if its a first-person shooter NOT made by Valve then I wont touch it. I did enjoy the game but if the sequel doesn't have MUCH more content then I'll definitely skip it.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I don't understand everyone's gripe about this game. Other than the 6v6.

This game is made for SP the same way Infamous Second Son is made for MP.

It seems like everyone dislikes this game because it's on Xbox One. And let's be honest, if the shoe was on the other foot (PS4 Exclusive instead of Xbox One), i'm sure some of you wouldn't be so salty about this.
    Now now. Lets not generalize...not 'everybody' hates this game...i'm a ps4 owner, and havin played this game, quite like it. It ain't no system seller but it's ok for what it is...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Now now. Lets not generalize...not 'everybody' hates this game...i'm a ps4 owner, and havin played this game, quite like it. It ain't no system seller but it's ok for what it is...
    Of course not everyone. It was supposed to imply everyone that posted on this thread that had an issue with the game.

Veteran
    It would be more interesting to find out exactly what is going on with the Source engine. From all indications, Source 2 wasn't ready for Titanfall, so Respawn went with Source. My bet is the dev team was more familiar with Unreal Engine and that is part of the reason for lack of content (total speculation). Not having played the game but watching a few videos to see how Source was used, it looks like the devs tried to use Source like Unreal Engine, so the excellent Source physics are absent, all the props are static, not much in the way of lighting effects, so on. It takes years to develop expertise with specific game engines, that is why it's an ongoing situation for studios to use middleware or develop their own engine. In-house engines have in-house expertise, middleware requires outside support. The pipelines have historically been 3DSmax hand-in-hand with Unreal Engine (plug-ins, tools, import-export capability, animation skeletons, etc.) while the pipeline with Source has been Softimage. If the rumor is true, it might just have been a tech evaluation. All the devs know how good Portal 2 ended up on the PS3 and that is Source engine, so it isn't like it was untread ground. There are more and more rumors and supposed leaked screenshots showing Source 2 engine and it's more likely that will be for Titanfall 2, there really isn't much point in a PS4 Titanfall with just Source engine. Considering Titanfall has only recently sold 1 million with PC, XBO and 360 sales combined. That isn't big enough of an install base for a FPS MMO to be self sustaining.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    It would be more interesting to find out exactly what is going on with the Source engine. From all indications, Source 2 wasn't ready for Titanfall, so Respawn went with Source. My bet is the dev team was more familiar with Unreal Engine and that is part of the reason for lack of content (total speculation). Not having played the game but watching a few videos to see how Source was used, it looks like the devs tried to use Source like Unreal Engine, so the excellent Source physics are absent, all the props are static, not much in the way of lighting effects, so on. It takes years to develop expertise with specific game engines, that is why it's an ongoing situation for studios to use middleware or develop their own engine. In-house engines have in-house expertise, middleware requires outside support. The pipelines have historically been 3DSmax hand-in-hand with Unreal Engine (plug-ins, tools, import-export capability, animation skeletons, etc.) while the pipeline with Source has been Softimage. If the rumor is true, it might just have been a tech evaluation. All the devs know how good Portal 2 ended up on the PS3 and that is Source engine, so it isn't like it was untread ground. There are more and more rumors and supposed leaked screenshots showing Source 2 engine and it's more likely that will be for Titanfall 2, there really isn't much point in a PS4 Titanfall with just Source engine. Considering Titanfall has only recently sold 1 million with PC, XBO and 360 sales combined. That isn't big enough of an install base for a FPS MMO to be self sustaining.
    Only 1 million sold across 3 platforms? Wow. Infamous sold that much in its first 9 days on just one platform.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-12-2014 at 20:34.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Only 1 million sold across 3 platforms? Wow. Infamous sold that much in its first 9 days on just one platform.
    The point I was making to mynd when he was going on about it setting the charts on fire in EU

...TF has sold more than 2 million (being generous) between all platforms but it's definitely tracking below EA and especially MS expectations

The most telling is the unwillingness of MS or EA revealing the actual numbers. You ask Respawn, they tell you to ask EA. EA just cites the npd (that they don't trust anymore? Imagine that) and MS just spits out pr of how it was the best selling game of the month

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 05-12-2014 at 20:56.

Forum Overseer
    I think partially why TF didn't do so well is likely due to it being an EA title...and well there's the online only and low content problems.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Nah!

The physics in Souce can become a hindrance to gameplay, CS doesn't have much (if any) physics in the game but HL2 does and you can get caught up in it and it do strange things. Simply walking over some debris can cause a suicide or you to suddenly accelerate, believe me it can get anonying.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    1 million in 20 days on 2 platforms in North America only.
    That's physical boxes, and does not include the bundled digital copies.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    1 million in 20 days on 2 platforms in North America only.
    That's physical boxes, and does not include the bundled digital copies.
    but of course, we shouldn't count those because if you remember, we didn't want to count LBP2's bundled sales

oh and if this game doesn't do all that well in sales then i guess EA should look into scraping the series.

11. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    but of course, we shouldn't count those because if you remember, we didn't want to count LBP2's bundled sales
    Well it doesn't does it? So your point is kinda moot.
    oh and if this game doesn't do all that well in sales then i guess EA should look into scraping the series.

If a sequel doesn't sell that well then a third is completely unwarranted. Correct.

But that aside, trying to compare LBP with Titanfall isn't even close to similar sales.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-12-2014 at 22:53.

Forum Overseer
    Well it doesn't does it? So your point is kinda moot.
    you misunderstood my point. you are boasting that we didn't even count bundled sales. from what i remember, you were against bundled sales so i was telling you that yes, but even if they are out there, we shouldn't count them...according to you. not me. i would count them.
    imo, if a title sells, it sells, doesn't matter what else. Wii sports sold 70m due to being bundled, fair game.
    If a sequel doesn't sell that well then a third is completely unwarranted. Correct.
    why does it need to be at the third iteration that you should make that judgement? lol. so if a game sells like 50k copies, you should still make a sequel? of course, that's an example, i'm trying to understand your justification for giving a go on a sequel without this rule.

But that aside, trying to compare LBP with Titanfall isn't even close to similar sales.
    how many sales TF has? how many LBP 2?

i'm sure TF will have long legs but you really can't make that comparison yet. we think it might be 2m. that's still less than LBP2's.

14. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Yet here you are tlaking about people tlaking about it.

Go figure.

The great mynd trick: say something mildly/a lot (depending on how annoyed he is about it) stick-poking at PS fans, get called out, turn around and put his hands up like he ain't done nothing wrong/never meant anything bad by it...

Old, getting, it is.
    ban the ****er. He can knock a game out of that backlog in the meantime.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-12-2014 at 23:11.

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    The point I was making to mynd when he was going on about it setting the charts on fire in EU ...TF has sold more than 2 million (being generous) between all platforms but it's definitely tracking below EA and especially MS expectations The most telling is the unwillingness of MS or EA revealing the actual numbers. You ask Respawn, they tell you to ask EA. EA just cites the npd (that they don't trust anymore? Imagine that) and MS just spits out pr of how it was the best selling game of the month Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yep, he told us Titanfall was "in a whole other league." lol

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    EA probably doesn't want to tell the figures because Call of duty still holds the crown with the most game sold on xbone[and ps4].

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    EA probably doesn't want to tell the figures because Call of duty still holds the crown with the most game sold on xbone[and ps4].
    which is funny because even Activision doesn't want to reveal the numbers because while they may be way better than others, they aren't compared to their previous games.

there's just so much drama.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you misunderstood my point. you are boasting that we didn't even count bundled sales.
    I wasn't "boasting anything" LMAO. I simply said those numbers didn't include digital.
    from what i remember, you were against bundled sales so i was telling you that yes, but even if they are out there, we shouldn't count them...according to you. not me. i would count them.
    imo, if a title sells, it sells, doesn't matter what else. Wii sports sold 70m due to being bundled, fair game.
    why does it need to be at the third iteration that you should make that judgement? lol. so if a game sells like 50k copies, you should still make a sequel? of course, that's an example, i'm trying to understand your justification for giving a go on a sequel without this rule.
    Bundles can artificially boost numbers, I have no problems with them as long as you understand where those numbers come from. They can also misrepresent the true popularity of a game.
    how many sales TF has? how many LBP 2?
    LBP garnered 350k on release in US, and a further 100k-200k in EU/UK.
    So in the same time period as Titanfall 1million it did about half of that.
    i'm sure TF will have long legs but you really can't make that comparison yet. we think it might be 2m. that's still less than LBP2's.
    LBP took forever to get to 3 million, like 18 months.

Forum Overseer
    I wasn't "boasting anything" LMAO. I simply said those numbers didn't include digital.
    meaning, you're saying that there are more sales out there. that's boasting.

Bundles can artificially boost numbers, I have no problems with them as long as you understand where those numbers come from. They can also misrepresent the true popularity of a game.
    i know that.

LBP garnered 350k on release in US, and a further 100k-200k in EU/UK.
    So in the same time period as Titanfall 1million it did about half of that.

LBP took forever to get to 3 million, like 18 months.
    that's not the point, i wouldn't bring up a niche product against a mainstream one to prove my point. my point was that if TF doesn't sell that well then they shouldn't make another, according to you.

Supreme Veteran
    I have it on PC, it works and works well but the fun factor dies out quickly, Respawn either rushed the game for release or needed to really think about adding more guns and maps.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I have it on PC, it works and works well but the fun factor dies out quickly, Respawn either rushed the game for release or needed to really think about adding more guns and maps.
    it's not that, it's because they sold their souls to the devil to become popular again. i guess i can't blame them, probably the fastest way to do it.

we all know TF2 is going to be a huge deal...probably bigger than the next COD. especially if TF2 goes multiplat.

Supreme Veteran
    I don't think TF2 will be a big deal, unless the game is seriously fleshed out.

TF really can be fun, but it gets boring because there's no much to do once you rank up and "prestige" no matter how many platforms it would be on it'd be the same.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I don't think TF2 will be a big deal, unless the game is seriously fleshed out.

TF really can be fun, but it gets boring because there's no much to do once you rank up and "prestige" no matter how many platforms it would be on it'd be the same.
    what makes you think TF2 won't be fleshed out?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Whenever I see TF2 I immediately think of TF2 not TF2.

27. Likes x_terna, Mael Duin, IshTing likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Whenever I see TF2 I immediately think of TF2 not TF2.

glad im not the only one

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Can't see TF coming to the PS4 - like someone else said above, more likely to be TF2.

Also, having played TF a lot on the One I have to say it's a really easy, no brains required, game and actually quite addictive. Lots of room for improvement but I still play it a lot (Gen 3 or 4 now)

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Thread Information