Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

What Happened Sony?

When the Vita first launched, Sony promised a bunch of good, original games for it. Now Sony is saying most of the good games in store for the Vita are PlayStation classics and indie games.

What happened Sony? Why can't you guys develop games for it like Nintendo develops games for the 3DS?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

2. Likes Shingo , VayMasters86 likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    It doesn't matter at this point. Either folks are going to buy Vita for PS Now, remote play, and third party/indie games or Vita is just going to die. 3DS just has the market cornered. Frankly, I don't get it. Vita is superior in every way, imo. But.....it is what it is. Hopefully the recent trend of Japanese games coming west will continue.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    As well as them now coming out and saying basically to get your AAA vita fix, remote play PS4 games or sign up to PS Now when it's up and running.

"Console quality gaming on the go" if I'm not mistaken was what they were banding around when launching the Vita. Pffft.

Yes remote play is great and I'm sure playing oldies with PS Now will be a great feature but for me, portable gaming means not always being connected so when I don't have a internet connection for remote play or ps now, I want decent quality titles to play whether it be during a road trip, on the train or plane etc.

I get more and more disappointed with/for the Vitas future and after the recent article, don't hold much hope for anything big at E3 for it neither. Hell, they can't even get PS2 HD ports right, looking at the recent release of GoW collection and J&D to name a couple.

Uncharted abyss was a launch game for Christ sake and still one of the best available with no sequel or something of a similar standard from Sony Bend, a non RC Motorstorm would be ace as well as an infamous or vita specific GoW. Would even like a killzone liberation 2 etc. JRPG's really aren't my thing so for genuine vita games I'm really starting to scrape the barrel for something to play which is a damn shame as it's a fantastic system with some very good games.

The launch of the slim vita is what I find quite puzzling, if they supported the console with games then the original 1000 would be selling just fine, it's not like the new slim comes with 5 AAA's up it's sleeve, it still has the same games available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I just got my VITA for the huge backlog of games I have on PS+ titles. I'm also pre-empting my purchase of the PS4 and remote play as well as PS NOW. Even if they were to stop making games for it now I am happy with the streaming and second screen options built into it.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    It's not dead, but I don't see it selling like hotcakes either. It's like a REALLY REALLY good accessory for the PS4 that also happens to play dedicated games on its own.

Awesome device, just neglected a bit.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    I agree except in comparison to the 3DS. I have a 3DS and only own Zelda. I own many Vita games. The 3DS is only a success because it is casual, not because it is a good device or has great games. I feel ripped off truthfully by how cheap and outdated the 3DS is. Sony failed to establish a marketing strategy for the Vita and appeal to a market (not casuals) that would be interested. Also Nintendo only supports the DS while Sony is more focused on their console, which I prefer. Handhelds are only meant to compliment consoles anyway.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    I agree except in comparison to the 3DS. I have a 3DS and only own Zelda. I own many Vita games. The 3DS is only a success because it is casual, not because it is a good device or has great games. I feel ripped off truthfully by how cheap and outdated the 3DS is. Sony failed to establish a marketing strategy for the Vita and appeal to a market (not casuals) that would be interested. Also Nintendo only supports the DS while Sony is more focused on their console, which I prefer. Handhelds are only meant to compliment consoles anyway.
    I literally bought my 3DS for Pokemon. I got a preowned copy of Zelda for it too, but didn't even finish it.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    It's a shame but I must admit it doesn't make me love my Vita any less!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    If you like Japanese games there's plenty. If not... yeah I can see how the system would suck

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Hopefully it won't stop them making a Gran Turismo to see that there is a market for AAA games on the Vita.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSN ID
    italodancemp3
    Almost 24 days left to E3,i wanna see infamous,resident evil,GTA,splinter cell on VITA.
    PSN: italodancemp3

Purchased Physical PSVITA Games: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster,Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus,Metal Gear Solid HD Collection,Resistance: Burning Skies,FIFA14

Purchased Digital PSVITA Games: Muramasa Rebirth,Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate,Dead Nation,FEZ,SteamWorld Dig,Need for Speed: Most Wanted,Gunslugs,Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable,Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus,Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition,Uncharted: Golden Abyss,Dead or Alive 5 Plus

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by italodance View Post
    Almost 24 days left to E3,i wanna see infamous,resident evil,GTA,splinter cell on VITA.
    I think alot of people do but there's more chance of pigs flying.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    All they really need to do is announce a Minecraft bundle (hopefully LE design), for $179 and drop the system on its own to $150 then that should boost sales in the West. If not then that's pretty much it without GTA and whatnot.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    I think the main problem with Vita is that western audience and developers didn't support/get Sony's message. From the beggining it was core oriented, but for typical core gamer everything that not on the BIG scpeen and not blow you away in terms of IQ didnt exist. The second problem is 3ds in Japan, developesr choose it because it ease to develop for and the cost of the development is not so hight and established Nintendo franchises is a HUGE selling point

There's nothing major lined up for the Vita that I know of. I don't own a vita, would like to get one, but there isn't a compelling enough reason to get on board.
    Watch my PS4 Lets Plays! www.youtube.com/skilledjerk

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SkilledJerk View Post
    There's nothing major lined up for the Vita that I know of. I don't own a vita, would like to get one, but there isn't a compelling enough reason to get on board.
    what do you mean by "major"? there is plenty of games anounced for Vita and I have no idea where I get time to play them all

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    what do you mean by "major"? there is plenty of games anounced for Vita and I have no idea where I get time to play them all
    No kidding. hell.....my Vita's memory card is full of games that I keep trying to get to but more games keep coming out. Play some games likes Gravity Rush, Tearaway, and Danganronpa and the word "major" takes on a whole new meaning.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

19. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Veteran
    I'm guessing by that term he means a heavy hitter like GTA, infamous, Bioshock, Motorstorm (non RC), a new Uncharted, AC, COD etc. To be fair, I'm in a similar situation. I've had the Vita since launch and there has been some top games like KZ, Tearaway, Uncharted, Rayman, LBP to name afew but there is only so much Limbo, Thomas was alone, Knytt underground etc I can take and I don't see any big guns announced for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    I'm guessing by that term he means a heavy hitter like GTA, infamous, Bioshock, Motorstorm (non RC), a new Uncharted, AC, COD etc. To be fair, I'm in a similar situation. I've had the Vita since launch and there has been some top games like KZ, Tearaway, Uncharted, Rayman, LBP to name afew but there is only so much Limbo, Thomas was alone, Knytt underground etc I can take and I don't see any big guns announced for the foreseeable future.
    I get that, but I've enjoyed the original IP more than the big name derivatives. Games like Gravity Rush and Danganronpa were built for the small screen and provide a different experience. Typically, the "big" name games try so hard to replicate the console gameplay on a handheld but it never quite matches up. That is why the Japanese games do so well over there, imo. They aren't trying to duplicate the console experience. I understand Sony's reluctance, at this point, to fund AAA games, but I think they would do much better if they put some dollar's behind localizing more Japanese games for the Vita.

22. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I think the main problem with Vita is that western audience and developers didn't support/get Sony's message. From the beggining it was core oriented, but for typical core gamer everything that not on the BIG scpeen and not blow you away in terms of IQ didnt exist. The second problem is 3ds in Japan, developesr choose it because it ease to develop for and the cost of the development is not so hight and established Nintendo franchises is a HUGE selling point
    There's still quite a lot of third party exclusive support for the system, same with how the PSP got a ton of exclusives despite DS domination. Anyway I'm just glad SCEJ at least is still making games for it like Freedom Wars and Gravity Rush 2 which hopefully do well enough for more 1st party games. They need a new LocoRoco and Patapon for it as well, those would look amazing on it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    The Sony handhelds have ALWAYS catered to Japanese market and always been JRPGs oriented. There are so many bad ass JRPGs being localized it's insane and I can't wait to play every single one of them. Many NA/European gamers might not like them but Senran Kagura has been pre-ordered out the ass and Tales of Hearts R as well. If you are action/shooter gamer than the Vita just isn't for you currently. There are plenty of games just not ones you like so please don't speak for the whole vita fan base...

Veteran
    I'm not speaking for the whole Vita fan base at all but from day one it's been sold as "console quality gaming on the go" with Uncharted it's flagship launch title. Expecting more games of that calibre/nature is not unreasonable I don't think.

There is plenty of indie and jrpgs if they're your thing then great, I have no issues with that but at least expected a similar amount of 'major' titles that the PSP saw that I lost countless hours in. Games like Pursuit Force, Syphon Filter, Burnout, DiRT, PES, Midnight Club, Motorstorm Arctic Edge, Medal of Honor, GTA Liberty City & Vice City Stories, Tomb Raider, GoW, Killzone Liberation, MGS Peace Walker, Gran Turismo etc were all what I would call 'major' titles for the system as in most games had console counterparts but were all still excellent for the PSP and just to top it off some rehash 'collections' are worse than the originals (GoW and J&D I'm looking at you) with crappy frame rates and glitches.

I may have been living under a rock but I've never heard of Danganronpa or Senran Kagura and not familiar with Tales of Hearts R either so will browse the web for info on them - thanks.

26. Likes Duffman likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    I'm not speaking for the whole Vita fan base at all but from day one it's been sold as "console quality gaming on the go" with Uncharted it's flagship launch title. Expecting more games of that calibre/nature is not unreasonable I don't think.

I may have been living under a rock but I've never heard of Danganronpa or Senran Kagura and not familiar with Tales of Hearts R either so will browse the web for info on them - thanks.
    Well I'm agree with you, buy I think its not 100% Sony fault that Vita is not doing well, western market hase changet and thanks to mobile market no one see handhelds as a place for majour franchises anymore, from one point of view it's not so good, because we miss this series and cant play them on the go, BUT now it is time to niche/not major games to shine. As example Toukiden on Vita, its an awesome game and I love it MUUUUCH more than MH3U on 3ds, we havent FF game, but we have P4G(I know that Persona is also major series, but not like FF), etc.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Sony is partially to blame though, they funded the GTA games on PSP which kinda got the ball rolling for other third party devs, Sony just hasn't really bothered this time other than CoD.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sony is partially to blame though, they funded the GTA games on PSP which kinda got the ball rolling for other third party devs, Sony just hasn't really bothered this time other than CoD.
    If think they tryed, but cost was much higher than they could afford to spend

Thread Information