Dedicated Member
    Items User name style

how is this post "inflammatory"?

Original Post:
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6342350
    The game looks fantastic, and the gun mechanics look responsive, also dat lightning gun, wow.

I guarantee the microsoft astroturfers on across the internet are going to adjust their smear campaign by desperately comparing this to to the S.hite that is gears of war, because apparently gears of war is the only third person shooter ever made.

I mean it's not like uncharted or TLOU exist, Ready at Dawn also describes themselves as naughty dogs little brother, A studio that they wish to emulate, And i have to say, well they are on their way. Fantastic sneak peak
    All the best,
    PSU Forums[/QUOTE]

Can the mods explain, because it doesn't make sense why i would be reprimanded by "ps4freak" for this. If you go to neogaf or youtube comments or reddit or anywhere on the internet, This is exactly what the astroturfers are now doing. Why am i being punished for pointing this out? note i dont mention "microsoft fans" anywhere , i am talking about those paid to post negative stuff about playstation games. And this is not part of my imagination, Microsoft are known to pay for this type of viral marketing. If you delete this thread, it will confirm what has happened to this forum. money talks.
    Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

2. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's intentional off topic derailment which I told you in the pm which was announced we are cracking down on. In no way does MS "astroturfers" or gears have anything to do with The Order gameplay footage. This is just a line of multiple posts by yourself that reflect the posting habits that we announced in the state of discussions thread. Not to mention you intentionally bypassed the swear filter.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    but the infraction/whatever its called is for

This is a notice of rules violation at PSU Forums.

Rule: 1.2 Do not incite or work to cause disruption and drama. (No trolling)
    Not derailment

So I still don't get it. was i "working to cause disruption and drama"? or just telling people to prepare for the **** storm approaching all over the internet? Note i said internet, not PSU. If you go to gaf you will see 70+ page thread of exactly what i said.

My post was on topic. Even if it wasn't, where is the trolling?

There moderation team seems to be very heavy handed towards ps guys but hands off on MS guys for the same behaviour. That's fine that's your prerogative.

I'm not asking for equality because they are your special guests, and have been for almost a decade, but it is rather odd.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

5. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    infact can someone please delete my account? thanks.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Come on now mate. Thats a bit excessive...don't quit. Your better than that...

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I think it's due time to revise the rules - gives mods more authority like in this example.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    You've had warnings/infractions before, dont try and create a thread to try and callout one my colleagues cos you were in the wrong. I dont want to lose any members, but if you dont want to be here then ......well, there you go.

We are in the middle of cracking down and revising ish atm anyway

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

10. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    When the new site and forums are released we'll be fully revising everything from rules to plugins regulating the rules and many other things. While I think what you said is fine other mods don't so I guess until the new site please abide by the current rules in force.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It was an off topic statement. Who really cares if astroturfers are working their kung-fu at GAF and Youtube anyway? It doesn't affect anything other than those who can't think for themselves and believe whatever is spoon fed to them web-wide.

Unless these astroturfer's actions could possibly impact upon your gaming experience, or worse still...reduce the resolution of a PS4 game to 720-900P, I wouldn't worry about what they're up to. That will in turn lead to more focused and coherent discussion.

Commenting on strategies MS may or may not be employing to sway PR in a thread on a PS4 exclusive in the PS4 section was rightly acted upon.

Looking forward to the facelift, forum change and revision of PSU rules & polices. Good times ahead.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Just a question but if one was to post in the thread saying it was a gears of war rip off would they get an infraction to and if so why or why not?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Just a question but if one was to post in the thread saying it was a gears of war rip off would they get an infraction to and if so why or why not?
    We have a special subsection just for that kind of discussion...aka Gaming Comparisons. Going there and posting a thread with a well thought out argument is the best way to discuss that topic. Then people can discuss The Order in peace.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    We have a special subsection just for that kind of discussion...aka Gaming Comparisons. Going there and posting a thread with a well thought out argument is the best way to discuss that topic. Then people can discuss The Order in peace.
    So is that a yes in regard to his question?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    As long as it's justified sure. I could say that Uncharted is a Tomb Raider rip-off but as long as I give an example then I don't see a problem with it. Just saying it sucks or a rip-off and saying no more though is asking for flaming. But I have to say Ghost, if it's keeping in topic then you shouldn't have to make another thread, it would then be duplicating discussions which makes zero sense.

17. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    As long as it's justified sure. I could say that Uncharted is a Tomb Raider rip-off but as long as I give an example then I don't see a problem with it. Just saying it sucks or a rip-off and saying no more though is asking for flaming. But I have to say Ghost, if it's keeping in topic then you shouldn't have to make another thread, it would then be duplicating discussions which makes zero sense.
    Thankyou. Sounds good to me.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    So I still don't get it. was i "working to cause disruption and drama"? or just telling people to prepare for the **** storm approaching all over the internet? Note i said internet, not PSU. If you go to gaf you will see 70+ page thread of exactly what i said.

My post was on topic. Even if it wasn't, where is the trolling?
    That paragraph specifically came off somewhat as being bait material, which was probably what caught PS4Freak's eye in the first place. That plus bypassing the swear filter and your post history is what culminated towards the infraction. Keep in mind we can only select one reason for an infraction even there are multiple reasons for it, so don't take it by its face value.

Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    infact can someone please delete my account? thanks.
    No one wants you to leave. You bring a lot of news and discussion to the forums. But sometimes your posts come with a certain bite or jab, and that's something we're trying to crack down on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Assuming it's a genuine response? No, not at all.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    So is that a yes in regard to his question?
    No, I personally wouldn't give an infraction for that. First I would kindly ask the author of the comment to do as I stated above and make a vs thread in the vs section. Such topics are fine when they are seperated so that they can remain focused instead of some people disccusing game A as others discuss how game A rips off game B.

I once read that (and ive said this before) forums are like..or should be like digitial magazines and threads are the pages hosting something interesting to read...and discuss. What article starts on topic A and goes off on a tangent about topic B you know? Then people who want to discuss just game A can, and those who want to discuss A vs B can...and everyone wins.

If the author chose to disregard that request though and I noticed a habit of offtopic discussions then yeah, I will give out infractions. The forums should be as orderly and clean as the front page will be.

I will always give people fair warning and polite requests in order to steer their posting habits in line with what we're aiming for. I don't have an itchy trigger finger.

Edit: of course...discussions will always sway off the line now and then which is natural, that's not what I'm talking about. Just in that specific example it goes against the idea of having topical subsections if those kind of discussions pop up anywhere. Anyway, just my €0.02.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-26-2014 at 19:52.

Thread Information