Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    So, the big "megaton" was reviving Crackdown. Only thing is it looks like Borderlands now and Borderlands is a much better game.

Yeah, noticed almost nothing mentioned going into 2015. It's no wonder MS is withdrawing from more and more events, like GDC this year, probably minor presence at Gamescom, hardly noticeable at TGS. Very bland press conference but that is probably better than the disastrous press conferences the past year.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Full discretion... I'm not a multiplayer, indie or Japenese game guy and have never been too much of a fan of Microsoft exclusives other than Alan Wake.

That said, I found their conference very disappointing. For exclusives, the only slightly interesting one was Sunset Overdrive but looked like the fun wouldn't last long (though I really don't know without hands on, so that may be a bit unfair). They showed 90 minutes of games, yes, but how many were exclusive to their system and actual gameplay versus multiplatform or CG?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sunset overdrive, fable legends halo collection, forza horizon? Yeah thats strong enough for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now replace sunset with gears of war? Are we back to this $#@! again

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

Official Microsoft @ E3 2014/Press Conference Thread

Did MS give a speech in the beginning?

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    I was happy with what they showed for this year. Severly disappointed in what they have got cooking for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kind of pointless to focus on 2015 games at E3 2014.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sunset Overdrive was really the only decent thing for me and its not so great looking as to spend $400 on a console for just that. Now if it was Shenmue 3...

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    I really liked assassin's creed unity, the division, cod advanced warfare. would also want halo anniversary collection. the good thing about the conference is they kept focus on hardcore games, kept showing as many as they could, and did not go much towards entertainment/kinect stuff. Wasn't a mind blowing conference but it was certainly organized well and had some good games on display.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sunset Overdrive was really the only decent thing for me and its not so great looking as to spend $400 on a console for just that. Now if it was Shenmue 3...
    That just is not happening, no matter how much we cry for it to happen.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Getting my hopes up for a next gen Gears of War reveal. I guess I was just hoping way too hard. Oh well, still a good conference.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Now replace sunset with gears of war? Are we back to this $#@! again

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Forza Horizon is not the "same $#@!". Neither was legends (not exactly my cup of tea but it sure wasn't Fable 4).

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Getting my hopes up for a next gen Gears of War reveal. I guess I was just hoping way too hard. Oh well, still a good conference.
    E3 2015 is the likely time for that.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    That just is not happening, no matter how much we cry for it to happen.
    Wasn't the IP renewed lately though? Pretty sure they're planning something with it. Would be huge if Nintendo actually has it. One of the 3 will.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Extremely medicore event. Only Sunset Overdrive looks interesting because it has this Ratchet vibe

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Kind of pointless to focus on 2015 games at E3 2014.
    I guess, I dunno, just seems devoid of something.
    I really like what they showed for this year, its just that we knew about most of it from last year.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Will this be the gen of re-released games and sequels? Where are the new franchises? I want something new and fresh! Nothing besides Sunset Overdrive peaked my interest.

8 years and counting!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Its like they have given up targeting girls or kids, I mean wow, really pigeon hole yourself into a boring demographic with similar art styles shared between.
    Bet you anything SONY shows off a kids game.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Impressions from watching...

2014 XBOX E3 media brief
    ================================================== ================================================== =============

- Phil Spenser on stage, being fairly non partisan, everything is good, yadda yadda
    - gamer comments shaping xbox, lol
    - entire briefing dedicated to games

Sizzle Reel, games this year
    - activation sledgehammer games, COD: Advanced Warfare, first to play add ons on MS platforms, reasonably attractive for COD but spends a minute in a drop pod, played on stage in theory, once they land it’s kind of a generic looking US city, supposed to be south korea? with generic looking shooting, except for augment suits allowing big drops and jumps, city looks contemporary none of the equipment looks based on anything real, especially the matrix drone swarms, tear a car door off to use a shield, graphics are weird somehow, can’t put my finger on it, not sure what platforms

- Turn 10 studios, Forza Motorsport 5, nurembering track for free starting today, Forza Horizon 2, 200 cars, including new lambourghini, day night, dynamic weather, 1080p, drivatars will carry over, dedicated servers, clubs up to 1000 members, sept 30th, looks a bit plastic, not sure it looks as good as drive club

- Valve, Evolve, looks pretty good, nothing new about it though, just a trailer

- Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed Unity, exclusively next gen, 18th century France, multiplayer coop in the main campaign? gameplay demo, looks very nice, some nice cloth dynamics, big crowds, bad guy doesn’t sound particularly french,

- favorite games of developers, interview clips,

- Bioware, premier content on xbox, Dragon Age: Inquisition, not bad looking for dragon age, but way behind AC Unity,

- Insomniac, Sunset Overdrive, it basically invades a ,ore serious FPS war trailer, fairly amusing, Ted Price, customized character, unconventional weapons, live demo, kinda feels like ratchet and clank combat with sly cooper movement, colorful, odd explosions, 8 player chaos squad, dedicated servers,

- dead rising expansion, capcom, 4 player coop, 31st anniversary edition, DLC craziness, weird

- Harmonix, Dance Central: Spotlight exclusive on xbox one, faster sing inclusion, Fantasia Music Evolved,

- lionhead, fable legends, MMO? no maybe coop fable? looks decent, not very populated social hub in the video, video has full dialogue, can play the villain, async play for villain, sounds like fixed characters, beta this fall

- Project Spark, video doesn’t really seems to reflect what the game will really look like, has more than just the generic fantasy filter, now has a space filter, conker character, hard to say what 3rd person action parts will actually look like, player made games looked kinda weak

- Moon Studios, 2D platforming, looks a lot like some of Ubisoft’s games, Ori and the Blind Forest, most artistic xbox game I think I’ve seen

- Halo 5: Guardians, trailer, no real clue what it is about from trailer, 343 Industries, master chief’s journey, nov 11th, all main halo games will be on xbox one, master chief collection, single unified interface, one disc, HLAO: CE, HALO: 2, HALO: 3, HALO: 4, halo 2 gets full anniversary treatment, original halo 2 multi-player, 6 iconic maps updated, 1080p 60fps, 4000 gamer score, a hundred maps, HALO: Knightfall digital TV series, this december halo 5 beta, new game modes and features, 60fps, dedicated servers,

Phil Spenser, back to talk about halo, the games shown so far as a “handful” of games coming this year, selection of 2015 and later games

- Playdead, first on xbox, artistic 2d platforming game, Inside

- ID@Xbox, the indie program for xbox, lots on xbox first,
    - aztec (team colorblind), knight squad (chainsawesome games), Plague Inc. Evolved (Ndemic Creation), White Night (Osome Studio) Earthlock (Snow Castle Games), Cuphead (StudioMDHR) Drifter (Heart Machine), Lifeless Planet (Stage 2 Studios), Slash Dash (Nevernaut Games), FRU (Through Games), Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (asteroid base) Mighty9 (Comcept) Grave (Broken Windows Studio) Threes (sirvo/hidden variable) FenixRage (reverb triple xp/green lava) Woolte (Grin) #IDARE (other ocean) hell raid (techland) Below (capy games)

- world premier, new Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider,

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, new gameplay video, a monster hunt, messy kills, open world, vast, over lapping quests,

- Ken Lobb, creative director, game reboot, trailer for phantom dust, never heard of it, has a fighter kind of aesthetic,

- Massive, Tom Clancy’s The Division, in theory this is being played, still looks pretty good, better than watchdogs ended up looking, looks like there are NPC bad guys, very scripted presentation though, not sure this is real, still has the car door close,

- Platinum Games, original game,e exclusively on xbox one, fantasy themed, jungle, dragons, relatively modern teen with sword and headphones, monsters that fight each other, called Scalebound, yamatano orichi, character transforms into armored form

- exclusive xbox one, added multiplayer, open world, Crackdown, new campaign, fully coop, dedicated servers, original creator heading up the team

-

18. Likes MjW likes this post
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Will this be the gen of re-released games and sequels? Where are the new franchises? I want something new and fresh! Nothing besides Sunset Overdrive peaked my interest.
    Pretty much this. Sunset Overdrive was freaking amazing. Wish other exclusive content like that had been shown. I was actually impressed by the Call of Duty gameplay as well. Heat seeking grenades? Hell yeah.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

20. Likes Justin likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Was alright I think.

Nothing seemed very, and I'm loath to use this term, "next-gen". It just felt like games that could easily be played on a 360/PS3 or PC (minus graphical quality obviously) tomorrow and no one would really be thinking "wow THIS is nothing like I played before!". Seemed a bit box ticking with all the multiplayer focused/dedicated servers/open world guff.

Forum Sage
    I guess, I dunno, just seems devoid of something.
    I really like what they showed for this year, its just that we knew about most of it from last year.
    This year is getting the xbox back on track. Which means focusing on games coming out in the not so distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    You do realize it takes quite some time to develop a game, and a new IP at that.

Considering this is the first E3 since the consoles launched, dev's are still learning the systems and the previous gen consoles still need support it is too early to expect many new ip's to be revealed.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Its like they have given up targeting girls or kids, I mean wow, really pigeon hole yourself into a boring demographic with similar art styles shared between.
    Well I hope they have at least one platfomer, a new R&C is likely if that counts.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    It was like there wasnt even an e3 for ms?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Wasn't the IP renewed lately though? Pretty sure they're planning something with it. Would be huge if Nintendo actually has it. One of the 3 will.
    Since suzuki isn't with sega anymore, he'd need to raise a whole lot of money to fund/develop the game. Don't see it happening, but would be pleasantly surprised if one of the three announce somewhere in future a shenmue 3 exclusive on their console.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by welshboymick View Post
    Nothing seemed very, and I'm loath to use this term, "next-gen". It just felt like games that could easily be played on a 360/PS3 or PC (minus graphical quality obviously) tomorrow and no one would really be thinking "wow THIS is nothing like I played before!".
    Agreed. I get into this same debate all the time but not many people actually realize this.

27. Likes welshboymick likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Let me get this straight, people complain about the kid/casual focus. So when MS reverts to a showing for the hardcore gamers, people complain about the the lack of a kids/casual game? (which did exist by the way, project spak for exmaple)

Thread Information