Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 67
  1. #26
    Dedicated Member
    Sajuuk Khar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    9,896 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    Fixed it for you.

    4 minutes of 1080p uncompressed 30fps video would take ~41GiB of data..
    hehe indeed :P

    These look pretty well done, still some compression artifacts but not much.

    The game is looking rather impressive this far out from release. Evolution do a lot of polishing work in the last moth or 2 so should improve more so. The night to dawn transition was incredibly realistic, not in the time it took but the actual lighting


    Edit: And the jsut released Canadian Forrest vid looks fantastic, if you look past the compression :P
    Last edited by Sajuuk Khar; 05-16-2014 at 15:29.

  2. #27
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,057
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,232 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    That sound you hear is millions of copies of Driveclub being preordered.

  3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  4. #28
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    but it has 2D trees!

  5. #29
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game looks amazing.

  6. #30
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    This game looks amazing.
    well then you obviously missed my post.

  7. #31
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    well then you obviously missed my post.
    No, I simply ignored it.

  8. #32
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    No, I simply ignored it.
    but it's true.

  9. #33
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,522
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    53,185 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looks quite tidy. Still a while of release isn't it?

    Not sure it was the desired effect but i'm now more interested to see GT

  10. #34
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Looks quite tidy. Still a while of release isn't it?

    Not sure it was the desired effect but i'm now more interested to see GT
    sadly we won't be seeing a new GT anytime soon. first we'll have to live with an upgraded GT6...i mean, doesn't bother me, i'm not a racer fan but i always think that PD knows how to max ****.

    i wanna see PS4 maxed. and we'll likely be waiting another 3-4 years before we see a true PS4 GT game.

  11. #35
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    but it's true.
    Sorry, not falling for the bait. Looks amazing to me.

  12. #36
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Whatever dude. Looks amazing to me.
    but those trees tho.

    i'm just trolling man. it's a little light joke to show how silly it is to complain about pointless stuff like that when there are always imperfections...we're in next-gen and yet those trees are 2D lol.

    GT5 was criticised for that very reason.

  13. #37
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    but those trees tho. i'm just trolling man. it's a little light joke to show how silly it is to complain about pointless stuff like that when there are always imperfections...we're in next-gen and yet those trees are 2D lol. GT5 was criticised for that very reason.
    Didnt notice any 2d trees but if there were some so what? Game looks amazing. But yeah I agree that its nitpicky and no game is perfect. As for GT5 I criticised that game because it sucked. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-16-2014 at 20:12.

  14. #38
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Didnt notice any 2d trees but if there were some so what? Game looks amazing. But yeah I agree that its nitpicky and no game is perfect. As for GT5 I criticised that game because it sucked. lol
    actually you're right, there aren't any 2D trees in a traditional sense but those leaves are 2D...which is where i was going to continue to troll because in reality, we haven't actually seen true 3D trees in games yet.

  15. #39
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    actually you're right, there aren't any 2D trees in a traditional sense but those leaves are 2D...which is where i was going to continue to troll because in reality, we haven't actually seen true 3D trees in games yet.
    The leaves are 2D. Lmao. Anyway October seems so far away.

  16. #40
    Apprentice
    THE FORS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    492
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,549 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    actually you're right, there aren't any 2D trees in a traditional sense but those leaves are 2D...which is where i was going to continue to troll because in reality, we haven't actually seen true 3D trees in games yet.
    the sky looks flat (rolls eyes)
    P S N user name birdyboy . . . THE LAST OF US WOW! !!

  17. #41
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FORS View Post
    the sky looks flat (rolls eyes)
    that's because it is lol.

  18. #42
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,057
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,232 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    but those trees tho.

    i'm just trolling man. it's a little light joke to show how silly it is to complain about pointless stuff like that when there are always imperfections...we're in next-gen and yet those trees are 2D lol.

    GT5 was criticised for that very reason.
    The gif I posted shuts you down though.

  19. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  20. #43
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    The gif I posted shuts you down though.
    it does, fo shizzle.

  21. #44
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,057
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,232 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it does, fo shizzle.
    I guess to be more accurate. It shuts your argument down. Those trees are quite clearly not 2D as is evidenced by the reaction of the light passing through the objects as you pass it. Sorry to say, but you just got scienced.

  22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  23. #45
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    The gif I posted shuts you down though.
    Boom!

  24. #46
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't care what dimension the Leaves are in because when I pass them at 200MPh they will be swirling in the breeze like in Flower.

  25. #47
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,706
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,968 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I guess to be more accurate. It shuts your argument down. Those trees are quite clearly not 2D as is evidenced by the reaction of the light passing through the objects as you pass it. Sorry to say, but you just got scienced.
    wait hold up. they may not be 2D but those leaves still are XD

    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I dotn care what dimension the Leaves are in because when I pass them at 200MPh they will be swirling in the breeze like in Flower.
    you should care.

  26. #48
    Dedicated Member
    Sajuuk Khar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    9,896 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post

    That sound you hear is millions of copies of Driveclub being preordered.

    My that looks good :P

    I'm hoping that there is going to be some urban tracks or town to be included some where. All these scenic tracks are lovely but would be interested to see how the lighting system reacts to more artificial settings.


    Edit: And imagine that with Morpheus :P

  27. #49
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,489
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    47,410 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've always thought 60FPS was overrated.
    Hopefully now we can all move away from thinking it is the be all and end all of gaming.

  28. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  29. #50
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,217
    Rep Power
    116
    Points
    42,822 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well with 5 countries and 11 tracks each (55 tracks total), the variety should be should be good

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.