Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 39 of 39
  1. #26
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    There are plenty of games just not ones you like so please don't speak for the whole vita fan base...
    Actually, I'm part of the fan base that loves JRPGs. If all JRPGs were all I played on the Vita, I'd be fine, but I prefer for my handhelds to have a bit of variety to them. If the Vita had more variety to it, more people would jump on board.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  2. #27
    Apprentice
    Effekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Age
    22
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    5,652 (0 Banked)
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Actually, I'm part of the fan base that loves JRPGs. If all JRPGs were all I played on the Vita, I'd be fine, but I prefer for my handhelds to have a bit of variety to them. If the Vita had more variety to it, more people would jump on board.
    There are plenty of other diverse games. Tearaway, GravityRush, Killzone, Uncharted, Wipeout, etc. The problem is not many people bought a vita at launch and everybody just keeps waiting for games but the thing is there won't be as many games till people buy the vita more. The vita will eventually get games because they will release AAA's games here and there slowly, same as the PSP just much slower. The Vita in the end will mostly be a JRPG powerhouse due to Japanese gamers being the main drive of the system currently.

    Same thing is happening with the Wii U, has no games because not many people own one. Nobody wants to develop for a console that hasn't sold well.

  3. #28
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    There are plenty of other diverse games. Tearaway, GravityRush, Killzone, Uncharted, Wipeout, etc. The problem is not many people bought a vita at launch and everybody just keeps waiting for games but the thing is there won't be as many games till people buy the vita more. The vita will eventually get games because they will release AAA's games here and there slowly, same as the PSP just much slower. The Vita in the end will mostly be a JRPG powerhouse due to Japanese gamers being the main drive of the system currently.

    Same thing is happening with the Wii U, has no games because not many people own one. Nobody wants to develop for a console that hasn't sold well.
    Okay, I see what you are saying.

    And of course you are right. Even evidence shows you are right. When the Vita has 2-3 games in the top 20 software selling chart, the Vita does well. The Vita is still selling pretty good in Japan and now we have more developers looking at it.

    I'll just enjoy what the Vita offers. The major titles will come.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  4. #29
    Apprentice
    Effekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Age
    22
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    5,652 (0 Banked)
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Okay, I see what you are saying.

    And of course you are right. Even evidence shows you are right. When the Vita has 2-3 games in the top 20 software selling chart, the Vita does well. The Vita is still selling pretty good in Japan and now we have more developers looking at it.

    I'll just enjoy what the Vita offers. The major titles will come.
    The 3DS has sold more, so of course it's games will sell more...
    There is more developers now then there was at launch and it continues to grow, like I said in JAPAN as far as the west goes that's another story.

  5. #30
    Apprentice
    PS4THEWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    1,173 (0 Banked)
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    It doesn't matter at this point. Either folks are going to buy Vita for PS Now, remote play, and third party/indie games or Vita is just going to die. 3DS just has the market cornered. Frankly, I don't get it. Vita is superior in every way, imo. But.....it is what it is. Hopefully the recent trend of Japanese games coming west will continue.
    The 3DS has recognizable games on it that people want to play, that's why it's beating the crap out of the Vita.

  6. #31
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,328
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    48,932 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    The 3DS has recognizable games on it that people want to play, that's why it's beating the crap out of the Vita.
    Not to mention pretty much every big game is out there on store shelves for people to pick up and look at. Where as a lot of the great vita games are download only or have very little retail runs/presence.

    Also with the 3DS you don't have to pay EXTRA for a memory card, it's already inside and most 3DS owners probably don't even know it's there

  7. #32
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,573
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    71,992 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    The 3DS has recognizable games on it that people want to play, that's why it's beating the crap out of the Vita.
    true, it has the marios, zeldas, etc. I don't get the attraction to those but that's just me.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  8. #33
    Apprentice
    PS4THEWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    1,173 (0 Banked)
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Not to mention pretty much every big game is out there on store shelves for people to pick up and look at. Where as a lot of the great vita games are download only or have very little retail runs/presence.

    Also with the 3DS you don't have to pay EXTRA for a memory card, it's already inside and most 3DS owners probably don't even know it's there
    Plus if you do want to upgrade the memory, its extremely cheap to do.

  9. #34
    Super Elite
    FireSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Posts
    2,241
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    10,871 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    true, it has the marios, zeldas, etc. I don't get the attraction to those but that's just me.
    not only you, I have no strong nostalgia feelings to Nintendo games and without it 3ds library is not so great.


    P.S. I own 3DS and after I complete Zelta LBTW it collecting dust

  10. #35
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,573
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    71,992 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    not only you, I have no strong nostalgia feelings to Nintendo games and without it 3ds library is not so great.


    P.S. I own 3DS and after I complete Zelta LBTW it collecting dust
    Yeah, I tried to like those games, but finally realized I just don't.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  11. #36
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,824
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    70,217 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How can you not like Mario? lol

    Also dunno why Sony don't do a retail release with 10 indie games or whatever like they did with Minis on PSP, would beef up their library in retailers.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  12. #37
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,573
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    71,992 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    How can you not like Mario? lol
    Yeah....well. To each their own.

    Also dunno why Sony don't do a retail release with 10 indie games or whatever like they did with Minis on PSP, would beef up their library in retailers.
    Cuz all Vita needs is Remote Play and PS Now? sigh....thank God for Japanese devs.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  13. #38
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,824
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    70,217 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah but this is easy money right here:


    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  14. #39
    Superior Member
    AsterPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    780
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    5,068 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    I admit they do need a new GTA or Dissidia to help get the Vita going. PS Now release not too far away and a tons of good JPRGs coming so im getting one in the future. For my 3DS haven't played it in a while probably get Fire Emblem if that drops in price.
    Playing - Tales of Hearts R,Persona 4 Golden,
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.