Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Well, I just put in a couple of hours of gameplay. Very early impression. It is a good game. It is not a great game. I'm hoping as I expand the skill tree things will become more interesting. The story isn't exactly gripping so far. The characters are interesting and that bodes well. I'm not fussed over the graphics. It isn't Infamous, but it isn't horrible.

Speaking of Infamous. This game's metacritic score is higher. lol. I know it is early, but Watch Dogs has a long way to go to be on the same level as Infamous. My $60 sitting in the cash register at gamestop sure hopes it is.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I actually think I'm going to like this game very much.

The first time I caused the person I was in a car chase with to crash due to hacking the traffic lights....was awesome.

I like the stealth too. The insight to ppl lives gives you a moral choice that isn't reflected by a "good/bad meter". If you have to get passed a bunch of armed guards...some might be a normal wife and 2 kids guy....others might be a child molester. You choose to either to let the guy live and just take him out with your club thing....or shoot the guy in the head from around the corner.

It creates a dynamic that presents a difficulty. It's a lot harder to get up to someone and knock them out then it is to shoot them from 20ft away with a silencer.

But if you're a good person...you're going to go that extra mile so that you don't just kill some guy on his 9-5 job that has 2 kids and a wife.

I like the game so far.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Starting to enjoy the game a little more. The graphics look like they did at E3 when you play on the Vita lol.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Enjoying it so far, only done acouple of missions but been steadily driving round exploring, messing around with the hacks and upgrading afew bits on the skills tree.
    Best bit for me is the stealth, taking out a bunch if guards at a complex purely through hacks/distractions and explosions is awesome, nice to take a step back and plan your attacks rather than going all guns blazing and methodically taking the enemy down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Justin likes this post
    Apprentice
    Still borderline with this game..have only played a couple hours but im starting to be dissapointed sadly..hacking is cool and all but gets rather boring after you profile people enough and change the lights and all that stuff enough...really hoping it changes my mind the more i play and unlock things but really not feeling this game as much as id hope

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    3 hours in "roughly" and the game is good but not GREAT at this point. Still early on to say with full confidence. The characters are quite bland for me, and nothing has happened yet to truly pull me into the characters to the point I want to learn more about them. I have yet to find that connection with them. The graphics for the game are below my expectations, but I am a firm believer that graphics do not make a great game. The fact this game was released for last gen consoles as well as current gen may play a role in this. I just find it a tad disappointing that I am not seeing current gen visuals in a game I waited so long for.

The character tree is quite interesting, and there are a few abilities contained within that have peaked my interest and I am eager to unlock them. I am hoping they can add a lot of intrigue into the game for me as I advance through it more. Given the level of things you can do this game will easily keep me occupied for a long time, but at the 3 hour mark I am a bit disappointed with the final result of a game I had such high hopes on. As I progress more I will update my impressions.

8 years and counting!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Curious anyone having problems recording footage of this game? When I try to save my last 15 minutes it wont do it and the only way it records is when I manually start recording and then play.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    3 hours in "roughly" and the game is good but not GREAT at this point. Still early on to say with full confidence. The characters are quite bland for me, and nothing has happened yet to truly pull me into the characters to the point I want to learn more about them. I have yet to find that connection with them. The graphics for the game are below my expectations, but I am a firm believer that graphics do not make a great game. The fact this game was released for last gen consoles as well as current gen may play a role in this. I just find it a tad disappointing that I am not seeing current gen visuals in a game I waited so long for. The character tree is quite interesting, and there are a few abilities contained within that have peaked my interest and I am eager to unlock them. I am hoping they can add a lot of intrigue into the game for me as I advance through it more. Given the level of things you can do this game will easily keep me occupied for a long time, but at the 3 hour mark I am a bit disappointed with the final result of a game I had such high hopes on. As I progress more I will update my impressions.
    The game looks fairly pretty at night (for a cross gen game ) but in the day it looks like a higher resolution GTA 5 on PS3. And yeah the characters are very bland and so I dont care about them in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    The game looks fairly pretty at night (for a cross gen game ) but in the day it looks like a higher resolution GTA 5 on PS3. And yeah the characters are very bland and so I dont care about them in the story.
    The graphics and city style do really resemble GTA 5. I think they picked up a lot of great ideas from the games that came out in the last two years.
    Watch my PS4 Lets Plays! www.youtube.com/skilledjerk

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    So far Watch Dogs has been amazing. This is what the next gen is all about.
    can only but agree with you.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Loved the mini-game I tried, Alone. Started it up and spend I don't know how long with it completing it. Trying to force myself to get back to the story (I think third or fourth mission) instead of doing side stuff (though as I type this my game is on pause while I'm waiting just outside a crime circle).

Apprentice

I'm digging it so far. Haven't had any huge issues technically. The game play is fun and just tripping around the city listening to conversations and trying my hand at a few hacks and such has been intriguing, especially some of the stories unfolding as you listen to phone conversatiosn and things. I'm getting used to the driving, its good once you warm up to it. Not the best driving of any game but the game isn't a driving game per se, so I find it good enough and fun in the right circumstances. I haven't even touched multiplayer yet but I'm all over the solo play.

Apprentice

I'm completely blown away by what I can do with the hacking.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The game is getting better for me. The detail they put in the city is so amazing. I am from Chicago, and I was able to navigate the city pretty well just by looking at the buildings and such. So amazing.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    The game is getting better for me. The detail they put in the city is so amazing. I am from Chicago, and I was able to navigate the city pretty well just by looking at the buildings and such. So amazing.
    It sounds fun to play a game set where you live. It's neat that you can navigate using your own experience living there. Very cool.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm all for pretty graphics but they are not the end all be all for me. Especially considering it's a cross gen title. I hopefully don't see many cross gen titles wowing in the graphics department simply because they are crunched from the start.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Very disappointed with the graphics to be honest. Then again it's my own fault for expecting it to look like the E3 2012 gameplay video.

The game was a bit underwhelming at first but it picks up after a few missions and unlocks. It's quite beefed up with content which is good.

I think the game is really good. Graphics are underwhelming compared to original trailers, but far from terrible. I'm enjoying the game and very happy with the purchase. I think they should've focused solely on new gen, and think that may have been the angle they were going until they received such amazing feedback over the last two years.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesHead View Post
    It sounds fun to play a game set where you live. It's neat that you can navigate using your own experience living there. Very cool.
    I'm from Alabama and when L4D2 came out...I was like...I SEE MY HOUSE!!!

I'm cereal.

Master Guru
    If i was going to compare Watch Dogs to other games i'd say obviously it has a GTA/Infamous vibe being open world but i'm also getting a Heavy Rain vibe atmosphere wise only there's actual real gameplay in this game. Overall i'm loving it.

It started off a little slow but quickly you see what the game is all about and it's awesome. Aiden is a great main character. The gameplay is very solid. The story is interesting. I don't know what more you could want out of a game like this.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Just finished the 10 races required for the trophy. Went 8-2 and most of the time nobody but the second place person finished in time, with a few times nobody finishing before the 30 seconds was up. I think it paid off that I've been doing a lot of driving. Now to try out the tailing (which I expect to be horrible at).

Elite Member
    Anyone else dislike the driving mechanics? I feel the steering is delayed. Most cars peel out and wheel hop when you first press the gas which is really annoying. When you are in a high end sports cars and are being chased by a slower car they can easily keep up with you. I understand they are trying to balance the game but it's just strange.

My other grips is the camera. When you are making turns in a vehicle the camera veers off. Or if you are trying to take off but the car is peeling out and slides sideways, the camera veers off again requiring it to be manually adjusted. Overall it's a good game and a lot of fun, but it has it's griped. 8/10 for me so far.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by bru_sek View Post
    It's completely living up to my expectations. The graphics are probably a half-notch below what I was expecting, but the gameplay and the depth of the open world and all the awesome things I'm able to do in the game are totally blowing my mind. I'm appalled by the low Metacritic user scores and Reddit commentary. I don't understand some other gamers, I guess.
    That's how I felt about Driv3r when the critics came out against that title. Appalled is a good word for it, I was having some of the most fun in any video game and here we have a bunch of purists and morons coming out saying nothing about the insane physics and lightning for a PS2 title, remarkable detail in the cities, damage paneling, etc. but just focusing on the glitches which open world games have more of and calling it a GTA clone.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Boy, I sure hope not. lol
    I agree, this is in relation to the comment that this is what "next gen is all about". If that's the case, that would be very, very pathetic.

Is anyone on the board playing WD on a PS3? What is it like on there?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    I like it so far. Still getting the feeling of the controls. Took a boat for a joyride and the water looked amazing. Very little time in game, but to me the graphics are solid and running around the city is cool. Maybe an 8 out of 10 early.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    Just finished Act 1. Watch Dogs is awesome. That's all there is to say. If you don't like it that's on you.

Thread Information