Thread: Powered Via USB

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

Powered Via USB

So... I was wondering, am I the only one who's having troubles with this? When I select the option that power will be sent to my Vita through USB (as I often game with my laptop to my side/at my pc) so my Vita won't drain empty while playing, it doesn't seem to help? I can only charge it via the actual charger but USB power does literally NOTHING. My battery keeps draining while gaming with USB connection. Am I understanding this wrong or is that a failing feature (for me?) :P

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    It could be you can charge from your laptop, but it just doesn't draw enough energy to charge it while you are playing it. I would plug it in using the adapter and play or just make sure my Vita is charged all the time.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Thing is, right now I'm on my PC. I use the USB cable and the option is turned on but the battery still gets drained. I'd assume that they implanted this feature to work and that your battery 'stays charged' throughout gaming when using your Vita with USB power.. No?

Thread Information