Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style

Watch dogs has gone gold

A next-gen experience that reinvents the way gamers will interact with an interconnected open-world city, Watch Dogs arms players with the most powerful of modern weapons: a cell phone that grants unprecedented access to Chicago’s Central Operating System (ctOS). Aiden Pearce wields this weapon – along with his brawn, his guns and his high-tech gadgets – as a vigilante driven to seek out justice (or vengeance) against those who harmed his family.

First revealed at E3 2012, Watch Dogs has been in the works since 2009. Now that the game’s gone gold after an epic five-and-a-half-year development cycle, what’s that mean for the team? “It’s exciting to be gold,” says Creative Director Jonathan Morin. “But it’ll be more exciting when people are playing. For the fans it means that it’s true. It means there will be no such thing as another delay. But for us, it’s not done until they actually have it in their hands.”

Morin’s fan-centric response might be true for any game, but with Watch Dogs it’s especially important for the team to hand their creation to players and allow them to take control of this fully interactive city. That’s because Watch Dogs is all about player choice. “We tried to make a game that’s very scalable in the sense that it supports your play style,” says Lead Gameplay Designer Danny Belanger. “It supports what you want to do most of the time. And it also supports your motivation. Do you want to play a story? Do you want to drive? Do you want to shoot? Do you want to hack? Do you want to play with others? Do you want to play on a tablet? It allows players to do what they feel like, which I find really cool. There’s lots of things to explore, there’s lots of things to try. I think the greatest thing about Watch Dogs is doing what you think is fun.”

Morin agrees, comparing Watch Dogs to a musical instrument. “I invite players to play it the way they want,” he says. “To explore the different ways of playing. To not necessarily follow the instincts they know from other games. To find your own fun in it. That’s how Watch Dogs is meant to be played.”

Of course, the team still would like players to spend a lot of time with the game’s central innovation. “I hope they enjoy hacking,” Belanger laughs. After all, one of the game’s biggest development challenges was layering the hacking mechanic over all the other core gameplay elements – driving, shooting, stealth, combat – while making sure it’s both fun and useful at all times. From what we’ve played so far, the team has definitely succeeded.

As for Morin, he’s looking forward to seeing his game in a whole new light. “I’m going to have fun hearing what the players have to say and how they might surprise us,” he smiles. “I invite you to embrace the whole player creativity and impress us with it!”

OUT OF THE SHADOWS

So what can you do while you wait for the game’s release later this month? Now’s the perfect time to check out the Watch Dogs Digital Shadow app. Since the app launched last month, almost a million profiles have been created. The app uses your Facebook data to piece together a comprehensive profile – and point out where you’re most vulnerable to an attack from a malicious hacker. For more on the app, check out: Watch Dogs – What Is Your Digital Shadow? And to go directly to the app (accessible only in the US), head to the official Digital Shadow website.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-gone-gold/

I am going to have to implement a media black out, due to YT spoilers from it's inevitable leak on PC, 1 week before release.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 05-15-2014 at 01:00.
    Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-gone-gold/

I am going to have to implement a media black out, due to YT spoilers from it's inevitable leak on PC, 1 week before release.
    Best post I've read pertaining to WD all day. Kudos

3. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Seems like we are the only three people on the forums that are pumped for this. Lol everyone else is to worried ripping it a new one for downgrades. I kid. I'm pumped for it though. Glad to have a new ip that is big open world. I have a feeling this game will consume me.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

5. Likes Hermes likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Seems like we are the only three people on the forums that are pumped for this. Lol everyone else is to worried ripping it a new one for downgrades. I kid. I'm pumped for it though. Glad to have a new ip that is big open world. I have a feeling this game will consume me.
    I've been thinking the exact same thing TBH

I think there are a few others, but I'll keep them nameless at the risk of being wrong.

I've lost a lot of interest in the current games I have, so I'm hoping this one will keep me occupied for a long time

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    I've got this pre-ordered and can't wait! The hardest thing for me will be splitting time with WD, MLB The Show, and my affinity for Call of Duty multi-player (it's my first FPS so be kind). But this game looks great, can't wait to get it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Day 1 for me, but i have a feeling i will never finish the story line, maybe because the repetitiveness that Ubisoft games are known for, or the fact that it's around 40 hours, side quests not included, But i think i will spend a lot of time messing around online, actually watching some online videos of it made me want to go back to GTA5.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Apprentice
    count another pumped person in!

Finally You Are Free
    I'm really interested in the title. Ubisoft generally makes good games and I'm a fanboy of open world gameplay. But I do worry it'll stick too much to their usual open-world formula, which is getting old.

Elite Sage
    Really looking forward to it. It *should* be a lot of fun

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Dedicated Member
    10 years ago I would have been excited, but sandbox games are hit or miss and always get repetitive and boring.I liked Sleeping Dogs, but stopped playing it.This game has nothing going for it except that it is open-world.For some reason people think that means a good game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    10 years ago I would have been excited, but sandbox games are hit or miss and always get repetitive and boring.I liked Sleeping Dogs, but stopped playing it.This game has nothing going for it except that it is open-world.For some reason people think that means a good game.
    Yeah thats true. And I'm just not feeling this game. Never really did. Theres something about it that makes me think this will be a generic game. I'm hoping to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-15-2014 at 09:00.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Do not want!

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Make that 4 lol, I had it on pre order when it was going to be a release day game but even when that didn't happen I still left it on pre order, roll on May 27th!!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm more interested in the gameplay aspects myself. Not to mention I usually love Ubisoft's new IP s.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'll be waiting for this to hit around $30.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Is there a "Gone Gold" trailer, too?

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Dedicated Member

Same here, though I usually bow out at around year 3, which is around the release of it's 27th game in the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    can't wait to get this game, add me to the list of those interested. probably not getting it day one as my bday is shortly after it comes out.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

There's so much hype around this game, if it does well it's going to end up like Assassin's Creed. We'll be playing Watch Dogs 4 in a couple years
    Watch my PS4 Lets Plays! www.youtube.com/skilledjerk

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SkilledJerk View Post
    There's so much hype around this game, if it does well it's going to end up like Assassin's Creed. We'll be playing Watch Dogs 4 in a couple years
    http://www.destructoid.com/ubisoft-p...s-257421.phtml

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I think there are a few others, but I'll keep them nameless at the risk of being wrong.
    I would be proud to be counted among you. Go ahead. Name me.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhreak View Post
    Is there a "Gone Gold" trailer, too?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShakesHead View Post
    I would be proud to be counted among you. Go ahead. Name me.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    See this is the problem with the being the messenger of the gods. Everybody wants to shoot you.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yeah thats true. And I'm just not feeling this game. Never really did. Theres something about it that makes me think this will be a generic game. I'm hoping to be proven wrong.
    I feel the same way. It's the wait and see approach for me.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I've seen so many people say it looks generic. Not trying to change anyone's mind by any means but personally I think the hacking aspect is very original. But hey, different strokes.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I think it looks fun but too bad you can't play this game solely at night. I much prefer the night time.

Got it preordered, and while it's not quite how I was "sold" on it, I'm going to keep my preorder and play this day one (assuming I dont have credit card trouble again lol)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Thread Information