Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1323
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    oh you were talking about the Vita. i thought you were talking about the PS4. my bad. yeah, vita sucks.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    oh you were talking about the Vita. i thought you were talking about the PS4. my bad. yeah, vita sucks.
    Talk about kick us when we're down

I need to look at this Grim Fandango to see what it's all about.

Forum Sage
    lol ok dude, i don't know what else you expect. we don't even know what Halo 5 will look like. we know how good UC4 can look. they already showed off the engine (character model and environment). that 1 min teaser has become a big deal on the net. but yeah, according to you, that's not showing off lol.

point being, still better than MS...which was what you were disagreeing with. but yeah, your opinion based on your rules. can't argue with that
    The only to expect is that Halo 5 looks significantly better than Halo 4. Just as you would expect Uncharter 4 to look significantly better than Uncharted 3.

Point is we got more (relevant info) about Halo 5 (the beta in december) than Uncharted (a teaser trailer (not gameplay)) and a 2015 release date.

Last I checked people liked uncharted more for the story/gameplay than the graphics. Or is your benchmark just the graphics regardless of how good/bad the gameplay and story are? Because that is basically what happened to Killzone Shadowfall.

your perception is wrong here. Sony still has more games. just that they announced them before E3, whereas MS did not and announced whatever they had during E3. if you believe otherwise, show us announced X1 games and I'll show you announced PS4 games.

so while, yes, E3 wasn't all that great for either, that doesn't mean that Sony somehow has lost focus on games and MS gained it over them. MS may have gained it over themselves from before.
    You can see a further explanation of that quotes statement here:

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You want me to elaborate?

MS: 90 minutes of mostly hardcore games at a good pace without any parts dragging on. Much better than what they did at last years E3.

Sony: 105 minutes of hardcore and casual games (much longer indie blitz) but dragged on with non gaming parts. (not good pacing)

Sony is supposed to deliver the exclusives, no? Yet they had their own fair share of "exclusive content" (timed or otherwise) for games, multiplats being shown off and 2015 games being shown. Not much different than MS, yet MS was criticized for doing these things?

And if you paid attention, I gave both conferences the same grade (For sony that was mostly due to the final part of their conference pulling them up from the non gaming stuff)
    Sony hasn't necessarily lost focus, but their efforts no longer stand apart like they did compared to those of MS.

Competition is getting more intense, Sony needs to show that they will stand apart like they did in the past. Not take it easy like they did at this E3.

Also as I mentioned in that quote block, I still haven't seen anything exclusive aside from uncharted (for the most part) that draws my interest. (and the clock for this started on the US launch day for the PS3 back in 2006, 8 years is a long time to wait.)

Forum Sage
    Sony was never going to draw your interest.

Forum Overseer
    The only to expect is that Halo 5 looks significantly better than Halo 4. Just as you would expect Uncharter 4 to look significantly better than Uncharted 3.
    ok, don't know what that has to do with this year's E3. yeah, we know UC5 will look even better, and Halo 6 even more. let's stop coming out with trailers, just put out the games. why do we even have an E3?

Point is we got more (relevant info) about Halo 5 (the beta in december) than Uncharted (a teaser trailer (not gameplay)) and a 2015 release date.
    i would be worried about coming out with a beta in december. yeah, it wasn't gameplay but if you played any of the UC games, you'd know that the game transitions between gameplay and cutscenes and the only thing that lost details were the character models. however, i think they will do a better job this time around with a powerful system.

Last I checked people liked uncharted more for the story/gameplay than the graphics. Or is your benchmark just the graphics regardless of how good/bad the gameplay and story are? Because that is basically what happened to Killzone Shadowfall.
    well, that's the thing. we know the story and gameplay will be good. (not for me, i'm still skeptical but hopeful because it's a new generation) so people are judging by the graphics because they know that they will deliver on the gameplay and storyline. it's not difficult to understand.

Sony hasn't necessarily lost focus, but their efforts no longer stand apart like they did compared to those of MS.
    would love an example.

Competition is getting more intense,
    for MS. if MS was where Sony is right now, they wouldn't even bother releasing a game because they know they'd be set for the rest of the generation. which is sort of what they did last gen.
    Sony needs to show that they will stand apart like they did in the past. Not take it easy like they did at this E3.
    i do know that Sony isn't as aggressive as it was with the PS3's launch (although they ended up failing because they delayed so many games) but yes as far as showing games before their time and then not comitting to those deadlines, they did show more earlier. does that mean Sony will have less games this gen? i highly doubt that. all signs point to Sony expanding their game releases rather than shrinking it.

Also as I mentioned in that quote block, I still haven't seen anything exclusive aside from uncharted (for the most part) that draws my interest. (and the clock for this started on the US launch day for the PS3 back in 2006, 8 years is a long time to wait.)
    dude, it's normal. i haven't found anything interesting on the Xbox since...2001. it's called preference.

Forum Sage
    dude, it's normal. i haven't found anything interesting on the Xbox since...2001. it's called preference.

...and everyone's got one...something so simple none of them are willing to come to terms with because of what they think people will see them as...

they try and downplay which pretty much shows it anyway

7. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Sony was never going to draw your interest.
    Not with their efforts over the past 8 years, they won't. Downward trajectory since the latter part of the PS2's lifespan

ok, don't know what that has to do with this year's E3. yeah, we know UC5 will look even better, and Halo 6 even more. let's stop coming out with trailers, just put out the games. why do we even have an E3?
    Showing off means gameplay. Or at the very least scenes from the game (like in the Dragon Age trailer at the MS conference)

i would be worried about coming out with a beta in december. yeah, it wasn't gameplay but if you played any of the UC games, you'd know that the game transitions between gameplay and cutscenes and the only thing that lost details were the character models. however, i think they will do a better job this time around with a powerful system.
    Why?

well, that's the thing. we know the story and gameplay will be good. (not for me, i'm still skeptical but hopeful because it's a new generation) so people are judging by the graphics because they know that they will deliver on the gameplay and storyline. it's not difficult to understand.
    How? Killzone 2 was decent. Killzone 3 wasn't as good, but still decent. Shadowfall, loked pretty but dropped the ball compared to 2/3. Yeah I know Naughty Dog is held in higher regard than GG, but everybody can screw up. Bioware proved that. So what guarantees do we have?

would love an example.
    For me personally

The E3 conferences where games like Warhawk, Uncharted 2/3 (2 is the one I remember best) and MAG where shown off.

Regarding number games shown overall: E3 2010

for MS. if MS was where Sony is right now, they wouldn't even bother releasing a game because they know they'd be set for the rest of the generation. which is sort of what they did last gen.
    How can you say that? Last year MS had a bungled E3/message and had to spend a lot of time on PR. This year they resolved than and focused on games.

i do know that Sony isn't as aggressive as it was with the PS3's launch (although they ended up failing because they delayed so many games) but yes as far as showing games before their time and then not comitting to those deadlines, they did show more earlier. does that mean Sony will have less games this gen? i highly doubt that. all signs point to Sony expanding their game releases rather than shrinking it.
    Posibly, but it is annoying to see 2015 games at E3 2014.

But are you being criticized for not finding interesting things on the xbox?

Forum Overseer
    Not with their efforts over the past 8 years, they won't. Downward trajectory since the latter part of the PS2's lifespan
    you're speaking about the entire industry there bud.

Showing off means gameplay. Or at the very least scenes from the game (like in the Dragon Age trailer at the MS conference)
    *ugh* i give up.

Why?
    because that means they haven't put enough time into the title. X1 kits weren't even ready for the longest time. they had multiple issues with it. and you're talking about a company that didn't originate Halo. yeah, i'm going to call it now, it may be great but it's not going to be making any headlines compared to other games.

How? Killzone 2 was decent. Killzone 3 wasn't as good, but still decent. Shadowfall, loked pretty but dropped the ball compared to 2/3. Yeah I know Naughty Dog is held in higher regard than GG, but everybody can screw up. Bioware proved that. So what guarantees do we have?
    how about, ND hasn't failed in 15 years? how's that?

and what did Bioware prove? i wasn't talking about KZ btw. i'm not a big fan of that series.

For me personally

The E3 conferences where games like Warhawk, Uncharted 2/3 (2 is the one I remember best) and MAG where shown off.

Regarding number games shown overall: E3 2010
    umm you said, as opposed to MS. and you're talking about 4 years down the road. you are expecting that from Sony when even they haven't done it yet. let alone MS or Nintendo lol. high expectations? unrealistic expectations?
    yes yes.

How can you say that? Last year MS had a bungled E3/message and had to spend a lot of time on PR. This year they resolved than and focused on games.
    you obviously didn't get my analogy. yeah, when the pressure is on them, they are trying their best...in their own way, not better than Sony...but better than before. i was saying that if the pressure was off them and had they been making all-time records with the X1, i doubt they would've even cared. they rode the 3rd party wagon last gen when that was half-way true...i can't imagine them in almost a monopolistic position...err wait i can actually, it's MS, they make windows XD

Posibly, but it is annoying to see 2015 games at E3 2014.
    and it's less annoying to NOT see games that are coming out in some form this year? *thumbs up* it's your rule i'm sure.

But are you being criticized for not finding interesting things on the xbox?
    do you see me going into the Xbox E3 thread and spewing funny stuff?

Forum Sage
    you're speaking about the entire industry there bud.
    Sure what I said could apply to the industry as a whole. But I'm talking about Sony's efforts in their appeal to myself.

*ugh* i give up.
    I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Perhaps give it another go? Also you have to note, I'm making comparisons with uncharted games shown at previous E3's as well.

because that means they haven't put enough time into the title. X1 kits weren't even ready for the longest time. they had multiple issues with it. and you're talking about a company that didn't originate Halo. yeah, i'm going to call it now, it may be great but it's not going to be making any headlines compared to other games.
    How does it mean they haven't put enough time into the game? I'm going to guess its a MP bata (if that hasn't already been stated). MP beta's are used to evaluate netcode and gameplay. Gmaeplay was the major issue for Halo 4. 343 Nailed the graphics, but the gameplay (mostly on the MP side) needed improvement.

Also I don't get your obsession about 343 not being bungie when there are former bungie employees at 343 and bungie had its fair share of issue with their halo games.

Finally a game can't by definition be great and not make headlines. Especially when its halo. The only real competition I see for Halo 5 (assuming a Sept. or Nov. release in 2015) is the division and the rainbow six game. And both of those games will eat into each other as well (not to mention both are ubisoft games and we know the "issues" they have had in recent years)

COD/BF whatever is getting old. Which is why we are seeing these franchises become more ridiculous.

And lets do a timeline. H4 comes out in Nov. 2012 So the most basic concepts for story and design for H5 has to have been present then. Tangible development for H5 probably started a few months after H4's release (so lets say Feb. 2013) With a projected release date of Sept. or Nov. 2015 (potential of around ~29 months) how is that not enough development time? And you can't just assume 1st party 343 had all the same dev issues as the 3rd party developers did.

how about, ND hasn't failed in 15 years? how's that?

and what did Bioware prove? i wasn't talking about KZ btw. i'm not a big fan of that series.
    15 years? Bioware hadn't failed in 13 years. Then Dragon Age 2 came out. So forgive me if I'm not going to give any developer that kind of leeway anymore.

And I mentioned KZ as an example to make my point. A series that initially was good on the PS3 but was not able to continue that with Shadowfall on the PS4.

umm you said, as opposed to MS. and you're talking about 4 years down the road. you are expecting that from Sony when even they haven't done it yet. let alone MS or Nintendo lol. high expectations? unrealistic expectations?
    yes yes.
    Warhawk came out in 2007 and was demoed at E3 2006. I forgot to mention another game (Formula One Championship Edition) which also came out in 07 but was shown at E3 2006 and 2005. Do you want me to list the games that have interested me in the same way from MS's E3 conferences for the 360/X1?

you obviously didn't get my analogy. yeah, when the pressure is on them, they are trying their best...in their own way, not better than Sony...but better than before. i was saying that if the pressure was off them and had they been making all-time records with the X1, i doubt they would've even cared. they rode the 3rd party wagon last gen when that was half-way true...i can't imagine them in almost a monopolistic position...err wait i can actually, it's MS, they make windows XD
    Possibly. But there are a lot of factors that affect such a thing. Old leadership? then things likely would not have changed and games would not be the main/dominant focus. Phil Spencer? He is a games guy through and through, so I think he would have pushed that regardless of sales/pr performance.

For the 360 it was basically due to sony having a 1 year delay and much higher price (because of blu-ray). If they both had come out in 2006, MS would have had to hustle. Basically sony took it way too easy on them then, so they didn't do much. (I don't think any company would in that situation)

But if we upped the competition to a moderate level (we are much past that now) I think MS would have worked bit a bit harder.

and it's less annoying to NOT see games that are coming out in some form this year? *thumbs up* it's your rule i'm sure.
    Yes, obviously seeing 2014 games at E3 2014 is better/preferable to seeing 2015 games.

do you see me going into the Xbox E3 thread and spewing funny stuff?
    So my view/take on things is "funny stuff"? Am I not allowed to participate in that section of the forums?

I don't really know what people "want". I objectively graded the conferences (considering the general/overall audience) and gave them the same grade. But when discussing my personal views/preferences how could anybody expect the result to be the same as what I just mentioned? Sony did disappoint me. Not so much based on my own expectations for the conference (I didn't really have any) but using the expectations of others as the metric. And stating that the expectations of others was not met. And I'm getting flak for that? Do you not see the bias/hypocrisy there of those giving me flak?

Edit: Hell, I'm reading the Rate sony e3 thread, and I rated the conference much higher than most, (and was less harsh) but I don't see people getting the same criticism in that thread that I received. Why is that acceptable? Or is "friendly fire" not allowed under any circumstances?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    still gotta rewatch the full thing but this game sounds appealing.

I don't really consider a short teaser trailer to be considered "showing off a game". Also, we did get get a Halo 5 beta announcement and release date in December, counts more than a teaser trailer with 2015 after it.

Last I checked (and as many people like to mention here) Sony is the "games" company. As opposed to MS/nintendo. So Based off of that I expect them to deliver on the games front more than the other 2 companies. Also to build of of their sales momentum and that they didn't have major changes in leadership/vision recently? Plus I was hoping for a PS title (aside from uncharted) to draw my interest but there still isn't anything so far.

MS is righting their ship and putting it on a new (correct) course. Sony didn't have this problem, so what is their reason for not having a better show?

All people could expect from MS was a better show than last year (focus on hardcore games primarily), which is what they received.

Need I pull quotes to remind you?

To which my response was essentially:

And even that had to be "criticized":

One simple statement and somebody goes off the deep defensive end.

You want to talk about hypocrisy? Talk to those who gave D's/F's for the MS conference, but did not do the same for Sony's conference.
    I feel that you fully haven't taken the point of what I'm trying to say, and yet remain EXTREMELY defensive.

Instead of further detailing this, I will just remain disappointed that you continue to not get it.

Let's hope that you do at some point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Elder
    Madcuznovitalol..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Madcuznovitalol..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Well if you've got nothing nice to say about something...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Overseer
    too long, don't read:

Forum Sage
    overall i don't agree with that, yes i agree that they didn't announce as first party titles that would be coming out within the same year as opposed to how many they "promised" in 2005. but let's not forget how badly they failed with those promised...not to mention the launch of the console being delayed.

and again, why compare their PS4 launch with the point where PS3 was mature? makes no sense. that's how it is, things are slow in the beginning, they get better. i'd say overall things were slower this year but Sony still did more throughout the year.

you can say that Sony could've done better at E3 from the one they did in 2005...yeah, sure. it was more exciting. but if you're going outside the "show" part of it, you couldn't be more wrong.
    Well this time around sony didn't have the development issues and launch delays that they did with the PS3. So I wouldn't necessarily say that repeating the same "games this year" strategy would lead to the same outcome (delays) as it did for the ps3.

And I'm focusing on the earlier E3's in this discussion (05/06/07), not the later E3's which wouldn't make sense to compare.

you know, for someone who has completely lost the point himself, you are pretty $#@!y lol. yeah, let me have another go. you are now talking about something that is totally different from what you started with. can we go back to the beginning? you said Sony didn't do a better job than MS at E3. I said, they showed UC4...what did MS show to combat that? so far you have just been downplaying the reveal of UC4...and now we're here.

do not pass go, do not collect $200.

try again.
    The issue with your "expectation" is that you are treating the UC4 reveal as something that needed to/warranted a counter from MS. I don't see it that way. Hell, we got even less information from the UC4 reveal than we did from the battlefront 3 "reveal" which I considered to be a cop out. Yet you are acting like Sony showed off a megaton involving UC4 that needed a counter from MS if I want to consider the MS conference as being better? UC4 reveal trailer was a nice touch, but we don't know any major details about the game. So it didn't really do anything for me and therefore can't really be used as explanation for sony outdoing MS with their conference. Also you seem to be forgetting that I gave sony/MS the same grade. Which means that I judged their conferences to be equal from a general standpoint. So I'm not seeing where the need for a MS response to UC4 is coming from.

Also considering even ubi was able to give us pre alpha footage of the next rainbow six game, you can't expect me to praise the UC4 reveal trailer when others set a higher bar for their 2015 games.

MP doesn't mean the gameplay changes. it means that they are going to balance some things here and there. to rush a game this way, it means that they could've possibly jeapordized the (first and foremost) design of the game. is it going to be like the previous Halos...just better-looking? or will it evolve like you know...Halo already did (AKA Destiny).

they are trying to redo something that is not only "old" and not their creation, it's a part of the FPS that is pretty well with Planet Side 2 and Destiny. if they can make something that is remotely as good as those two titles then more power to them. but my senses tell me that if they are going to come out with a beta this year...they are rushing the game to save the Xbox. which is fair but you're likely not going to be a true next-gen Halo. it's going to be the same $#@!. don't mistake, i said the same about UC4. they need to do something new, not the same $#@! they did with UC on PS3.

if they can add more elements that would make the game have a more next-gen feel then go for it. otherwise, it has already become stale. so yeah, i wouldn't be so happy about that. beta means that the design stage and gameplay is pretty much locked.
    It depends on the feedback they receive. The changes could just be simple balancing, or it could be more significant depending on feedback.

343 Knows the gameplay needs to be improved, I'm sure the changes they made/are making will properly address that to make H5 a much better game than H4 and not just a prettier one.

Also I don't get your obsession with Planetside 2. It's decent, but it's not mindblowing. Nowhere near the same category as Destiny and what H5 is expected (desired?) to be.

I don't see their efforts as rushing, considering H4 came out in November 2012 and that H5 is expected around that time in 2015. Basically the same schedule as Halo 3 regarding the 360 launch and that of Halo 3.

They are likely making the beta in december so they can get feedback earlier so that they can ensure the MP is well received when the game actually ships.

I think you are being unnecessarily pessimistic about this/343.

because they're not? no, they're former left-overs. the real bungie is making a game that everyone is looking forward to.

bungie had problems with halo because they were being forced to make something that they wanted to quit making 8 years ago.
    Um 8 years ago is 2006. So basically after H2 (and we have to throw in H3 to finish that story arc).

Problem is people had complaints about H2 SP and even some about MP. Most of this was addressed in H3, but there were still issues here and there.

Also with you statement, you are kind of refusing to acknowledge that H3: ODST and Reach are good games. (and possibly better than the first 3 in certain aspects)

they're not even in the same genre LOL. did you forget Destiny and PS2?
    Are you saying that Halo isn't in the same genre as Rainbow Six and The division? Or that Rainbow Six and The Division are not in the same genre?

Also Destiny and PS2 come out in 2014. H5, Division and Rainbow Six are 2015 titles.

yeah it's getting old but they keep being #1. which is still beside the point.
    Well, I'll keep hoping that people will wake up.

uh yeah i can because Xbox dev kits weren't ready for the longest time. and they kept changing the dev kits. without an actual dev kit, it's difficult to push the system because you don't know the final specs. so if they started the development that early, that wouldn't mean it's a good thing either.
    I remember similar issues with the 360. Many dev's putting out launch/launch window games were using Powermac G5's for development (360 alpha dev kits, iirc). And those games turned out fine.....

Bioware is a decent developer but they haven't taken the industry like ND has for the past decade and actually 2 pretty much. and UC4 so far looks interesting. Bioware is also under EA, there's your first problem, second, they're not first party, which is another disadvantage.
    I wouldn't say that. Looking at ND's game history the basically performed at the same level as bioware over that time. They did put out more games though.

KZ was good at one point? LOL what? where have i been?
    Reviews for 2 and 3 were decent, and people on this forum seemed to like them. And KZ is a better example to use than Resistance.

not getting your point here. what do your interests have to do with this conversation?
    You are saying that I was expecting things from sony that they did ~4+ years into the PS3 launch from the PS4 in the 1st year? I was giving specific examples of games released in the first year on the PS3 and offered to list some on the xbox platforms.

and yet you're judging Sony for having a less spectaculare show than the previous generation's? which was full of bull$#@! anyway.
    Bull$#@! or not, sony set those bars. If they didn't want to be compared against that, then they shouldn't have bs'ed their way to that standard.

so that means we should not get excited about a game that was shown which would be out next year. got it.

O_O
    No, just that showing 2015 games this year (epically in the limited ways that were done by most companies) doesn't really do anything tangible. Sure it builds hype, but I'd rather get more concrete details/see actual gameplay than just get an unsatisfying trailer for a game at least 1 year away.

if you didn't have double standards, i wouldn't mind.

none of that has to do with our discussion. you made a comment stating that Sony did not outdo MS. i asked if there was something as big in MS' conference as UC4, you haven't provided an answer but you still feel the same.

i would've liked seeing your impressions if Halo 5 was teased.
    I addressed this question to your earlier remarks near the top of this post.

Also everybody has "double standards" (since everybody seems to be convinced that this is the case for myself), so why single me out for that?

Veteran
    Nobody seemed to pay attention that Sony made history by live streaming the press conference to over 50 theaters across North America. There were some bumps. It is strange, Sony designed TwitchTV into the PS4 but went with Ustream for the live stream. Ustream went down, TwitchTV stayed up. At the very least, it means Sony has the capability to live stream content during the pre-show ads. This is really interesting that Google is buying TwitchTV for $1 billion, and Sony is still working on their 4K streaming system with nothing in-house that is designed for live streaming.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Thread Information