Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed

Think my PS4 is about to die

So basically i turned on my ps4 today from being in stand by mode for the past like 2 days to turn it off and when it shut off it did the 3 beep thing for the first time so i turned it back on then back off again did the beep thing again. I then turned it back on decided to play bf4 campaign as my internet was down for about 10 hours and when i started the game everything loaded fine but once it got to loading the menu it just never showed up and i waiting for at least 5 mins then close the game i then shut down the ps4 and it did not beep. I turned it back on then tried Dead Nation it loaded up past the first screen then went black and i waited for at least another 3 mins before closing the game. I then tried Resogun and it loaded past the first screen then went black i waited for like 2-3mins and it loads up fine and plays perfectly i played for an hour then turned off my ps4 it went back to beeping. I also tried rebuilding the database but it still does the beep thing when turning it off and takes forever to load Resogun i havnt tried any other game yet.

Im not sure what would cause this other then a bad HDD

you guys know anything any help would be nice thanks

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    WTF!! since my internet is working now i tired to play the games and they are loading up just fine now and not taking forever im not sure why this was happening unless the games were not wanting to load unless i had internet, IDK its freaking weird maybe my ps4 is dying maybe its not im just not sure at this point

Also my ps4 didnt beep when i shut it off after i had internet
    Last edited by DuckNation; 05-31-2014 at 10:25.

Forum Sage

I hope Sony didn't do a stealth update that requires internet access for you to play your games. I'm hoping that's not the case because that would just about make me flip.

Dedicated Member

Actually, a lot of people have been having issues like this. I don't believe that it is your system, I think it's their network. Probably when you boot the system up, it starts trying to sync up everything and the social aspects of the games etc, the network is slow and everything crawls along for what feels like eternity. I would also try to restore the licenses as well as this could cause slowdowns as well sometimes. But most likely not a huge worry though.

PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    I've had some similar issues in past few days too. Black screens (seemingly only when i'm trying to get into a BF4 game) and triple-beeps on shutdown. Hopefully nothing too sinister

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Only thing I've had is occasional hdmi handshake issues. Once it happened during a boss fight with a giant mech in Wolfenstein. The screen went blank for a few seconds then came back on again with my tv resolution in the corner for a few seconds and then it was fine. Very annoying.

Thread Information