Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Official PlayStation sweepstakes hints at Vita price drop

http://www.psu.com/a023321/Official-...ita-price-drop

With Sony’s “Road To Greatness” sweepstakes currently underway, eagle-eyed entrants have noticed something very interesting in the official rules that accompany the promotion.
    Section 7 of the rule’s lists all the prizes that are up for grabs, which include a PS4, a DualShock 4 and a variety of games, including inFamous: Second Son. One of the prizes is also a PlayStation Vita.
    Under this specific listing, Sony states:
    “PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, ARV is $179.99”. ARV stands for “average retail value”.
    What’s curious about the listing is that the official price right now is $199, so this either has to be a typo by Sony, or it could be that there's a price drop incoming. With sales of Vita not going as well as expected, a price cut now could be exactly what is needed to give Sony’s handheld the boost it needs.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Would prefer a memory card price cut to coincide with it. IMO that is one of the main factors for shifting units, the price of the console is really competitive as is, when factoring in a 32/64GB card on top, that's when it becomes expensive.

Still, a price drop is a price drop to hopefully shift afew more units

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Yeah, memory card prices are still ridiculous. Sony would have been better off just using standard microSD than try and push this expensive crap.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What's the point in a $20 drop lol? Just drop it to $149. They bundled in Borderlands 2 worth $40 for $199 which is still the better deal here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I agree with the memory card price drop, the bigger ones are still just too expensive!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Thread Information