Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 313
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I must say.. Sunset Overdrive is shaping up well. Insomniac seem to have nailed down all the things that made Infamous 2 so great for me.

Still not sold on the enemies, but here's a funny tidbit: the gf mentions that Sunset Overdrives' are actually more appealing than the run of mill zombies, being that their not as scary... :P
    Its like Tony hawk and Jet set radio had a love child, and was raised by Dead Rising.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I still don't really know what its about, just that it has dragons!
    Yeah. That kind of thing resonates with me. Dragonds and modern-future mix awesome sauce. Platinum has a way with what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    ME4 is going to be at EA's conference. They aren't going to wast that elsewhere. Batlefront as well.

Hardline and destiny for sony's conference. I don't expect to hear anything at titanfall 2 during this E3.

Yeah but why does it matter? Everybody knows his bias. Instead if the complaint you just listed, people will just say that he is kissing ass/sucking up since he no longer works for sony. Hell I gave the conference a B, and people know my views.
    LOL yes. Why is anyone expecting Titanfall 2 already. They are from the same people responsible for that other regurgitated pile of poo, but that rotation is up to EA vai a MS vs Sony duel. even if the first game was developed with all intent of being on every console we've got a year at least before we should expect anything I'd image. Maybe a teaser to show intentions, perhaps even for the sake of the devs declaring it's their game....

Dedicated Member
    let me check out some nerd reactions on gaf about the ms conference before switching off..

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Yeah but why does it matter? Everybody knows his bias. Instead if the complaint you just listed, people will just say that he is kissing ass/sucking up since he no longer works for sony. Hell I gave the conference a B, and people know my views.
    I agree. It doesn't matter. Just my take on his A rating.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    Yeah. That kind of thing resonates with me. Dragonds and modern-future mix awesome sauce. Platinum has a way with what they do.

LOL yes. Why is anyone expecting Titanfall 2 already. They are from the same people responsible for that other regurgitated pile of poo, but that rotation is up to EA vai a MS vs Sony duel. even if the first game was developed with all intent of being on every console we've got a year at least before we should expect anything I'd image. Maybe a teaser to show intentions, perhaps even for the sake of the devs declaring it's their game....
    If EA does that they might as well slit their own throats. Talking about a sequel ~3 months after the previous game came out? I don't think EA is that stupid.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I was not impressed. The exclusives were just not there. I expected them to eat Sony's lunch at this E3 with exclusives, and unfortunately their most impressive looking game (The Witcher) is multiplat.

Sunset Overdrive looked like garbage. Graphics were meh, framerate was $#@!. I'm sure it will be mildly fun, but its no system seller.

Crackdown. Meh. I never liked the series with its cell-shaded look and they continued with that cartoony feel. It's no megaton.

I expect Sony to take this pretty easily now.

Forum Sage
    You do realize it takes quite some time to develop a game, and a new IP at that.

Considering this is the first E3 since the consoles launched, dev's are still learning the systems and the previous gen consoles still need support it is too early to expect many new ip's to be revealed.
    So, he can't comment on if this E3 was good or not? I don't think it's the consumers job to understand what goes on behind the scenes.

Let me get this straight, people complain about the kid/casual focus. So when MS reverts to a showing for the hardcore gamers, people complain about the the lack of a kids/casual game? (which did exist by the way, project spak for exmaple)
    Mickice was the only one to say it, why are you generalizing everybody? You tend to do that ALOT.

Its like Tony hawk and Jet set radio had a love child, and was raised by Dead Rising.
    Don't say Dead Rising....that game is terrible. Sunset Overdrive does not look terrible. It looks fantastic. Not even close to Dead Rising....hopefully.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post

Titanfall 2 speak would be terrible. Don't they still have DLC to release for the first one? Not only that, but they are simply in the planning stages of the sequel. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't officially announced until next E3.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    I was not impressed. The exclusives were just not there. I expected them to eat Sony's lunch at this E3 with exclusives, and unfortunately their most impressive looking game (The Witcher) is multiplat.

Sunset Overdrive looked like garbage. Graphics were meh, framerate was $#@!. I'm sure it will be mildly fun, but its no system seller.

Crackdown. Meh. I never liked the series with its cell-shaded look and they continued with that cartoony feel. It's no megaton.

I expect Sony to take this pretty easily now.
    Really depends on what they show and WHEN it's coming.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    So, he can't comment on if this E3 was good or not? I don't think it's the consumers job to understand what goes on behind the scenes.
    So you are basically advocating for consumers to be dumb/uninformed? OK.

Mickice was the only one to say it, why are you generalizing everybody? You tend to do that ALOT.
    In this thread, yes. But that sentiment has been present for MS for several years. Especially here.

Master Sage
    Any word on if Witcher 3 was actually being demoed on Xbox? Looked really good.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

In this thread, yes. But that sentiment has been present for MS for several years. Especially here.
    I'm sure some have expressed that. It is a forum, not a collective.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    Really depends on what they show and WHEN it's coming.
    I don't see how that matters in terms of generating excitement when you know the games are coming. As long as there is something available to play, the time of release doesn't matter as much. It's always nice to know that it's sooner than later, ofcourse.

Forum Sage
    No, I am not. But I think you just did. Being excited about something involves a simple emotion....you either are, or you're not.

Understanding how it all comes together does not add anything to it.

Right, you only see it that way is because of how you look at everything. Step out of the console war for a minute.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-09-2014 at 20:09.

Veteran
    The point wasn't to focus on 2015, it was to even mention 2015 at all, and the only title seemed like Halo 5. We have known and heard about most of the other multiplat games for a few months now, if not mentioned at E3 2013. There wasn't a lot of actual gameplay shown either, a lot of the trailers did seem like they were made by the same animation studio. Maybe not awful but just very lackluster and bland.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    No, I am not. But I think you just did. Being excited about something involves a simple emotion....you either are, or you're not.

Understanding how it all comes together does not add anything to it.
    Ok, bro.

Right, you only see it that way is because of how you look at everything. Step out of the console war for a minute.
    Um, no. That is plainly obvious to anybody looking at things objectively.

Forum Sage
    Ok, bro.

Um, no. That is plainly obvious to anybody looking at things objectively.
    Don't mistake yourself to be the objective one here. People are dynamic. You won't get it. Oh well.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    X-x-Stallion-x-X
    Items LBP Sephiroth
    Seems interesting to me that the ones who always defend everything Microsoft does are still defending everything Microsoft does, while those that are never impressed with anything Microsoft does are still not impressed with anything Microsoft does.

Personally i saw no reason why either side would ever change their opinions. As someone pointed out earlier it felt like an incredibly safe route for them to take... unfortunately as someone that doesn't own a One, showing plenty of games i can get without owning a One doesn't make me think "Damn, i sure need to go get me one of those."

There were a number of games that were exclusive, i can't deny that, but the trouble Microsoft has is they need to now better the offering of exclusives Sony are developing and not just match them. Sunset Overdrive looked like it could be loosely compared to riding rails in Infamous. Forza is already being compared to Driveclub. While third party are continually better looking on PS4 it seems Microsoft are trying to balance it with ALOT of timed exclusive stuff.

I'm not sure thats going to be enough, at least it isn't to me.

Don't go around believing that Great Wizards solve all your problems, because there aren't any and they don't and I should know because I'm not one...

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I'm not sure I believe anything we saw was real, most of the game play demos where really really scripted. Part of me just doesn't want to accept that Assassin's Creed: Unity looks that good, so I'm not watchdogged when it finally comes out. Most of the interesting things MS showed where either multi-plats or indie games. Ubisoft seems to have taken the day for best looking games. Far Cry 4, AC: Unit, The Division, even the new Rainbow Six game are about the best things shown all day so far.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Any word on if Witcher 3 was actually being demoed on Xbox? Looked really good.
    That Xbox controller driver for PC is out, so who knows.
    Some of the games demoed looked too good for even PS4.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    That Xbox controller driver for PC is out, so who knows.
    Some of the games demoed looked too good for even PS4.
    Cough, forza, cough.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Cough, forza, cough.

Honestly who knows I just remember them showing hi end PC version on Jimmy Kimmel show one night.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information