Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

Watch Dogs: first Impressions [PS4 gameplay]

Quote Originally Posted by Jackfrags
    Most disappointing bit of news is the car models. The reduced lighting model was to be expected, lighting is very GPU intensive...geometry calculation, shadows, shaders etc. etc. But the car damage model looked slick all those moons ago, kinda disappointed to hear that the damage model has been reduced.

Anyways, still sounds like an excellent game!

Stealthing it up would be my port of call
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Most disappointing bit of news is the car models. The reduced lighting model was to be expected, lighting is very GPU intensive...geometry calculation, shadows, shaders etc. etc. But the car damage model looked slick all those moons ago, kinda disappointed to hear that the damage model has been reduced.

Anyways, still sounds like an excellent game!

Stealthing it up would be my port of call
    Stealth is the superior way to do anything. Car damage models aside, game's looking slick.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Stealth is the superior way to do anything. Car damage models aside, game's looking slick.

Sent from my GT-I9000
    indeed! any rambo with a gun can get the job done

But i like to do it in style!

Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Car damage model, physics and smoke/explosion took some measure hits

Stealth for me as well

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Shame about the damage model but still can't wait to play this game come tomorrow
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

PSU Live Streamer
    mini rant incoming

I watched a ton of stream footage over the weekend on this game. It's not perfect, but it's a great looking game. Sacrifices were made in some areas to help others. I watched ps4 gameplay, medium pc setting gameplay and ultra pc setting gameplay. Definitely noticeable differences, especially between the 2 PC examples...night and day.

But man the comments section of every single video I watched was ridiculous. Nitpick this, nitpick that. This isn't perfect. That is subpar. GTA clone. blah blah blah.

If you like GTA and you accept the hacking premise. I see no reason why you shouldn't want to try this game. Cast aside whatever concerns you may or may not have about the 'visual downgrade from 2012'. Understand what this game brings to the table. Decide if what it brings is something you'd enjoy. I honestly don't know why people that enjoy the GTA titles, wouldn't want to play this game.

anyway rant off lol.
    Last edited by shepard; 05-26-2014 at 16:38.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Even it is a GTA clone, I never understand the rants over this game. RD:R was a GTA clone to the bone and it was amazing, and better than the GTA IV. I can't wait for tomorrow too, this game looks amazing. My only fear it being short than I expected.

HTC One X cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Even it is a GTA clone, I never understand the rants over this game. RD:R was a GTA clone to the bone and it was amazing, and better than the GTA IV. I can't wait for tomorrow too, this game looks amazing. My only fear it being short than I expected.

HTC One X cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    Hate to nitpick but Rockstar have said that RDR took place within the GTA universe so you can't really call it a clone..

Apprentice

this game doesn't appeal to me at all ill stick with gta 5

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I cant help but be reminded of Splinter cell.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quick Impressions from me:

* Graphics really isn't impressive at all, very very disappointing. faces looks last gen.
    *The main character's voice is very annoying.
    *Stealth looks like the game's strongest point, which i like. there are so many ways to infiltrate enemy territory and it's up to you to use your own strategy by combining hacking elements with crafted items ( heavy Splinter Cell influence here ).
    *Driving is neither impressive or awful, it's just suitable for a game that is not built upon it.
    *City doesn't seem that big.
    *Shooting mechanic, movement and camera position again heavily influenced by Splinter Cell. This whole game seems like an open-world Splinter Cell rather thn Assassin's Creed, hence the modern day time. And it's also not similar to GTA. it has it's own identity.
    *Seems like you can't upgrade your current weapon which is disappointing.

i only played for like 1.5 hours completed 5 missions. More to follow...

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Quick Impressions from me: * Graphics really isn't impressive at all, very very disappointing. faces looks last gen. *The main character's voice is very annoying. *Stealth looks like the game's strongest point, which i like. there are so many ways to infiltrate enemy territory and it's up to you to use your own strategy by combining hacking elements with crafted items ( heavy Splinter Cell influence here ). *Driving is neither impressive or awful, it's just suitable for a game that is not built upon it. *City doesn't seem that big. *Shooting mechanic, movement and camera position again heavily influenced by Splinter Cell. This whole game seems like an open-world Splinter Cell rather thn Assassin's Creed, hence the modern day time. And it's also not similar to GTA. it has it's own identity. *Seems like you can't upgrade your current weapon which is disappointing. i only played for like 1.5 hours completed 5 missions. More to follow...
    I watched some streams and the graphics did look underwhelming.

Veteran
    You have to acknowledge the way GTA plays is like its own genre and all these other open worlds like Mafia and many others have been GTA clones. In fact, when open worlds are done differently like Skyrim or Fallout, then they stand out. It does look like Watch Dogs plays a lot like GTA, the jacking and driving. The smart phone hacking is new and only following what is happening on the street. Far Cry 3 kind of went GTA clone and that didn't really grab me. The quests start out new but then they get really repetitive.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    so many differing opinions!!! so pissed i forgot to cancel my amazon pre order!!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member
    The comment "GTA Clone" really annoys me with regards to this type of open world game, it's like saying every FPS is a Wolfenstein 3D clone, or every beat 'em up a Yie Ar Kung Fu clone!

I've got this pre-ordered for PS4, but I had a quick go on a "borrowed" PC version which I played on high settings at 1080p with a 360 pad.

The only thing I found myself not really liking was the driving, it just didn't feel right, but that might be because I'm so used to GTAV driving which I like a lot.

I can see myself spending a fair chunk of time playing this!

Apprentice
    They do look underwhelming but who cares at this point? either your goona buy the game or not...i dont like the splinter cell comparisons though, never got into those games..much better with it being a GTA clone with hacking

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    They do look underwhelming but who cares at this point? either your goona buy the game or not...i dont like the splinter cell comparisons though, never got into those games..much better with it being a GTA clone with hacking
    Wow. No need to be so defensive about it. It was just an observation.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Wow. No need to be so defensive about it. It was just an observation.
    Lol i wasnt being defensive about anything..loads of people have complained about it...just making an observation...i dont care either way..either you buy the game or not..i just hope i enjoy it lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    Lol i wasnt being defensive about anything..loads of people have complained about it...just making an observation...i dont care either way..either you buy the game or not..i just hope i enjoy it lol
    Sounded to me like you were. Anyway no big deal. I hope you enjoy it too. Hell, I hope I enoy it as well since I'm renting it tomorrow. lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The graphics do look disappointing and nothing like the trailers and "gameplay footage" we saw in recent months.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The graphics do look disappointing and nothing like the trailers and "gameplay footage" we saw in recent months.
    Seems to depend on time of day or weather. Bright sunny days on the ps4 version of WD appear bland. Then switch to rainy nighttime and it looks quite impressive.

Just play at night lol

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Ubi titles usually go on sale fast. I'll wait until it's 30 or less before I buy this game.

You cannot base graphics off of a stream whether it be twitch or YouTube. Streaming video is a condensed, uploaded video that has no where near the same graphical presence as the actual gameplay. Plus, it's quite possibly like assassin's creed where it was disappointing until they released updates.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I'm not going to get worked up about the graphics. Look good, but not great. Gameplay looks awesome though. Really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow.

Just pre-bought mine. Actually traded in my old defective 360 for it at gamestop. Even trade. Pretty fair, imo. Taking my sons to pick it up at midnight tonight so they can play tomorrow while I'm at work. But when I get home.....it is all mine!
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice

Well I bought this game last summer, so I'm stuck with it regardless, I will find out tomorrow after work. I also lowered my expectations in the graphics department after the real gameplay videos were released. If the gameplay holds up then it'll be worth it, because I lost the buzz for this game awhile ago.

After watching the video above, it does suck that the action route appears to be so easy in the game. You'd think in a game that features hacking as the core mechanic would make the direct approach harder for the player.
    Last edited by atomicnuke; 05-26-2014 at 21:29.

Thread Information