Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

GT 5 update 2.16 is up and online play is down

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1576414.html

In line with the online services of Gran Turismo 5 coming to an end as of May 31, 2014, the following update will be released:

Update Server Maintenance

May 30th/31st, 2014 from 11:00PM to 1:00AM EDT

An update will be released during this server maintenance period. Please note that after the start of the maintenance, all online services will become inaccessible.

Main Contents of the Update

- All online services will become disabled at this time. This includes the DLC’s from the top screen, the login bonus for GT Life, Open Lobby, Seasonal Events, Online Dealerships, Car Delivery, and all features within the “Community” menu.

- The Gran Turismo TV section accessible from the top screen is part of the online services, but previously purchased programs will still be accessible during the set viewable period for each program.

Thank you all for playing Gran Turismo 5 over the years.
    Hereafter we hope you will join us in playing the current PlayStationR3 exclusive title, Gran Turismo 6.
    .... and there she goes.

Forum Overseer
    too bad i only played it online like...5 hours total.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    So less than 4 years is all it took for them to abandon it. Fcuk them all.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Last GT game I will buy ever not because they have ended online like now just I find the game boring I stopped playing 4 months in and tried to play again last month but got bored after 4 races in my game career I am up to races that are like 10 laps and to me I'd rather play Sims Games

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, WD 1TB Blue 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    What a shame. I'll never get to experience it, as buying it without online at this point while there is a superior option(GT6) seems pointless. Gt6 should get me to drive club though.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    What a shame. I'll never get to experience it, as buying it without online at this point while there is a superior option(GT6) seems pointless. Gt6 should get me to drive club though.
    well, that all depends. i wouldn't be surprised if GT5 was going for $10 or even less at some places. but yeah, not much content there if you don't play online.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Well, GT6 was heavily discounted recently where I live, so I'm giving 5 away to a relative.

Never played 5 that much. Hope the menus are faster/more intuitive this time.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

I stopped playing 4 months in and tried to play again last month but got bored after 4 races in my game career I am up to races that are like 10 laps and to me I'd rather play Sims Games

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    If I ever actually decide to sit down and play this game I'm gonna have a long update.

Shut up and play games

PSN ID
    By_Ryze
    Gooooooood I likes that

PSN ID
    By_Ryze
    Sounds really really good can't wait

newbie here,

just bought a PS3 and GT6 - a little disappointed by the graphics. thought they would be soo much better. read someplace that the update from previous versions (gt5 or gt4 ...) was only to the newer cars and tracks, the old stuff stayed the same. since i just started, i am on the novice level racing the honda fit, i see shadows skipping and some strange flickers in the racetracks.

i'm cheap so i bought the ps3 rather than ps4 or xbox one. do the graphics get better with new tracks and cars?

i posted in a previous thread to get my minimum post to start a new one about this subject

Thread Information