Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    I was fairly looking forward to the TV stuff. I thought:
    "Sweet! I can watch NFL stuff as NFL is pro-active with growing the game internationally etc. And, they can make a deal with Sky/local tv providers and have rugby games and possibly some big time Soccer games! Brilliant! I can get the XB1 and hold off for the PS4 for when the exclusives I love will hit (wasn't expecting much at launch) and I'll end up with that!"

6+ months later and so much for that...

If MS ever planned on doing TV stuff for non-US they'd ahve done it/announced a 'promise' by now.
    Not only that, the broadcast system in PAL and other territories being 50Hz (UK is one such place) and the console being 60Hz caused problems with the TV integration, initially people saw a horrid judder as frames were lost and skipped, MS released a patch to offer 50Hz support but it has to keep switching between 50 and 60Hz when you want to play a game so its hardly smooth nor seamless unlike in places that have native 60H broadcast system.

IT seems like MS didn't bother to do any research into the matter or they just didn't care.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-14-2014 at 15:46.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    LOL we all knew this day was coming! Poor old MS. They've made an absolute sow's ear of this whole release. I bet they wish they could go back 15 months and start again with a new announcement and some better thought out decisions.

Here's a lesson for all large companies. You can cannot force your customers to do what you want them to do. You are NEVER too big, nor too successful to be kicked in the taters with a large pair of hobnail boots.

Did you also see that they are removing the paywall for services which should be free once you have a subscription - i.e. Netflix, 4OD, Skype, etc.

Now we just need Sony to realise that nobody is going to sign up for Music Unlimited and give us back DLNA support and the world of gaming will be perfect again

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

3. Likes Admartian , Omar, PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Now we just need Sony to realise that nobody is going to sign up for Music Unlimited and give us back DLNA support and the world of gaming will be perfect again
    it's ****ing stupid lol.

i can't even delete those POS icons.

Superior Member
    Ladies and gentlemen, i present you with brand new chalkboard material:

lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    LOL we all knew this day was coming! Poor old MS. They've made an absolute sow's ear of this whole release. I bet they wish they could go back 15 months and start again with a new announcement and some better thought out decisions. Here's a lesson for all large companies. You can cannot force your customers to do what you want them to do. You are NEVER too big, nor too successful to be kicked in the taters with a large pair of hobnail boots. Did you also see that they are removing the paywall for services which should be free once you have a subscription - i.e. Netflix, 4OD, Skype, etc. Now we just need Sony to realise that nobody is going to sign up for Music Unlimited and give us back DLNA support and the world of gaming will be perfect again
    So true. And thats why competition is a good thing. MS would have never done these changes if the PS4 wasnt curb stomping them. Consumers spoke with their wallets and now MS is having to listen.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Bu....but.....

sufi said it wont happen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    yeah.....sufi, get in here and explained yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Sufi, don't say a word. Let mynd fight your "battle" for you.
    lol hey now, i always added a disclaimer in there that it is possible that they might do it but it would be a very important and big decision that may change the way they want to move forward. a very desperate one too. because this was about half the reason for the existence for the console. this means that they realized that it was a serious enough situation that it wasn't worth going after the entertainment side of things.

and i present my case in point, "Medhi said that the decision to drop Kinect from its bundles came after months of serious discussion, and that both developers and publishers were made aware of the change in advanced."

you can see that they have taken their time to decide it. maybe they can still collect data but i think it will now be a lot more difficult or they might just scrap this.

this is definitely going to affect the TV side of things. we didn't really know much about the TV side and may not know the affect but it was pretty clear that they were supporting TV as much as games. now? probably not much so. or they may not go as hardcore into it as they were likely planning to.
    hmmmm.....

note to self: never listen to sufi

Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    When is Sufi correct about anything ever?

Good news, now it needs the gaemz.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    sufi's credibility has gone right down the sh1tter!
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    *sharpening pitch fork* Yeah. **** Sufi!! Wait a sec? Who is Sufi again?
    This guy...

love ya, Sufi!
    oh and **** all of you, equally.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    sufi also said Sony would never charge for online play either. lol
    i said they wouldn't charge it in the state that it was XD and not for cross-game chat.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I only remember you saying they wouldn't charge period. The reason being that Sony would then be comparing PSN to Live and they would never do that because PSN would never be as good as Live. I dont recall you telling me in the states only. Edit- misread your post. The state it was in is what you said. My bad.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-15-2014 at 02:39.

Forum Overseer
    I only remember you saying they wouldn't charge period. The reason being that Sony would then be comparing PSN to Live and they would never do that because PSN would never be as good as Live. I dont recall you telling me in the states only.
    states only? i don't know what you mean by that. yes, and PSN is as good as Live now so it makes sense. where i didn't understand things very well was that this generation was going to need bigger servers and more stability and so it would become a requirement due to that reason. however if you look at PSN and what it has become now, there's no difference between that and Live. other than the extra features Live still gives I'm sure, which do not matter to gamers.

EDIT: Oh states lol. i get it. no i didn't mean states as in the united states. i meant that Sony wasn't going to charge for PSN that we had on the PS3. it would need to improve first in order to do it. but i didn't believe they needed to do it because it was an advantage and they didn't do it on Vita either.

reason why Vita doesn't require it and PS4 is because you don't need heavy servers on Vita (as most games are probably low in count when it comes to players online) whereas PS4 is going to have massive games. you need much better and a lot more stable servers for it. it makes sense.
    Last edited by Omar; 05-14-2014 at 19:21.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, i present you with brand new chalkboard material:

lol
    As time goes by, this chalkboard plan looks like the real deal and somebody is leaking it from MS, where they must actually do their XBO planning on a chalkboard and only erasing selectively for updates. Looking at what hasn't been hyped yet, it does look like MS is sticking faithfully to this chalkboard plan into E3.

@Sparc: on the PS4, found out the Music and Video Unlimited was set to the left with the 1.70 firmware. However, found out those icons are prioritized by use. The apps most used move to the left. Those icons belong in the same panel cascade as netflix, amazon and the rest of the A/V apps. If it is the same team on the PS4 as the PS3 firmware, Sony does need to reorganize there. They are too slow with their updates and the selection of what and how to update is wonky. Why they took the ability to sort out and why there isn't a main Games panel, with the titles cascading below that, are two reasons Sony needs to shuffle the firmware team.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 05-14-2014 at 19:21.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    "Since Microsoft made it absolutely clear that they would NEVER remove the Kinect, can I send them mine for $100 refund?"

Ouch.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    states only? i don't know what you mean by that. yes, and PSN is as good as Live now so it makes sense. where i didn't understand things very well was that this generation was going to need bigger servers and more stability and so it would become a requirement due to that reason. however if you look at PSN and what it has become now, there's no difference between that and Live. other than the extra features Live still gives I'm sure, which do not matter to gamers. EDIT: Oh states lol. i get it. no i didn't mean states as in the united states. i meant that Sony wasn't going to charge for PSN that we had on the PS3. it would need to improve first in order to do it. but i didn't believe they needed to do it because it was an advantage and they didn't do it on Vita either. reason why Vita doesn't require it and PS4 is because you don't need heavy servers on Vita (as most games are probably low in count when it comes to players online) whereas PS4 is going to have massive games. you need much better and a lot more stable servers for it. it makes sense.
    Its ok sufi we're just giving you a hard time. And I didnt think they were going to remove Kinect this soon either after what Spencer said. Guess the sales numbers were looking pretty bad.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Over here supermarkets like asda, tesco etc have been currently selling the xbone titanfall bundle for around the same price as a ps4 base unit so hopefully a kinectless model will hit below the 300 mark, maybe less, would definitely consider picking one up for around that. Good move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same pricing in Sweden too. The kinectless XB1 should be even cheaper than the PS4. Might pick one down the line too.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Yeah its cheaper here, officially $599 RRP, vs PS4's $649

Forum Overseer
    Its ok sufi we're just giving you a hard time. And I didnt think they were going to remove Kinect this soon either after what Spencer said. Guess the sales numbers were looking pretty bad.
    well considering how the sales were, it was becoming more of an option. i just thought that they'd take the hit and keep the kinect bundled with the price cut.

I GUESS THEY DON'T HAVE POCKETS AS DEEP AS SOME MAY THINK.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yeah its cheaper here, officially $599 RRP, vs PS4's $649
    Kinda misleading (not ahving a go) but depends where you look (for both):

http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=1688895

http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=1932481

On aggregate thoguh XB1 still slightly more expensive.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Kinda misleading (not ahving a go) but depends where you look (for both):

http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=1688895

http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=1932481

On aggregate thoguh XB1 still slightly more expensive.
    Err thats why its called RRP.
    And you know your still comparing the old Kinect version right?

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Why is the RRP higher for the PS4 over there?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Err thats why its called RRP.
    And you know your still comparing the old Kinect version right?
    YEah - you said ti's cheaper (XB1) here. I said it wasn't.

"Err" what's the problem?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Why is the RRP higher for the PS4 over there?
    Its not, well it wasn't...

RRP's
    XBOX with Kinect=$749
    PS4 =$649
    XBOX w/o Kinect=$599

YEah - you said ti's cheaper (XB1) here. I said it wasn't.

"Err" what's the problem?
    I was talking about the new RRP for the model without Kinect. Like most in the thread were asking about.
    I've never seen the model with Kinect cheaper than a PS4 here.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-15-2014 at 01:42.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Its not, well it wasn't...

RRP's
    XBOX with Kinect=$749
    PS4 =$649
    XBOX w/o Kinect=$599
    I"m seeing $594 bro (abnd other prices sure). Are you being selective?

You know what, **** it, you never back down/screw the argument regardless anyway.

XBox wins.

All I was saying, right now PS4 cheeaper for most of the retailers. That's not wrong.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I"m seeing $594 bro (abnd other prices sure). Are you being selective?

You know what, **** it, you never back down/screw the argument regardless anyway.

XBox wins.

All I was saying, right now PS4 cheeaper for most of the retailers. That's not wrong.
    RRP is what the company suggests people sell it for. Retailers are free to discount it at different prices.
    The Xbox has never been cheaper then the Ps4 here in NZ.
    Given this product hasn't even released yet, while the RRP is $599, shops can sell it for less (you watch the warehouse when this thing is rleased, they are very aggressive on launch of anything console related).

So yes, you can bag a bargain with PS4's. You'll also likely bag a bargain with Kinectless XBO when its released.
    That doesn't change the RRP of each of the systems.
    But it woudl be nice if Sony matched the RRP officially.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    RRP is what the company suggests people sell it for. Retailers are free to discount it at different prices.
    The Xbox has never been cheaper then the Ps4 here in NZ.
    Given this product hasn't even released yet, while the RRP is $599, shops can sell it for less (you watch the warehouse when this thing is rleased, they are very aggressive on launch of anything console related).

So yes, you can bag a bargain with PS4's. You'll also likely bag a bargain with Kinectless XBO when its released.
    That doesn't change the RRP of each of the systems.
    But it woudl be nice if Sony matched the RRP officially.
    None of this was ever my 'argument' thoguh. I was simply responding to the quote where you said XB1 > cheaper than PS4. Which was wrong (or mostly wrong if we're counting specific retailers).

Power Member
    Items User name style
    None of this was ever my 'argument' thoguh. I was simply responding to the quote where you said XB1 > cheaper than PS4. Which was wrong (or mostly wrong if we're counting specific retailers).

Yeah well thats why I used to key words "officially" and "RRP".

And I was responding to the recent topic in the thread about how the kinectless version should be cheaper than the PS4.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Err...that is all.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Err...that is all.
    Darn Tootin.

Thread Information