Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

So I decided to pop in GT5 after a year or two

First, I didn't know that it wasn't offline yet lol. Was kind of happy at first until I realized it was only for another week. I was under the impression that the servers were going down for EU and not NA. oh well.

anyway, I completely forgot about how cool this game was and how much better it was than the older GT games.

It's simple, nothing fancy or flashy (other than looks) but it feels cool, realistic. You can almost feel the road under you.

The sound was the first thing I noticed, I guess it sounds better if you have a sub-woofer. Why do people complain about sound in this game? It sounded pretty real to me. My Corvette was roaring pretty loud. Although I do agree that the tire screeches sound pretty lame.

I wish I found racing games more fun. I think, instead of games like the crew or drive club, i would prefer a realistic simulator like GT in an open-world environment like the crew. i get tired of arcade racers, they usually never have enough depth with their car physics.

Why can't we have it both ways!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I've always wanted an open world realistic driving simulator. I hated going from GT5 with my Logitech G25 to GTA:IV. A few times I tried the wheel and though it worked somewhat well, it was nowhere near the level you'd get in GT5 and I always missed not being able to manually shift. I miss taking something like a Mustang around the Nurburgring, I always liked to imagine I was on some country backroad (I'd love it if the game had just open world tracks like the areas around Fredericksburg).

I'm really surprised there hasn't been a game collaboration between the the NFS people and either the Forza or GT team. If exclusive, that could be a system seller for me and would be one of the first NFS games I've bought in quite a while.

3. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer

lol see i knew i wasn't crazy. honestly i always thought that GT5 was going to be open-world...but i was also a nubbycakes back then.

i thought the PS3 was powerful enough to do that...you know, since PS2 had only 36MB RAM and PS3 had 512MB RAM (way faster too)...

but anyway, now it's definitely possible and i think "someone" should do it...though i'd prefer it to be PD.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I'm not sure if it's so much system specs, rather than developers/publishers not thinking enough people will buy the game to make it worth their efforts. There does seem to be an influx of realistic driving simulators, though, so maybe that along with systems being more powerful will help increase the possibility of it happening.

Agree about PD doing it. I played Forza 3 before GT5 and was much more pleased all around with how GT5 was.

Forum Overseer

yeah, it's like, i know i would enjoy a game like forza more in some ways because it sort of seems streamlined and fully featured but there's something about the GT series that is unique (something is car physics lol) and that's definitely cool to experience...even if once in a while for me.

apparently DriveClub may be like a rally game (i hope so)...that would be sweet until something more fun comes along. I like driving games but I'm not too hardcore so I don't have a wheel or anything...so i guess i want a perfect game before i really get into it.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I'm not much of a car game person myself, before GT5 the last game I bought was probably one of the older NFS games. Forza came free with the 360 and I borrowed Most Wanted and Burnout Paradise and the more enjoyable was NFS because of police chases. The main appeal is realistic driving experience, which is what drove (no pun intended) me to get GT5. I don't care about racing, I care about sitting back and getting the feeling I'm driving a certain car. Being able to add GTA style police chases to that would be crazy fun.

Oh, and taking pictures was also pretty enjoyable.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    First, I didn't know that it wasn't offline yet lol. Was kind of happy at first until I realized it was only for another week. I was under the impression that the servers were going down for EU and not NA. oh well. anyway, I completely forgot about how cool this game was and how much better it was than the older GT games. It's simple, nothing fancy or flashy (other than looks) but it feels cool, realistic. You can almost feel the road under you. The sound was the first thing I noticed, I guess it sounds better if you have a sub-woofer. Why do people complain about sound in this game? It sounded pretty real to me. My Corvette was roaring pretty loud. Although I do agree that the tire screeches sound pretty lame. I wish I found racing games more fun. I think, instead of games like the crew or drive club, i would prefer a realistic simulator like GT in an open-world environment like the crew. i get tired of arcade racers, they usually never have enough depth with their car physics. Why can't we have it both ways!
    GT5 sucked ass. Definitley the worst in the series. GT4 was the best.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    GT5 sucked ass. Definitley the worst in the series. GT4 was the best.
    now i'm mad.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The engine sounds are very synthetic, you can hear it at certain RPM speeds also VTEC doesn't kick in yo! in any Gran Turismo game I have played.

These 2 pics show the similarities between ****pit cam and the often incorecttly named "Bumper cam"

My GT5 gallery, sadly never be added to again.
    http://s524.photobucket.com/user/k33...?sort=3&page=1
    Last edited by keefy; 05-23-2014 at 19:40.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The engine sounds are very synthetic, you can hear it at certain RPM speeds also VTEC doesn't kick in yo! in any Gran Turismo game I have played.

My GT5 gallery, sadly never be added to again.
    http://s524.photobucket.com/user/k33...?sort=3&page=1
    oh i'm sure it's not the best. but i'm a casual racing fan. to me, it sounded awesome.

Supreme Veteran
    OMG you cant even say c0ckpit FFS

I still liked it though despite its flaws.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Hey.. is **** in ****pit is a swear word? Thank you PSU

What game is the racing simulator we all hoped GT5 would be? Does it exist?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Sufi! Whatup dude? Do you have Killzone Shadowfall? Just got it off gamefly for 20 last week. As for GT5, not gonna get it because the online ceasing to work... Though seriously considering GT6 if it supports playstation move controls?..(Killzone 3 FTW)

Lets play some Red Dead online soon !

Supreme Veteran
    Playstation move with a driving game? How would that work?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Playstation move with a driving game? How would that work?

Nice little attachment I picked up for 10 used. Love it with little big planet karting. Also, the Sharpshooter attachment for Killzone 3 is outstanding.

Supreme Veteran
    So there is a dedicated device, do you put a move in the middle?

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    Sufi! Whatup dude? Do you have Killzone Shadowfall? Just got it off gamefly for 20 last week. As for GT5, not gonna get it because the online ceasing to work... Though seriously considering GT6 if it supports playstation move controls?..(Killzone 3 FTW)

Lets play some Red Dead online soon !
    definitely dude. i haven't been on in a while, been pretty busy but will get on in the next week or so.

Thread Information