Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I want DayZ on PS4

This game is something else. I always thought it was about killing zombies but i've been watching some videos and it's not about it much at all. what i love about the game is how unforgiving it is and how realistic it is...not just the gameplay but the setup. you literally have no clue where anyone is and you can get shot from across the map.

some may think that the lack of direction in the game may be a turn off, i actually think it's great. we don't need objectives to make a game fun, we need fun elements to make a game fun.

i would spend countless hours in a game like this. just the smaller details that make this game so awesome. e.g. there's no ID titles showing, no health bar system, no auto-aim, no real crosshair, there's nothing on the screen, it's just the game. you have to figure **** out yourself...that's challenging and i love that.

one of the videos i recently watched:

I highly doubt H1Z1 would be anything like that...one could only hope.

EDIT: forward that video like halfway to see the real game. he's just ****ing around in the beginning.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I haven't played much of it since I haven't had the time, but it is great. I just love the stories that come out of it.

Hall hinted at DayZ on consoles.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    I have played the old Arma II mod version of this on PC and it is quite fun. It was a blast playing with a buddy and we would start at different points on the map and then have to find a certain point to meet up. I basically just stayed away from any other player that I didn't know because you never know what they will do. But it was quite frightening to be searching a town or small building and agro a bunch of zombies and then just have to go running for your life into the forest an hope to loose them.

I hope it does make it to consoles but it will probably be a while, the standalone version on PC has been in alpha for well over a year past the original projects of Dean Hall, plus they might have just had the core code stolen via hackers. But maybe one day we might get the chance to enjoy this game on the PS4.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    I have played the old Arma II mod version of this on PC and it is quite fun. It was a blast playing with a buddy and we would start at different points on the map and then have to find a certain point to meet up. I basically just stayed away from any other player that I didn't know because you never know what they will do. But it was quite frightening to be searching a town or small building and agro a bunch of zombies and then just have to go running for your life into the forest an hope to loose them.

I hope it does make it to consoles but it will probably be a while, the standalone version on PC has been in alpha for well over a year past the original projects of Dean Hall, plus they might have just had the core code stolen via hackers. But maybe one day we might get the chance to enjoy this game on the PS4.
    ARMA seems cool but this is right up my alley. i like games that are long-term, have no head/feet, no real purpose but just fun. SOCOM i guess was kinda like that. most of the times the whole idea was to find the enemies...when they could be by your feet.

man i wish SOCOM was like this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I haven't played much of it since I haven't had the time, but it is great. I just love the stories that come out of it.

Hall hinted at DayZ on consoles.
    i heard about that, thought it was only for X1 though?

i love tiny tim lol.

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    Ive watched hours upon hours of this streamed and while its a good premise after the mod is still very feature light and the updates are slow to come. H1Z1 from the sounds of it may launch with more features that DayZ talked about at launch. Not to mention the creator of the game is finishing up and leaving the game soon before its fully finished.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by BMK2K7 View Post
    Ive watched hours upon hours of this streamed and while its a good premise after the mod is still very feature light and the updates are slow to come. H1Z1 from the sounds of it may launch with more features that DayZ talked about at launch. Not to mention the creator of the game is finishing up and leaving the game soon before its fully finished.
    hmm...why is he leaving?

and what sort of features are we talking about here? Is H1Z1 similar enough in the hardcore features?

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    hmm...why is he leaving?

and what sort of features are we talking about here? Is H1Z1 similar enough in the hardcore features?
    Basically said ive done all I think I can do so its left to the rest of the team now not the best sign. H1Z1 zombies are meant to be actual dangers unlike DayZ but still enjoyable. And they have confirmed base building at launch which DayZ doesnt seem close to yet. Imo i can see DayZ falling off and under preforming there doesnt seem to be enough movement there but thats just me.

Forum Overseer
    Basically said ive done all I think I can do so its left to the rest of the team now not the best sign. H1Z1 zombies are meant to be actual dangers unlike DayZ but still enjoyable. And they have confirmed base building at launch which DayZ doesnt seem close to yet. Imo i can see DayZ falling off and under preforming there doesnt seem to be enough movement there but thats just me.
    you might be right about that. it is possible that it may become a niche title if it doesn't get updates.

we'll see. what does the base building mean? is it like having a base? like where you start? i heard something about that from the videos. so you're saying that in DayZ, you don't have a place of your own? and H1Z1 will?

either way I'm also excited about H1Z1 and I hope it's very similar to DayZ.

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you might be right about that. it is possible that it may become a niche title if it doesn't get updates.

we'll see. what does the base building mean? is it like having a base? like where you start? i heard something about that from the videos. so you're saying that in DayZ, you don't have a place of your own? and H1Z1 will?

either way I'm also excited about H1Z1 and I hope it's very similar to DayZ.
    You dont start in a base in either but you have the option to collect materials and build a home base/house. But it can also be destroyed by other players.

I think DayZ broke ground in a new genre and was the best in that genre but it doesnt have the man power to come through on all its promises. While H1Z1 has that man power and previous experience and resources. In short it think H1Z1 will do what DayZ set out to do and maybe even more as they are better suited to carry it out.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Every video I ever see of This gmes puts me more and more off it. Nothing ever happens, its like 30 mins of running around spying on some people in the distance or some guy in cuffs being tortured. Might as well call it Kidnap torture dayz.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-16-2014 at 22:25.

Forum Sage
    Check out DayZ Epoch mod. It's day z but there is an economy which you can save and trade gold made by find food drink or guns. You can buy vehicles, food, weapons, Medicaid in safe zones and you can build a base, to an extent.

It's a bit more fun than the DayZ standalone

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Check out DayZ Epoch mod. It's day z but there is an economy which you can save and trade gold made by find food drink or guns. You can buy vehicles, food, weapons, Medicaid in safe zones and you can build a base, to an extent.

It's a bit more fun than the DayZ standalone

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Yeah ive seen all that but i was just telling him about stand alone. Which if any is the most likely to get ported to PS4.

Forum Overseer
    ^BBK. sounds awesome. but i can't put this game on my PC at the moment. i need a new PC.
    You dont start in a base in either but you have the option to collect materials and build a home base/house. But it can also be destroyed by other players.

I think DayZ broke ground in a new genre and was the best in that genre but it doesnt have the man power to come through on all its promises. While H1Z1 has that man power and previous experience and resources. In short it think H1Z1 will do what DayZ set out to do and maybe even more as they are better suited to carry it out.
    interesting. all i really want is the ability to have the camera view that this game has...where you can pretty much do whatever you want with it. also i love how the weapons shoot...very realistic and slow. just a lot of strategy and survival. love it. also love how the game doesn't spoon-feed you at all. no indicators or anything. clear screen.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Every video I ever see of This gmes puts me more and more off it. Nothing ever happens, its like 30 mins of running around spying on some peopel in the distance or some guy in cuffs being tortured. Might as well call it Kidnap torture dayz.
    lol nah, it's a lot more than that. the point is that it's too random. nothing is controlled at all except maybe the map size and the player count.

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    I been keeping my fingers crossed and hoping we get a game like DayZ on consoles, It needs to happen. I can see myself spending countless hours on a game like this.
    What makes a game like this unique and fun (besides everything that has been mentioned above) is the interactions you have with other players, you never know what's going to happen when you come across others. Its very unpredictable and I love that in a game like this.
    I hope H1Z1 doesn't disappoint.
    Keeping my fingers crossed!

Forum Overseer
    yup, one of the reasons i loved WoW. I always liked going in enemy territories but not to gank but to try and become friends...it was always an interesting adventure. sometimes i'd get stabbed in the back but i was good at the game so i always got away (frost mage)

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    lol Thats exactly what I tried doing the first few times I played DayZ. Just went up to random strangers and join them in adventures. I've only played it a couple of times on my cousin's computer. I've contemplated buying a computer for this game but H1Z1 looks promising so I'll just wait, if by then the game doesn't turn out to be as good I'll just have to dish out the money for a computer to run this game and hopefully by then the game will be better updated .
    I haven't played WoW but I am sure I'll like it if I ever give it a chance.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

Thread Information