Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

22 year old kills 6 people, disturbing manisfesto

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isl...ntment-n113996

It didn't work, according to Rodger's videos and the manifesto written under his name. He dropped out and re-enrolled several times and doesn't appear to have declared a major. His isolation grew ever worse as he was rejected by the women at his college and at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

"I'm 22 years old, and I'm still a virgin. I've never even kissed a girl," Rodger says in one of the videos, which he shot while sitting at the wheel of what appears to be the same BMW he is believed to have used to stalk the streets of Isla Vista on Friday night.

"I've been through college for 2 years more than that actually and I'm still a virgin. It has been very torturous," he says. "College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure. Within those years, I've had to rot in loneliness."

Declaring that life has not been "fair," he complains: "You girls have never been attracted to me. I don't know why you girls aren't attracted to me."

And then he promises: "I will punish you all for it."
    It's a pretty long article, click the link if you want to read it all.

This story is very disturbing.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Very disturbed young man. Asperberger's aside, he looks and sounds very narcissistic, and narcissists don't handle rejection well at all.

"As high school went on, he retreated deeper and deeper into the world of multiplayer online role-playing games, his favorite being World of Warcraft, which he would play for hours upon hours,"

I knew videogames would figure into it somehow.

"He would try to win the Mega Millions lottery hoping to become a multimillionaire in his own right and win the affections of a woman, any woman, who would sleep with him by the time he turned 22."

Sheesh. Just get a prostitute.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah this was on the news last night, and I couldn't really believe he had a hard time with girls other than that perhaps his personality got in the way. My wife said, he looked like he was a narcissist.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    22 and has a nice BMW, it can't be all that bad, I had a 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8 rejection.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I was cruising a bright yellow 1984 Toyota Sprinter Levin at that age. Didn't pick up chicks either.
    But yeah this kid clearly had no perspective on life. How one gets that warped I don't know.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    But yeah this kid clearly had no perspective on life. How one gets that warped I don't know.
    He suffered a lot and sometimes suffering can warp a person.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Jesus christ, I'm still a virgin, but it's not cause I hate women, it's cause I know what my flaws are and I'm trying to correct them. The way this news articles comes off is that he's a narcissist who thinks everyone should automatically like him because he's better than the alpha male douchebag. It doesn't show excerpts from his memoirs of what he thinks about himself, or why he thinks he's great. I wanna know why he thinks girls should like him.

But still, if he figured out what his problem was, or bothered to ask, he wouldn't have such resent and hate to do this.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    He suffered a lot and sometimes suffering can warp a person.
    Did he? what did he suffer? I went through college getting laid only once, and as it turns out it was ME who didn't pick up on the signals from the opposite sex.
    I understand he may have a form of Asperges, but that in itself would not make him feel that he was rejected, quite the opposite, he shouldn't have even cared.
    There was a sense of entitlement there that was not put there by any mental disorder. And it may well be societies fault in that we seem to perpetuate college/university as this time of bonking everything that moves.
    That's simply not the case, and those that did go through college like that may actually be the ones with the mental issues.
    Its more than ok not to get laid left and right, and most people eventually figure out that trying to simply "be yourself" works way better than trying to impress.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-26-2014 at 01:18.

9. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice

What the hell is it exactly with all these younger guys wanting things quickly and easily these days? I mean that is a pretty damn extreme thing to get rejected and then because of rejection you want to go and kill people and THEN off yourself for a quick way out? This ass clown needed to be taught how to be a man and have self confidence and more importantly know how to bull**** your way into a girls pants. This is just insane! what kind of weak minded people are my younger family members going to have to grow up with. I don't understand this. I also don't understand the point to about the dude driving a BMW. it sounds like a guy who may have grown up getting things easy and when he actually had to put work into some things he got upset and did a very extreme temper tantrum of deadly consequences. Like where is the backbone? Maybe that's why a lot of younger girls now days go for older guys. THey want men and not boys with boy mentalities. Im not saying you have to grab the attention of every room you walk in but you cant be a crying little *****. women don't like that. And you would be surprised to know just how many hot girls are just as insecure about themselves as guys. This is just sad and pathetic. Another weak ***** goes and kills innocent people for absolutely no good reason at all other than he was a crying little ***** and getting laid didn't come easy for him. He was driving a BMW he probably could have bought a hooker that may have made all his dreams come true. On second thought, no he probably would have fell in love with her and killed her when she rejected him.

Veteran
    Did he? what did he suffer? I went through college getting laid only once, and as it turns out it was ME who didn't pick up on the signals from the opposite sex.
    I understand he may have a form of Asperges, but that in itself would not make him feel that he was rejected, quite the opposite, he shouldn't have even cared.
    There was a sense of entitlement there that was not put there by any mental disorder. And it may well be societies fault in that we seem to perpetuate college/university as this time of bonking everything that moves.
    That's simply not the case, and those that did go through college like that may actually be the ones with the mental issues.
    Its more than ok not to get laid left and right, and most people eventually figure out that trying to simply "be yourself" works way better than trying to impress.
    He suffered from bullying from both guys and girls. In the article it says girls treated him badly and so did their "bully boyfriends". Basically what he went through is bullying and the rejection from girls he went to school with.

Also, being yourself is easier said than done, unless your real self is a jock, a frat boy, or a party girl. If you're not one of those 3, you will be "dogged" by them. The guys like to "dog" girls who won't give it up to them. I've seen it and experienced it myself.

If a person suffers enough, they don't have to have a mental disorder to get "warped" by it. Bullying, harassment, rejection, abuse, etc. can do that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    This ass clown needed to be taught how to be a man and have self confidence and more importantly know how to bull**** your way into a girls pants.
    Bullcrapping to get into a girl's pants is not being a man though nor is it important.

I will never understand why guys have to lie and plot their way to getting laid. If the girl wants a relationship, fine, find a girl who doesn't want a relationship and just wants some fun.

I hate guys who do that, they hurt the girl and make her think bad of men. Then when a real man comes along who honestly likes her and is interested in her, she won't give him a chance.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    He suffered from bullying from both guys and girls. In the article it says girls treated him badly and so did their "bully boyfriends". Basically what he went through is bullying and the rejection from girls he went to school with.

Also, being yourself is easier said than done, unless your real self is a jock, a frat boy, or a party girl. If you're not one of those 3, you will be "dogged" by them. The guys like to "dog" girls who won't give it up to them. I've seen it and experienced it myself.

If a person suffers enough, they don't have to have a mental disorder to get "warped" by it. Bullying, harassment, rejection, abuse, etc. can do that.
    It can, but its equally as easy to remove yourself from those situations. More so for someone his age.
    Its one thing to be bullied in a school environment, but at 22 and at college/university you pick your own friends, you run with people of your own way of thinking. This does not sound like someone who wanted to remove himself from those situations, it sounds like he wanted to become one of them, or was infatuated with a particular set of people. It also sounded from what Ive heard that he did have friends concerned for him.
    It understandable to want to be part of a group, but life is really about making sure you are happy with yourself first, and then finding friends who make you feel happy about being yourself as well.
    This doesn't sound like he ever found either of those, or chose to ignore them.

And totally agree about the lying thing, as I said above those that did get laid left and right at college..may well be the ones with the issues.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-26-2014 at 01:43.

14. Likes Admartian , The Black Wolf likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    gone are the days when sad pathetic looser simply blow their heads off, now they feel that they have to take as many people with them in one last act of depraved amoral douchebagery, then write some word bout how lonely and how the world is against them, it makes me sick how pathetically selfish they are.

****ers.

16. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    When you don't value life you simply don't value life. And if you've never found someone to be your friend, or run with the wrong friends that make you feel bad about yourself, destructive behavior occurs.

Forum Sage

Meh. The guy had it better than I did at his age. I understand that bullies and social climbers sometimes need to be dealt with on a permanent basis but to do a drive-by shooting is a bit... excessive.

I think it's pretty sad how important "getting laid" and not being a virgin becomes, when you're that age. I remember that time of life, and I suffered from the same delusion.

Fortunately, I had an older female friend who let me in on a secret -- it's not that big a deal. It's not proof that you're a real man. It's not a transcendent experience. It doesn't make you a better person somehow. It's enjoyable, but it's not that big a deal. I found out she was right.

It's pretty ridiculous, the amount of emphasis we place on this. I think our culture (especially young, adolescent male culture) is pretty stupid about this. As you get older, you'll see. Sex becomes much easier to get and not a big deal.

Looking back, all of this seems like a ridiculous, adolescent delusion, judging your worth by whether you are a virgin or whether women like you enough to have sex with you. It's really very, very deluded. It's a shame that this guy was so deep into this kind of thinking that he killed people over it.

20. Likes MonkeyClaw, The Black Wolf likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's really disturbing that someone didn't try and intervene, get him some help, etc., since he posted videos, and many warnings what he was about to do.

22. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's really disturbing that someone didn't try and intervene, get him some help, etc., since he posted videos, and many warnings what he was about to do.
    The police did look into him a few weeks beforehand.

Apprentice

I didn't say every girl. Obviously if you go to a bar the chances of finding a girl that is going to marry you are a little slimmer than just hooking up. I never said lie, I said bull****. Like as in when your with a group of guys and you just hang around and bull****. ANd yes it is important, because that social interaction is good at being able to spot a girl that is more than likely just wanting to hook up as opposed to one that wants a relationship, and if you can pick up signals that she just want you to buy her drinks or if she is really interested in you. And even better just finding a really interesting person that you can have an interesting conversation with. Lets face it if you are that hard up to get laid at a bar you just have to stay closer to closing time.

Chances are a girl who is attracted to guys that lie to them and stuff isn't going to be attracted to you. Or a real man. I've had my share, but find that the girl I am into is into D-bags. So trying to talk to them and console them isn't what they are looking for. Some of them don't want a sensitive guy that wants to talk about feelings, It doesn't get anybody anywhere. she has to find out for herself what is more important, Guys that play mind games and keep them on edge but can bang em good. Or a ''nice guy'' Sometimes those girls find out too late in life. That's what I tell some girls that come crying about the assholes they date, and Im like its you, it isn't him. You are attracted to D bags and probably always will be. And truth be told there are a lot of messed up chicks as well as guys too so, -comparing apples to apples.

Bullcrapping to get into a girl's pants is not being a man though nor is it important.

I will never understand why guys have to lie and plot their way to getting laid. If the girl wants a relationship, fine, find a girl who doesn't want a relationship and just wants some fun.

I hate guys who do that, they hurt the girl and make her think bad of men. Then when a real man comes along who honestly likes her and is interested in her, she won't give him a chance.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    I didn't say every girl. Obviously if you go to a bar the chances of finding a girl that is going to marry you are a little slimmer than just hooking up. I never said lie, I said bull****. Like as in when your with a group of guys and you just hang around and bull****. ANd yes it is important, because that social interaction is good at being able to spot a girl that is more than likely just wanting to hook up as opposed to one that wants a relationship, and if you can pick up signals that she just want you to buy her drinks or if she is really interested in you. And even better just finding a really interesting person that you can have an interesting conversation with. Lets face it if you are that hard up to get laid at a bar you just have to stay closer to closing time.

Chances are a girl who is attracted to guys that lie to them and stuff isn't going to be attracted to you. Or a real man. I've had my share, but find that the girl I am into is into D-bags. So trying to talk to them and console them isn't what they are looking for. Some of them don't want a sensitive guy that wants to talk about feelings, It doesn't get anybody anywhere. she has to find out for herself what is more important, Guys that play mind games and keep them on edge but can bang em good. Or a ''nice guy'' Sometimes those girls find out too late in life. That's what I tell some girls that come crying about the assholes they date, and Im like its you, it isn't him. You are attracted to D bags and probably always will be. And truth be told there are a lot of messed up chicks as well as guys too so, -comparing apples to apples.
    I'm sorry for putting words in your mouth, please don't be mad or feel negative. I didn't mean it as a personal attack or anything.

Yes, there are some bad girls out there and there are a number of them that are beyond "bad", borderline evil maybe.

I agree with a lot of what you posted, a lot of it. As a christian, I wish the world were more christian and God fearing. This is just my christian perspective, but if people followed what the the bible teaches, things would be better. The Bible states no sex before marriage. If these young people got married and then had sex, not only would there be less heart break but there would be less kids raised by 1 parent. There would be no need for mind games.

Bible or not, the world needs more love right now. Why didn't this guy's parents know about this? Where was his family looking out from him and being there to inform him that all girls DO NOT hate him? If he had a strong family unit behind him, I do not think this would have happened.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Im worse off than him and i didnt and will never kill anyone. Sounds like a spoiled rich kid who cant stand not getting his way.

Apprentice

Not mad bro. contrary to popular belief there are people out there such as myself that don't take the internet or websites very seriously as I come from a time when none of this stuff was around. I do however agree whole heartedly about what you said about God. People need to be more God fearing. I was a kid when columbine happened. When that happened it was like one of the first things anybody had ever heard of and no body even then could fathom it. But I don't feel sorry for this D bag ass clown and I don't feel like he suffered at all. His mannerisms and how he caries himself makes me believe he could be high but he just acts like a pompous ass hat in the video im going to post a link. As it turns out its looking more like he was just a spoiled kid as his dad was a director for the hunger games.

I'm sorry for putting words in your mouth, please don't be mad or feel negative. I didn't mean it as a personal attack or anything.

Yes, there are some bad girls out there and there are a number of them that are beyond "bad", borderline evil maybe.

I agree with a lot of what you posted, a lot of it. As a christian, I wish the world were more christian and God fearing. This is just my christian perspective, but if people followed what the the bible teaches, things would be better. The Bible states no sex before marriage. If these young people got married and then had sex, not only would there be less heart break but there would be less kids raised by 1 parent. There would be no need for mind games.

Bible or not, the world needs more love right now. Why didn't this guy's parents know about this? Where was his family looking out from him and being there to inform him that all girls DO NOT hate him? If he had a strong family unit behind him, I do not think this would have happened.

Apprentice

Link to this slug and his departing words.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...lling-six.html

Apprentice

Damn watching that vid just enrages me. The punk killed innocent people just for simply following lives cycle. Well "a perfect gentleman" wouldn't kill people that didn't like him/her. Boo Hoo she didn't like me Im going to make them suffer. This seriously sounds like something of a movie. The way he speaks and acts. I'd swear he was auditioning to be a bond villain's son. This is complete insanity. And I cant blame the cops that tried talking to him to see if he was ok. It's not their fault. Firstly, there are legal issues that they have to abide by, it doesn't fall on them. It's something the parents should of been there to deal with. Maybe part of his loneliness was attributed to his parents not being there? ( I can only speculate on that though) Or the kid was just arrogant and maybe to the point that he drove women away by being a self described perfect gentleman. I'm just getting sick of these cry babies taking things to the extreme for their self pity. It used to be said, "Where there is a WILL, there is a way." Now you got to find a kid these days to know what WILL even is, little alone how to use it the right way. SHEESh!!!!!

Friendship is Carrots
    There's a painful disconnection with nearly every other person in life when you have Aspergers. No one understands the way you think and act, and it really takes its toll on your mind at times. People with autism often yearn for someone that can actually understand them. Making friends is hard; finding a special someone is 10x more difficult. Frustration with oneself and humanity as a whole is a normal feeling, and it's difficult to overcome and rationalize the situation. Yes, it did bother him.

(Obviously he's still a psycho murderer who killed for his own egocentric fulfillment)
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Thread Information