Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer

Omg, Watch_Dogs multiplayer is a blast!!

I just spent about 4 hrs tonight connecting to 1v1 hack matches. Wow, so much fun. I can't believe how much fun I'm having. Both as the hacker or the target.

It starts out as a bit of cat and mouse, while the hacker must establish a hack on the target player and remain hidden will the hack being is completed. If the target finds the hacker, its now a chase for survival. The hacker must flee and the target must try to kill the hacker. Some of the city wide car chases I've been involved in versus others players makes this game surpass my expectations.

Oh man. I need to go to bed. Then wake up and go to work. It saddens me to know I have to wait like 15hrs to do this some more.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Yeah I didn't know what was happening at 1st. I was on my way to start a mission and it came up saying I was being hacked. I found the guy easy enough but couldn't catch him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I just spent about 4 hrs tonight connecting to 1v1 hack matches. Wow, so much fun. I can't believe how much fun I'm having. Both as the hacker or the target.

It starts out as a bit of cat and mouse, while the hacker must establish a hack on the target player and remain hidden will the hack being is completed. If the target finds the hacker, its now a chase for survival. The hacker must flee and the target must try to kill the hacker. Some of the city wide car chases I've been involved in versus others players makes this game surpass my expectations.

Oh man. I need to go to bed. Then wake up and go to work. It saddens me to know I have to wait like 15hrs to do this some more.
    That does sound awesome, another game for me to hand Gers his ass in
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Apprentice

I haven't even touched multiplayer yet but I intend to soon, I just want to get a few more hours into single player before I do. Its really good to hear that you enjoy it though! Makes me look forward to it all the more.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    Glad you enjoy it Shepard! I can't test the multiplayer due to server issues. Hope they'll be fixed soon

Apprentice

i'm having connectivity issues but i'm really looking forward to MP

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Gotta say, MP would be so much fun if it didn't take 3+ Minutes to connect to a game...

But when I do manage to get into Games....WOW! I love Online Decryption the most. Stealing the file at 99% and then winning the game can either be the greatest troll ever or a knife to the heart

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    See this is the problem with the being the messenger of the gods. Everybody wants to shoot you.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Gotta say, MP would be so much fun if it didn't take 3+ Minutes to connect to a game...

But when I do manage to get into Games....WOW! I love Online Decryption the most. Stealing the file at 99% and then winning the game can either be the greatest troll ever or a knife to the heart
    You guys are killing me (in a good way)! I was intending to do another solo session tonight but you are making this sound way too fun. I might have to try multi earlier than I intended.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Doing the stuff now for trophies. So in tailing... do they know they are being tailed as soon as you enter or just when you start tailing them?

Same for the hacking. I'm not sure if they see you when you enter their game or not. I know the few times I've started they seem to be waiting for me already. I'm also rubbish at it. Makes the 10 completed trophy going to make me hate this game.

The tailing is fun as the person doing the tailing, but honestly I don't find any other aspect of online that entertaining. After the hacking trophy and being tailed 5 times trophy, I honestly don't know if I'm going to leave the feature on.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Do you get invaded frequently while you're trying to do single player? I just wanted to enjoy the story and explore so disabled the invade portion of the game for the time being. Was thinking someone would be invading every half an hour or so just as I'm in the swing of the campaign etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Doing the stuff now for trophies. So in tailing... do they know they are being tailed as soon as you enter or just when you start tailing them?

Same for the hacking. I'm not sure if they see you when you enter their game or not. I know the few times I've started they seem to be waiting for me already. I'm also rubbish at it. Makes the 10 completed trophy going to make me hate this game.
    I can't speak on the tailing one. But having been on both ends of the hacking one I can confirm both parties are aware the other player is there. Infact both are given waypoints to the others location at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Do you get invaded frequently while you're trying to do single player? I just wanted to enjoy the story and explore so disabled the invade portion of the game for the time being. Was thinking someone would be invading every half an hour or so just as I'm in the swing of the campaign etc.
    As far as I'm aware, the online features are disabled during missions. Whenever I'm in queue waiting to find someone to hack, if I choose to do a mission then it removes me from the queue.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am having a lot of fun with this game. The minigames are pretty awesome! I turned off the MP but might turn it on later once my character has more normal skills.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I can't speak on the tailing one. But having been on both ends of the hacking one I can confirm both parties are aware the other player is there. Infact both are given waypoints to the others location at the start.
    I know they are told once you hack them, but how about as soon as you enter the game? Every time I've been hacked I wasn't notified until they initiated the hack, but when I try to hack someone about 95% of the time they appear to know I'm in their game and getting into a defensive position.

I'm not sure if they are just using the method of pausing the game and seeing if the game continues on in the background or something with their router lights, but it's obvious they aren't just playing the game normally.

I have three more 100% hacks to gain and then just going to run around doing non-mission stuff and hope I get tailed so I can finish that trophy and be done with online for a while.

Also, Ubisoft really let the ball down by not punishing players who quit when you're hacking them. I was a few seconds from getting 1 more down and the guy quit (or disconnected, one of them).
    Last edited by ttech10; 05-29-2014 at 21:36.

PSU Live Streamer
    When I was getting hacked I'm pretty sure there was a waypoint on my screen telling me where the dude was. I actually ran in his direction looking for him.

As for the disconnects, it may not be the player doing it. Ubi's servers have been kinda ****ty since the game launched.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I realize they're having issues, but I've only had two disconnects/quits and both largely suspect. And in all the matches I've had where I was found or found the other person and a chase ensued, I've never had one disconnect/quit. Only twice when I was about to win.

In tailing, this guy couldn't find a place to hide no matter how hard he tried and quit at ~95%. In the hacking, I had the perfect hiding spot among a large variety of spots and he quit at ~90%.

I'm pretty sure the first guy quit, as I got the win and I could see him running, then stop, then a few seconds later the game ended abruptly. The second time though, since it was hacking, I couldn't actually see the person, but from the point I hacked him to where I was hiding I think it took him a decent amount of time just to get to the area (he was hiding in a building down from the highway with no car around, while I hacked him from the highway) and was likely annoyed.

PSU Live Streamer
    lol, some dude invaded my game last night while I was 2 floors up above ground level attempting to hack a terminal to reveal more of the map. I was a second away from starting the hack and the invasion happened. Poor bastard was down on street level trying to find me. So I sniped him from the roof top. Easy experience lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    I've only did some online hacking, and it's so much fun! But really disappointed that you can't hack a friend though, you just get connected with a random dude :/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Joker View Post
    Yeah I didn't know what was happening at 1st. I was on my way to start a mission and it came up saying I was being hacked. I found the guy easy enough but couldn't catch him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Same here, I didn't even know multiplayer was embedded to the single player campaign.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Same here, I didn't even know multiplayer was embedded to the single player campaign.
    Yea it is. It may interrupt your game from time to time, but it can never happen while on a mission. You can opt out of it if you really don't want to experience it at all.

Veteran
    Yea it is. It may interrupt your game from time to time, but it can never happen while on a mission. You can opt out of it if you really don't want to experience it at all.
    How can I opt out of it? I do like the fact that I am just minding my own business and suddenly a player is trying to invade my gameplay by triggering a multiplayer event because it makes this whole hacking stuff even more of a realistic feel but I would like to finish some of the campaign missions first so it would be great to know how to turn it off.

PSU Live Streamer
    There is a setting in the options somewhere to disable online. Resets any current online score you have to zero tho. But if you haven't done much then don't worry about it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    I have a question about the Capture the flag-spinoff called 'Only Decryption'. When you get the file, do you start over from 0%? Suppose that player A decrypts the file until 99%, but then Player B steals the file. Does Player B only have to finish that 1% left? Because I don't think that would be very fair :s

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    I have a question about the Capture the flag-spinoff called 'Only Decryption'. When you get the file, do you start over from 0%? Suppose that player A decrypts the file until 99%, but then Player B steals the file. Does Player B only have to finish that 1% left? Because I don't think that would be very fair :s
    Yea whomever holds it last, wins the match. At first I thought it should be whomever held it longest...but then every match would end at 51% technically. And the losing player would never have incentive to keep playing.

But I've seen a few matches where someone died at 99% and someone else picked it up and took the win. Sucks if that player held it for 5mins only to die 1% shy of winning, yes. But when I look at it from both angles at least all players have equal chance to win.

What I don't know yet though, is if the points you get are increased based on things like....how long you held it for. If it is, then at least thats some benefit for holding it the longest even if you lose the match.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Just got back from Vacation late last night, and started playing today.

After I got through the Online Hack part, I was in an area of town where I wanted to pick up a QR code that was under a freeway with a little shanty town. I was having a hard time finding a camera with the right angle to pick up the QR code. While doing this in about a total of 30mins I got hacked 3 times.

Each time I couldn't find the person. One time was probably my fault, but on two of them I know I was looking right at the location where they got revealed post hack, but I couldn't see them during the hack. There was nothing between us. I'm not sure what gives with that, but has anyone else experienced it?

PSN ID
    IceKnight77
    I love both the hacking and freeroam, a couple times i got together with someone and massacred the city on freeroam xD

Thread Information