After pulling plug on ps3, flash drive wont be recognised in anything?

Hello, the title is basically my problem. My flash drive, which is like my life, wont be recognized on my Xbox 360, computer, or ps3 after unplugging the ps3. I really need to fix it, but on a computer, I have to use the school ones, so can you guys please tell me what to do? It was literally perfectly fine before.

It sounds like it needs to be reformatted. You should probably use a separate flash drive for consoles. They're so cheap and if it's for 360/PS3 you only need a USB2.0 drive.

You can try spraying compressed air on it. It works for me sometimes.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Sounds like the boot file for the drive is corrupted if you can get access to a PC plug it in and it should bring up a pop up saying the drive is corrupt and it should then do a disk check before it starts make sure to tick both boxes as it will do a full check for errors and file issues, it should then work as normal. It there is no auto pop up plug in the drive go to MY COMPUTER (Win XP) or Computer (Win 7) and it should show the USB drive as E or whatever letter has been assigned to it.

Right mouse click the drive select properties and then TOOLS select the option called ERROR CHECKING and tick both boxes and start the program and wait should fix your issue.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Thread Information