Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: PS4 or Xbone?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

PS4 or Xbone?

Just so you know; this topic isn't meant to bash down either one of these consoles nor to start a war/argues or whatsoever. I'm just having a hard time deciding myself thus I'm asking the question here to see the replies of others.

So I'm building myself a TV-corner in my room soon and I figured out I want to have a PS4/Xbox One to go with it to play a few games. Problem is, I can't decide.

I can't decide which one to go for.
    At one side I'd go for a PS4, since I've got a vita and with remote play that would work out nice.
    At the other hand, I think an xbox would be nice for a change as well as it has a few interesting features imo that aren't on the PS4.

Anybody who can help me choose? :<

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Which features is it that you like with the XB1? You also need to think about which games, current and future, that interest you the most.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Then just buy both. Then you dont have to decide.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Which features is it that you like with the XB1? You also need to think about which games, current and future, that interest you the most.
    Well, the voice control sounds nice, also switching to TV is a nice addition. The whole kinect part seems interesting imo as well. The multitasking is a good addition as well. And in all honesty, I'm just curious about the whole system as I've always had a Playstation but never an Xbox.

For Playstation the only thing so far I can figure out that I really like is the Remote Play with the Vita and even though I don't feel like it's that much of a useful feature after all...

About the games, both consoles definitely have their lucky charms.. e.g. PS has Uncharted, while Xbox has Forza..

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Then just buy both. Then you dont have to decide.
    Not really the reply I was looking for, else I wouldn't have made a decision topic in the first place

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Lol Sorry. Just trying to help.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    Well, the voice control sounds nice, also switching to TV is a nice addition. The whole kinect part seems interesting imo as well. The multitasking is a good addition as well. And in all honesty, I'm just curious about the whole system as I've always had a Playstation but never an Xbox.

For Playstation the only thing so far I can figure out that I really like is the Remote Play with the Vita and even though I don't feel like it's that much of a useful feature after all...

About the games, both consoles definitely have their lucky charms.. e.g. PS has Uncharted, while Xbox has Forza..
    Well if you're looking for exclusives then Playstation is the way to go in my opinion, each generation Sony seem to have far more and a wider variety of games than Microsoft. The PS4 can't do the multitasking that the XB1 can do however there's a problem with multitasking for European owners, as our broadcasting runs at a different hertz range to keep backwards compatibility, when multitasking you will get 10 missed frames per second when viewing any type of TV with anything else displayed on screen. This is a known problem that Microsoft is working on.

The Playstation also does have voice commands much like Kinnect however unlike the XB1, you do not require the Camera for voice commands, just a microphone.

p.s. Just so you know people know I am a PC fanboy not a console one.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    That brings us to the same level then Varsh
    I'm a PC fanboy myself as well, but I like a console for several things
    Right now, I'm actually leaning towards the PS4 more.. I think it's more worth it than an xbox...

Only thing I really hate is that neither of the so called 'next-gen' consoles can handle the G27 wheel.. I really wanna be able to use it without buying yet another steering heel..

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    That brings us to the same level then Varsh
    I'm a PC fanboy myself as well, but I like a console for several things
    Right now, I'm actually leaning towards the PS4 more.. I think it's more worth it than an xbox...

Only thing I really hate is that neither of the so called 'next-gen' consoles can handle the G27 wheel.. I really wanna be able to use it without buying yet another steering heel..
    I think you mean the G27 won't work on the consoles. It isn't a matter of being able to "handle" it, right?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Just added you to Steam so check your friends list.

As for the wheel, I haven't changed my wheel since 6 months before GT4 was released in Japan (Logitech Driving Force Pro). The wheel is still working a treat however force feedback doesn't seem to work with Windows 7 so I might take the plunge with a Thrustmaster R500 with an F1 wheel - that way I would have a working wheel for the PS4 too when DriveClub is released.

Master Sage
    I say wait for E3 and base your decision off games.

Last edited by Bitbydeath; 05-17-2014 at 22:09.

11. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Bitbydeath has the best advice. Wait for E3 and see what's coming for both systems. It's only a few weeks away and your decision will be much more secure.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    PS4. I damn near sold my XB1 last week.

Forum Sage
    Just so you know; this topic isn't meant to bash down either one of these consoles nor to start a war/argues or whatsoever. I'm just having a hard time deciding myself thus I'm asking the question here to see the replies of others.

So I'm building myself a TV-corner in my room soon and I figured out I want to have a PS4/Xbox One to go with it to play a few games. Problem is, I can't decide.

I can't decide which one to go for.
    At one side I'd go for a PS4, since I've got a vita and with remote play that would work out nice.
    At the other hand, I think an xbox would be nice for a change as well as it has a few interesting features imo that aren't on the PS4.

Anybody who can help me choose? :<
    Make a list of upcoming games for either console that interest you. Whichever has the bigger list is the one you should choose. You can always pick up the other console a few years later when it is cheaper.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I think you mean the G27 won't work on the consoles. It isn't a matter of being able to "handle" it, right?
    Yeah, bad wordchoice :P

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Just added you to Steam so check your friends list.

As for the wheel, I haven't changed my wheel since 6 months before GT4 was released in Japan (Logitech Driving Force Pro). The wheel is still working a treat however force feedback doesn't seem to work with Windows 7 so I might take the plunge with a Thrustmaster R500 with an F1 wheel - that way I would have a working wheel for the PS4 too when DriveClub is released.
    And you have been accepted!
    I just hope right now that they might release an update or something to support the Logitech G27... It's an amazing steering wheel and it would be nice to use that one! I love it

Am definitely going to watch out for the E3 games list that's coming up

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    I say wait for E3 and base your decision off games.
    Thats propably the best advice. Especially with E3 right around the corner.

Dedicated Member
    For now, i'd say neither.

Thread Information