For reference I never played ASM last gen so ASM2 on PS4 was my first Spidy game since the disappointing SM3
Graphically it's disappointing in most places especially for a Nextgen game but it did have its moments when it look like the film (more like the original movie trilogy though) the left right swinging was fantastic and it was fun if a little short and uninspired and completely unlike the film (ie key characters and story completely missing)
But it was enough to get me interested in getting the first ASM and wow ASM is the best Spidy game since SM2, the cloud webbing is a little jarring after ASM2 but it has an original story based after ASM movie, boss battles that make ASM2 look like a PS1 game, loads of side missions and variety in them and even the graphics seem to have more put into them (helicopters spot lights through the city while you swing about), even the combat although improved in ASM has more to it
So what exactly happened? Did another Team do ASM2 I know it's the same studio but they have two teams
I just hope they bring a proper Nextgen ASM to PS4 thats like ASM1 with the improvements in swinging that ASM2 had, probably another 2-3 years away through sadly.