Forum Sage

Good Flight Simulator?

I am looking for a good (and accurate) flight simulator? Does anyone have any recommendations? I am posting it here because I'd like to know if there is one coming for the PS4 but if not, I'd be okay with recommendations for other systems (don't worry about if I have it or not.)

I have heard of Microsoft's Flight Simulator but I've never been able to run those on any of my computers so I kinda gave up on them a while back.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    While it isn't a sim, War Thunder on the pS4. Otherwise, no as far as the PS4 goes. X-Plane 10 on Windows/Mac/Linux.

3. Likes sainraja likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I could list you a pretty big list on the PC but for the PS4 it's like F34R has said, there's only War Thunder.

5. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    has there been a real flight simulator on any consoles? Seems like that would be difficult to pull off. Pretty much need a keyboard and mouse to be realistic. The best simulator is X-10 on Mac, like F34R mentioned.

Here is a list of some
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

7. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    While it isn't a sim, War Thunder on the pS4. Otherwise, no as far as the PS4 goes. X-Plane 10 on Windows/Mac/Linux.
    I'll take a look at War Thunder and X-Plane and hopefully I can get it to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I could list you a pretty big list on the PC but for the PS4 it's like F34R has said, there's only War Thunder.
    Sure, go ahead. I'd like to see what is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    has there been a real flight simulator on any consoles? Seems like that would be difficult to pull off. Pretty much need a keyboard and mouse to be realistic. The best simulator is X-10 on Mac, like F34R mentioned.

Here is a list of some
    Well, I stopped paying attention to flight simulator games because of the experience I've had with them in the past (I haven't been able to get any to work -- and now I have a decent enough computer where I shouldn't, at least, have an issues from the performance side of things -- the issues I had were more than just performance.) I was hoping that there were some coming to the PS4 and couldn't they just include the required accessory for simulation games on consoles? similar to how the music games came with the required accessories.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Have you guys personally tried X-Plane? How does it compare with the MS Simulator games?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I have played or owned most of these and can't think of any others that better them (realistic flight sims):
    • Aerofly FS
    • DCS: A-10C Warthog
    • DCS Black Shark 2
    • DCS World (Free to Play)
    • EF2000 (1995)
    • F-16 Multirole Fighter (1998)
    • Flight Simulator X
    • IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
    • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
    • MiG-29 Fulcrum (1998)
    • MiG-29 Super Fulcrum (1990 - a little arcadey but amazing)
    • Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition
    • TFX (1993)
    • War Thunder (Free to Play)
    • Wings of Prey
    • X-Plane 10

Thread Information