View Poll Results: What do you rate Watch Dogs?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll

1 2.63%

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.63%

0 0%

2 5.26%

10 26.32%

12 31.58%

9 23.68%

3 7.89%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

PSU Community Watch Dogs rating

I very much enjoy this communities feedback. What do you rate this new title? Feel free to comment below.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good idea man. I'm not getting my copy until the weekend but I will definitely post my opinions.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Ran around with it for about 30 mins at a mates...initial impressions would put it in the high 8's for me. Its a fun enough game, story could push it higher, or lower, but i haven't had much hands-on with it
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Theres enough of a difference with the hacking on the fly to seperate if from a "GTA clone".

Some of the voice acting...like the main character is a little off. It's sorta like Solid Snake only with more of a somber tone. It's somewhat annoying...but I'll get used to it.

As for gameplay, like I said...chasing a guy in a car only to change the traffic lights up ahead and have him cause a 3 car accident that allows me to get out and take him down.....is pretty friggin awesome. That stuff is available with foot chases too....you can blow up vents and electrical equipment to knock the person you are chasing down.

The driving...some might not like it....but I do. It's not cookie cutter easy mode like GTA V.

Also, during stealth missions....which seem to be many...you can scan who the ppl you are about to attack are. So if they're a normal guy you might want to just knock him out....which makes for more of a challenge. If he's a child molester...then you can just shoot him in the head from the corner.

It presents a morality feature that also in itself present a higher challenge.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    Really on the fence...I've only spent about 5-6 hours playing so far. I love that the game allows you to hack people for money and music and since I can't stand how the driving experience is in the game have found myself walking/sprinting around the map. I feel like you actually have more opportunity to become acquainted with the map and whatnot on foot.

I will say that it really is very similar to the GTA games..but I guess it's hard to not have that comparison when they are both open urban-world games.

Hopefully, playing more and feeling more familiar with the city will draw me in more.

"Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Just started out playing it tonight. I was very hesitant to even get the game. I had it pre-ordered a while ago, but I thought about not even getting it. I was not happy about the downgrade since the 2012 reveal, and honestly a lot of the previews I have seen on it didnt really look too great. I decided to get it anyways though, and so far I'm having fun. I wont give a score yet, but I am happy I got it. The game is fun for the most part, although the driving is kind of not that great. We'll see how the rest of the game goes and hopefully the story is a good one.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I've spent a couple hours with the game and so far have mostly hacked people, hacked my surroundings, completed fixer missions and random crimes as well as checking in to hot spots (65 of 100).

Pros:
    +Neighborhoods and different locations around the city have a unique feel to them and are diverse.
    +Playstyle choices. You don't have to kill people and you don't have to be stealthy. Being chased by bad guys from the mission you just completed? You don't need to kill every one of them.
    +A world you want to explore. I don't feel like I should be stuck driving around only get on foot and look around to find some hidden package of drugs or alien artifact. You're given music on the go when you're on foot and not only are places different as I said above, but you're given the ability to listen in on conversations, read the bios of any NPC, find recipes or parts for crafting items, discover crimes in progress or find network connections to hack.
    +Sticking with the theme of being on foot, it doesn't feel clunky to run around exploring or chasing someone. I'm really not into parkour, but with this game I realized how much I would like this type of character movement in the GTA games.
    +Police are done well. If you're in their line of sight they don't automatically recognize you. Your only choice also isn't to simply kill them or outrun them. You can hide and as I said, they won't immediately know it's you if you're hiding in a vehicle. There are also other methods of them finding you such as the ctOS scan, where I believe they hone in on your phone signal. I admittedly still have some stuff to experience with cops, but I've heard if you hide on foot in an area they will set up a perimeter and you must escape that area, they won't just simply leave. Not to mention, if you shoot someone on the street and your seen, police will be called by a pedestrian, which you can interrupt, instead of being alerted through instant telepathy or whatever method is used. I assume this also means you can kill someone in an alley and get away with it.
    +Notoriety. I like being rewarded for being a good citizen and disliked if I'm bad. Doing good deeds in GTA:V did nothing for you but cost you money.

Cons:
    -Money is too easy. Maybe there is more I'm missing, but I don't know what I'm going to spend my tons of money on. With just the first ATM Hack Boost, I find myself averaging around $1,000 per person (some are $400 but others will be $5,000+). I have $140,000 right now and the only thing I want to buy is outfits, which I believe I can already purchase them all. Will more stuff make me want to spend money?
    -Vehicle and environmental damage. Your car is a beast and can drive through way too many things. Benches, power/telephone poles, chain link and iron bar fences and pretty much other vehicles do almost nothing to stop your vehicle from moving along.
    -Sounds. While there are some good aspects, there are some annoyances. Why does honking sound like I'm walking into a corner market? Why do my tires squeal on the grass? I also can't quite put my finger on the sound the game makes when you crash into some objects. They have what sounds like the parking break being pulled when you stop a vehicle and the nice distant sounds of a motorcycle, but miss the big ones.
    -Music soundtrack. It is saved only by Kid Cudi, but that's only one positive in a very, very long list of negatives. You can at least edit the playlist so you can only play the few songs you'll enjoy.
    -Vehicle handling. I'm not sure if it's just bad or it's something I will eventually grow to be okay with. I didn't like the driving of GTA:IV or V when I first experienced them. As for now, though, it's not something I'm enjoying. I definitely believe they focused mostly on the player being on foot.
    -Map size. This is low on the cons list because as I said, I do end up being on foot more than in vehicle so I don't feel the need for a gigantic map, but it would be nicer to have more. Also even though it is smaller than GTA:V, I think the map space it better utilized.

That's what I have so far. I give it at least an 8. There are some negatives but ultimately they aren't that bad. Though the comparison to GTA is easy to make (open world, there are vehicles), I feel like it's how Far Cry 3 was called Skyrim with guns. In some aspects they are the same, but I don't believe Ubisoft intended the game to be anything like GTA. The main focus is hacking, yet many negative user reviews on places mention disliking the hacking aspect of the game, as though they believed the game was going to be a GTA clone with hacking tacked on as some gimmick. I feel like it's the brainchild of the people who developed the Splinter Cell Conviction concept.

EDIT: One more additional pro and con.

+Hacking puzzles. I've completed two ctOS hacking locations and I can't get over how enjoyable it is to cause a distraction that allows you to manipulate people wearing cameras in order to find your objective. Plus once you've done that, intruding the network itself is a puzzle. Some allow all the time you need while others put you under pressure.
    -Bugs. While I have only encountered 2-3 of these, you can tell they're an issue when looking around elsewhere. I've had an enemy lose me in chase because they glitched up a wall and I had to run 1 1/2 blocks out of the way to find a way up. I at least haven't seen them glitching out while trying to hop over objects like I did in pre-patch streams.
    Last edited by ttech10; 05-28-2014 at 19:52.

8. Likes Justin , Sryche22 likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Great idea, I will also be picking up my copy at the weekend so will post my vote once I have had a play
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

PSU Live Streamer
    I'll give my initial impressions. A review will come much later when I finish with the game.

So I'm playing the PC copy, so take from this what you will. While there was nothing but people complaining about the uplay service preventing them from playing the game while I was at work...by the time I got home I had zero connectivity issues. Couple graphical issues that I resolved. There were a few moments where a vehicle or a pedestrian vanished right before my eyes. Or an AI would get stuck in the environment. Then there was one moment on my way to my hideout there was a bight multicolored light in the middle of a parking lot. Roll all that up and it maybe amounted to 3mins of my 5hrs of gameplay.

I'm enjoying the open world, a lot. More so than I did GTAV. In GTAV I found while going from point A to point B doing story, I would barely notice any of the random events happening near by. Flying down the street at 80 clicks I'm not noticing the tiny red dot appear on the mini map trying to tell me something happened at random. In this game it pops up on the screen that a crime is being committed or a gang house needs to me taken down or a fixer contract is available. And when I press a button I immediately get a waypoint to that location. Boom done, I don't miss it.

Hacking. It's a super simple mechanic that goes a long way to change the feeling of this game from being just another GTA. Causing mayhem in the streets of Chicago is a blast. Messing with AI is a blast. The hacking also makes it easy to inject puzzle mechanics into the world to break up the gameplay and change it up.

Driving. SUCKS! ......in the missions. Otherwise I don't have a problem with it. When I first started playing the game I was right there with everyone saying the driving is balls. But once I broke out of the story/quest missions that designated what car you were driving and started driving other vehicles, I had no issue. But those story mission cars that the game forces you to drive from time to time are horrible. Get out in the world, find yourself a muscle car and enjoy yourself. I even found a lambo and it handled like a dream. It's these smaller sports cars that handle like you are driving on ice. Evading cops in a high speed chase is way more fun when you find the vehicle that handles how you like. They are all different.

The multiplayer has been a real surprise to me. I had so much fun last night playing the multiplayer in this game....wow. The hacking 1v1 game was SO fun. Highly recommend this mode, but I've already started a post specifically on it, so I won't talk about it much more here.

In the end. Give the game a shot. Don't just listen to all the hate.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    For me it's a 7, it's a great game with lots to do to keep you interested but it's not amazing so to speak! Definitely a game worth playing though and one I would recommend!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Game is good but far from great. A good rental or worth buying when its around 30 bucks.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I gave it 9 without reading the things you guys summarised, after reading , for me it is a clear 8, yea, It may not be so great but I never find myself get bored or distracted in chicago, I love the story, I like the enviroment and gameplay, graphics are not an Infamous level but better than ok for sure. The only big minus is Aiden being a lame guy, he basicly has no interesting side.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I only played for an hour but I had a lot of fun with it. But driving mechanics kind of suck.

Apprentice
    We need more votes on there.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayzoo5 View Post

No doubt.

I made a thread just like this for inFamous SS. It did much better than this . Should the lack of votes on this thread speak wonders of Watchdogs?

I personally without playing it would have put it about a 7.2. Now, that's shady of me to say that given the fact that I haven't played it. I didn't vote either. But I've been around the gaming block for a long time.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I didn't vote yet because I haven't gotten enough time to render a proper score. Might be the same for others.

PSU Writer
    PSN ID
    Like4ONinjaz
    I'm loving this game so far. It's one of my favorite new franchises and I'm actually looking forward to Ubisoft milking this game lol. I usually ignore annual games (besides sports games) but Watch Dogs is looking a like series I will be really into.
    Last edited by Miller1121; 06-02-2014 at 05:37.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayzoo5 View Post
    I finally voted, I was wanting to put a fair amount of time into the game before voting as doing so too early so it wasn't just based on first impressions. Most of my points still stand from my last post, however, there are some that have changed.

Environmental damage was kind of a con, but I've grown to enjoy it and came to the realization that it's better because of it. I really like blowing through fences and light posts while pulling the brake and losing police or other enemies.

Vehicle handling has also grown on me, but like I said originally, I wasn't exactly sure on calling it a negative so early on. I'm now adept at it and don't really have any complaints.

I have also not really encountered many bugs past the few I did when I wrote the previous post. I can remember one that happened recently, there was a truck that was spawned in a parking space and the back end was clipped through a fence. When I entered the truck it forced me out and it disappeared.

I do have one con to add though. Much like the issue I had with Far Cry 3 outposts not being repeatable, it appears that gang hideouts aren't replayable like some stuff is, such as the fixer missions. Hopefully they can patch these in and I'm hoping that convoy missions are either replayable or will also be patched in.

Finally, I want to add to expand on one of the pros. Exploring more around the city there really isn't a location that isn't used and in most of them there is more than meets the eye. On GTA:V there are too many locations that really aren't used unless you want to play online. Not only are the locations used in the single player portion of this game, but they are often used in the online modes.

I wanted to give it a 9 but there are some things that do stand out as annoying. One is the soundtrack. It's disappointing and it does make me less likely to wander the streets while listening to the soundtrack. Right now it's just one song by Kid Cudi and occasionally Curtis Mayfield's Move On Up as it reminds me of Kanye's Touch the Sky. They seemed to really miss the mark here, I don't know why Kanye's Homecoming didn't get in the game or other more popular artists from Chicago. The other issue is money. I have bought everything there is to buy and have almost $900,000. There is absolutely zero reason for me to ever try to make money again... I could play the game for an entire year and not get close to spending half that amount. I would love to spend it on weapon customization's but there is zero of that in game.
    Last edited by ttech10; 06-02-2014 at 09:53.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    For me it's a 7, it's a great game with lots to do to keep you interested but it's not amazing so to speak! Definitely a game worth playing though and one I would recommend!
    That's about where I am with it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I give it an 8.

Apprentice

The first couple of days playing I would have voted it an 8. As I learn more about how to use the hacks and get used to the driving and basically learn the ropes I'm having more and more fun with it. Not to mention that now that I've had a chance to profile a bunch of people and eavesdrop on conversations and otherwise learn about the residents of the city my emotions have been toyed with a bit. Some of the NPC's stories are sad! Some are pathetic. Some just make me ANGRY! I've also had to make some morally tough decisions. These kinds of things go a long way for me. So at the time of voting on this poll I'm giving it a 9. I'm getting more and more immersed in the game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Not played much of the story, but been mainly doing random pop-up missions, and I have to say the gameplay is fun!! (funny that for a game).

Graphics are not nextgen, but looks great in some areas.

Solid 8/10 for me.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Not played much of the story, but been mainly doing random pop-up missions, and I have to say the gameplay is fun!! (funny that for a game).

Graphics are not nextgen, but looks great in some areas.

Solid 8/10 for me.
    I was just saying in another thread how I've been enjoying the sides. This game is going to take me forever because of it but as I said in that other thread...for me that's just bonus fat. If I'm enjoying a game I love to extend that experience through side missions. I'm barely through Act 2 and I got this game launch day. Just cannot get enough of those side missions. Mmmmmm. Bonus fat.

25. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice

I ****ing love this game. I gave it a 10.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I still haven't voted yet. I've probably got a solid 25hrs+ into the game now.

I've done Chpt 1-2, start of Chpt 3. I've done all the ctOS tower hacks, a ton of the side missions (gang, fixers, convoys), about 1/2 of the various Investigations (Missing Persons, Human Trafficking, QRs, Burners, Weapons) and collectibles.

I haven't done much online investigations, digital trips, and mini-games as of yet. Been focused on story and cleaning up map areas.

The music as long as it's not annoying doesn't bother me personally, I have switched the music on a couple of occasions as I didn't like it. I'll have to figure out how to edit them out, but it's not a priority at this point in time.

By the time I unlocked the skill to identify whales to hack I pretty much had earned enough money to buy every top end weapon through the store. I haven't bought a car or any wardrobe items at this point. I've never needed for bullets so far, and I've only topped off on crafting items twice, because I just happened to be pawning stuff.

I tend to be a bit frugal with my items because of games like TLOU, but I don't think I need to be as frugal as I am on this one.

I've got something like $250K sitting in the bank at the moment. I'm not sure if I should even do anything with it. I still hack whales but that's usually all I hack anymore.

I used the car delivery a number of times early in the game, almost always choosing the sports car from Amazon's pre-order code. But I don't even do that anymore. Well, I've done it twice to get a big truck to climb up to otherwise inaccessible areas.

Figuring out how to get to places, to unlock/hack items has been fun, but what's been annoying is the online hackers that bug me when I'm trying to do it. I can turn that off, but that would reset my online hacking points back to 0, when I've gotten ~1300pts for defending myself. Maybe I should just turn it off until I complete everything and then go online only. But then I loose my damage modifier for guns vs cars in game (yes it carry's over to single player)

So far it's been the best game I've play on the PS4, I'd give it about 8.5/10 so far (doesn't include Infamous: SS as it's in cellophane, awaiting to be unwrapped after I'm done w/ WDs.) I'm waiting to finish everything up before I vote in this poll though.

28. Likes Justin , Admartian likes this post

Thread Information