Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Loving Mario Kart 8!!

Battle mode sucks ass though. Nothing worse than battling on large race tracks. Thankfully the rest of the game is fantastic.

2. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    It certainly looks awesome, but I'm still not sure if I should buy it. How is the replay value in Mario kart 8?

In previous titels, I played the game for one day but then it's starts getting bored and I just play it offline with friends.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Loving it so far.

Forum Overseer
    looks clean. i always like the way nintendo makes their games.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Looks awesome 1080p@60FPS even in split screen. Really pushed themselves with this one. Even most "next gen" games can't even manage that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Looks awesome 1080p@60FPS even in split screen. Really pushed themselves with this one. Even most "next gen" games can't even manage that.
    Saying the Wii U isn't a real next-gen console?! Great, now you made Mario sad... Look at what you did... LOOK AT IT!!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    That was actually aimed at the people who say Wii U isn't next gen, when this game just proved a lot of those people wrong managing 1080p@60fps with those visuals.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    That aren't managing to put out games in 1080p@60fps? That makes it even more embarrassing. Credit where it's due, Nintendo did an awesome job with this game.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    It's it looks great don't get me wrong, but those visuals aren't particularly demanding. You're comparing apples to oranges - the textures are as good as non-existent.

On topic: The wii u is in the the same category as the vita for me. Let me explain:

It's not often I get to play games on the go.. My commute time is minimal and I don't bring it with me all the time. The same with wii u (which in my view is "party game central") - I don't have friends over that much right now, so the Mario cart and smash Bros wouldn't see much action..

However, with Vita, I soon had so many games through PS+ that I was practically forced to buy one :P

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Lets keep this on topic.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    So... how about that replay value?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    It's it looks great don't get me wrong, but those visuals aren't particularly demanding. You're comparing apples to oranges - the textures are as good as non-existent.
    Looks pretty demanding to me considering the hardware. Probably one of the best if not the best looking game on Wii U to date.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Looks pretty demanding to me considering the hardware. Probably one of the best if not the best looking game on Wii U to date.
    Praise the visual direction for that. But I'm not going talk down the Nintendo devs hard labour either. They've done a tremendous job - as always. Can't wait to give it a try. Who knows..? Might be the system seller for me.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Overseer
    yes, hence why I was praising the looks.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder

I think it is only 720p. Still looks great though.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    720p and dips to 59fps.

Starting from the top, then, there has been a surprising amount of confusion surrounding the resolution of the game with some sources even suggesting a native 1080p presentation. We can finally put that rumour to rest right here and confirm that Mario Kart 8 instead operates at what is effectively the console's standard 1280x720.
    What this ultimately means is that, during normal gameplay, Mario Kart 8 continually drops down to 59fps. This may not seem like a big deal - most will probably not notice it at all, and it has zero affect on playability - but it has a noticeable impact on image fluidity that mars what would otherwise be a perfectly consistent frame-rate. And for us at least, once it is seen, it can't really be unseen.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...s-mario-kart-8

Ultimate Veteran
    No doubt that the game looks great. It's meant to last the entire console generation.

Forum Overseer
    i doubt they're seeing issues at 59fps locked...it's probably dipped much below 59. 59 might be the average.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I got the game. How do I add you guys to the Wii U's friend list? I know I'll be playing with some of you guys!

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Loving it so far, my Wii U Online name is DarkVincent07 but it comes up as Jim, if anyone wants to add me.

I uploaded a little YT clip of some co-op just to see what it would look like. Solid quality (Yes I came 4th haha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVjiDoD8_XE

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I want a WiiU. You guys are making this sound amazing. I love the Mario Cart franchise. I can't count how many great times I've had with it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I need your helps guys. I just started playing and I found the drifts on the DS much more comfortable. It's been awhile since then. So I wanted to know, what do you recommend? I have never done this poorly online either. I fortunately survived 50CC lol.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I need your helps guys. I just started playing and I found the drifts on the DS much more comfortable. It's been awhile since then. So I wanted to know, what do you recommend? I have never done this poorly online either. I fortunately survived 50CC lol.
    I just hold down the right trigger thing on the gamepad each time I want to drift, but you need to continuously hold accelerate as well as steer the drift left and right. Some of the bikes are heaps harder to use/drift with. So start off with a kart

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I just hold down the right trigger thing on the gamepad each time I want to drift, but you need to continuously hold accelerate as well as steer the drift left and right. Some of the bikes are heaps harder to use/drift with. So start off with a kart

Is it just me or just looking at the gamepad makes drifting a lot easier? Kind of felt comfortable doing that instead of playing it from the TV.

READ THIS IN CASE YOU DIDNT KNOW.

Buying Mario Kart 8 will give you a FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD from Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Windwaker HD and (something else that I forgot).

I got WindWaker wooo!

Thread Information