Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

Community Manager - Important Annoucement

From immediate effect, Alex Locher (aka Ghost) is no longer the Community Manager for PSU.com. Alex has worked tirelessly for PSU.com both in the forums and with his Ghost Syndicate, community activities, content and design teams. I'm happy to say that Alex will still continue to be part of PSU's future in numerous areas, but he has made the tough decision to resign as Community Manager.

"
    Dear community,
    Itís after much thought and regret that I have to step down from the role of community manager. Unfortunate circumstances fell upon me around the time I took the helm and their prolonged presence in my life has had an effect on my health and quality of life.

I will be retiring into the role of admin and have decided to promote Fijiandoce as the new community manager. Fijian is one of the most down-to-earth and cool headed people in the forums, is very smart and has been full of initiative ever since the early days. Heís very smart and I know will apply those smarts into working this place further forward.

The goals I had for PSU, to promote and expand upon the various cultures we have here is something I still intend to bring into effect because I never stopped believing that creating a HUB of activity aside from simply chatting about games. One day we will have monthly frontpage articles detailing the winners of SOTW, writing section, trophy hunters and community gaming challenge winners and they will get PSN credit or the like...encouraging the expression of gaming with the chance to get more games.

I thank all of you who supported me during my stint as CM. This change is more one of responsibility and availability though as I will still be working behind the scenes on building PSU into something new and awesome. I know most of you guys donít see it, but the team we have backside, both modding and content wise is amazing. Everyone gets along really well and everyone contributes ideas and their opinions on the site and itís a really nice environment to contribute in...and we can really build whatever we want for a site and itís just really cool.

Anyway, Mr Fijian, take it away!"

So, as you can see. Fijiandoce (Tristam Archer) will be stepping immediately into the role on a probationary basis. Many of you will know him in the forums over the years and as an administrator. He holds PSU very close to his heart, has real passion for the site and the community and we feel that he'll be a great ambassador for us and the community.

From this point forth, any community matters should be brought up with Tristam.

Congratulations!

DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

2. Likes -Dj- likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Sad to see Ghost step down but I guess it was inevitable from what he has been writing here on the forums. I think most people get on with Fiji anyway so it'll be nice to see another good natured person take control from someone similar. Welcome aboard.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Alex already has my thoughts on this in the staff threads...............

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Forum Sage
    Not sure what's happened to Ghost but fingers crossed all is well.

Quite happy with the replacement even though he might make questionable team mate calls

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Sad news but at least he will still be hanging around!

Congrats to Fiji, does not mean he will get special treatment in the F1 competition though
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Good luck to Fiji on his new role!

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I want you guys to know that I am not critically ill or anything but I do have pretty demoralizing health issues which are making my days unpleasant to say the least. I'm in the process of making a slew of lifestyle changes, none of which came easy and most of which constitute an unfortunate sacrifice but ones that have to be made. I'll still be around and will be working with Tristam, Steven, Chris and the guys to make this website brand new and shiney.

I'm very thankful to Tristam for accepting and for stepping up. I think he will be a great CM. I always said I would step down if I was unable, for whatever reason, to function well in this role and so this is just me staying true to that. I feel like I can take the time I need and feel confident leaving the forums in his hands.

9. Likes The Black Wolf, Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I want you guys to know that I am not critically ill or anything but I do have pretty demoralizing health issues which are making my days unpleasant to say the least. I'm in the process of making a slew of lifestyle changes, none of which came easy and most of which constitute an unfortunate sacrifice but ones that have to be made. I'll still be around and will be working with Tristam, Steven, Chris and the guys to make this website brand new and shiney.

I'm very thankful to Tristam for accepting and for stepping up. I think he will be a great CM. I always said I would step down if I was unable, for whatever reason, to function well in this role and so this is just me staying true to that. I feel like I can take the time I need and feel confident leaving the forums in his hands.
    I'm sad to see you go, Ghost. You are the reason I'm on staff. At the same time, you gotta take care of yourself so I'm happy you are reprioritizing and putting your health at the top. And I'm happy you will still be working along side us to remake PSU.

Congrats, Tristam! Well-deserved, sir.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I want you guys to know that I am not critically ill or anything but I do have pretty demoralizing health issues which are making my days unpleasant to say the least. I'm in the process of making a slew of lifestyle changes, none of which came easy and most of which constitute an unfortunate sacrifice but ones that have to be made. I'll still be around and will be working with Tristam, Steven, Chris and the guys to make this website brand new and shiney. I'm very thankful to Tristam for accepting and for stepping up. I think he will be a great CM. I always said I would step down if I was unable, for whatever reason, to function well in this role and so this is just me staying true to that. I feel like I can take the time I need and feel confident leaving the forums in his hands.
    Sad to hear the news but glad youre sticking around. Good choice on your replacement. Congratulations Fiji.

PSU Live Streamer

Get better dude! That is priority #1!

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Congrats to Fiji
    LMAO

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Sad to hear your news Ghost. Your unbridled passion for this forum and the community is second to none. Good luck with the health issues. That's what is most important!

Fiji - congratulations. You will undoubtedly make a great community manager. Looking forward to seeing you in action.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Time to celebrate!

16. Likes The Black Wolf, FatesServant likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Bittersweet news..... Sad to see Ghost go, hope you are able to sort your **** out man. On the other hand, elated for Fiji. Awesome guy and will be a great community manager. Congrats!

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    i won omg i won

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Looks at time of thread...

Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    posted 10 hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    I call for a complete overhaul of the staff here! :-snicker

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    I hope it wasn't i said in the 'apology and status' thread!?

Cant say im not disappointed but get your **** together Ghost.

Congrats to Fijan.... dont **** it up
    Last edited by -Shafty-; 05-20-2014 at 20:17.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I'm sad to see you go, Ghost. You are the reason I'm on staff. At the same time, you gotta take care of yourself so I'm happy you are reprioritizing and putting your health at the top. And I'm happy you will still be working along side us to remake PSU.

Congrats, Tristam! Well-deserved, sir.
    I'm not going, trust me. Becoming CM was worth it for laying the foundation we have now alone. Now we have an awesome team and with you and Varsh lending your expertise we are in an amazing place and I know Tristam is the guy to take the story into the next chapter in the forums.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    i won omg i won
    I won cause you stuck around the forums JUST because of me. It was totally worth it too, your contributions are some of the most prized in the forums and your positive and supportive attitude has been a shining light for me so I thank you. Now, lets spoon.

22. Likes Admartian , -Shafty- likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    The climb to the top continues....

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    your not taking this away from me

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Congratulations Fiji!

Get well soon and thanks for your hard work Ghost!

Fiji has got to get on it! There are less members online and posting these days.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Thanks for the support guys!

Naturally, it's sad to see Ghost step down, but personal health should be top priority! Hope you get better quickly, yo!

We need our old Ghost back in fighting form. I'll keep the seat warm in the interim

Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    The climb to the top continues....

*cough*

you send you wouldn't make that public! wat da hell Ad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Time to celebrate!

what is this??

where i come from, all we drink is:

guaranteed to knock you on your ass in just one shot!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    speechless
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Alex, so sorry to hear about your hard times. Best wishes for the future.

However from a "business" type stand point I have a question. What credentials does Fijiandoce (Tristam Archer) have that make him a good fit for this role? I brought up this argument back when Alex took over as CM from Cuguy, and how I thought it was not a good idea. I don't expect anyone to do what I say, but I hope you guys at least listen to my reasoning when I say an experienced/educated person in this field is needed for this role in order to truly make a difference. If Tristam is a qualified CM then I stand corrected and will apologize immediately.

Can anyone detail for me what has changed/improved since Alex became the CM until his departure? I would love to see it, and for me it mainly comes down to an inexperienced person thrown into a role that was over their head. We had COUNTLESS threads created with each passing month apologizing to the community for lackluster efforts. I left the forum several months ago as the community is dead, plain and simple. We are left with a few longer standing members holding onto the thought of something better. Their main focus of being here is to interact with each other, which is good at times but can hinder great discussion as things become more personal. I will hold my breath on this new appointment, but after reading this news I felt it was necessary to sign in and say my 2 cents. I know many more feel the same way but I have long been known as the guy with the balls to say these things.

8 years and counting!

29. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Can anyone detail for me what has changed/improved since Alex became the CM until his departure?
    -Live streaming on the front page
    -The Vegeta achievement icon

Thread Information