Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Sony to announce PS4 God of War game at E3?

http://www.psu.com/a023458/Sony-to-a...War-game-at-E3

Sony Santa Monica has indicated it plans on lifting the lid on the next chapter in the multi-million selling God of War franchise at E3 next week.

Writing on its official Twitter page, the studio commented, The Gods have spoken once again, maybe they are just excited for #E3 #earthquake #LA."

The most recent entry in the series, God of War: Ascension, was released exclusively for PlayStation 3 in March 2013. God of War I and II were also remastered for PlayStation Vita earlier this year.

God of War IV has yet to be formally announced, though rumors have persisted for some time now. Recently, Sony Santa Monica suffered a blow when its new IP was reportedly shelved.
    March 2014 saw the departure of God of War III Creative Director, Stig Asmussen, who was believed to have had a crucial role in the company's now-canned sci-fi IP.

PSU will be attending E3 2014, so stay tuned for all the latest details as they break.

PSU Live Streamer
    I would love to see how beautiful a next gen GoW would be. But I think the series should end at GoW3. They would need to take a whole new perspective on the game at this point. New character, new settings, new mythos. Would have to take place in Egypt or something and you battle the egyptian gods.

Additionally, with them dropping their 'new ip' so recently. I feel worried that they are potentially rushing out whatever they come up with next due to time lost on the game they had to ditch.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

3. Likes PhillyPhreak, The Black Wolf likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    God I hope so.

This new console start has lacked a big spectacle, large scale, massive backdrops and massive enemies type of game to really show you "hey, next gen is here."

A new God of War would do that. Sony Santa Monica made the most advanced console game of last gen in God of War Ascension. They are Sony's cream of the crop as far as being tech wizards.

The PS4's game catalog kinda sucks. Both in games announced (The Order will be meh, just like Resistance, bank on it) and out right now. But at least it has some decent free to play games, unlike the X1, which catalog sucks just a little bit more. Kratos would get me excited a lot more. He is the face of Sony.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Wicked, wonder what the next gen GoW will look like and if they will have some gameplay at E3
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Wicked, wonder what the next gen GoW will look like and if they will have some gameplay at E3
    Probably just a reveal, if anything. Still pretty huge. Would love to see GoW 4 announced.

Forum Sage

We've had three numbered titles but overall four games (excluding the portable ones.)

If they announce one, it will be God of War 4? I wonder if they are going to bring Kratos back or will it be someone else?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    This would be the seventh game in the series. It's a good, dependable series, but I'd prefer something new.

I hope they at least change things up.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8141&dateline=1432946  501

PSN ID
    Like4ONinjaz
    I would LOVE a new God of War on PS4. It's one of my favorite series ever and I put God of War 3 in my top 5 games ever. Day one purchase for me.
    However, I really hope it is incredible and the last one. I just want one on PS4 then I'll be good. It's just too epic to not happen.

10. Likes Christopher likes this post
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller1121 View Post
    I would LOVE a new God of War on PS4. It's one of my favorite series ever and I put God of War 3 in my top 5 games ever. Day one purchase for me.
    However, I really hope it is incredible and the last one. I just want one on PS4 then I'll be good. It's just too epic to not happen.
    Yeah, I've been playing the entire series again lately. It really is a series that defines that defines PlayStation. This just needs to happen.

Ultimate Veteran
    Ascension gave me a case of the Franchise Fatigue something fierce. A proper GoW IV should sit on the shelf and marinate for a little while IMHO.

The surest sign that you are on the right side of a debate is when you find yourself against those who are stuck in the past. It is they whom have no future.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I would rather see a new ip than another GoW. Never liked the pacing in that series. Just when I'm starting to have fun with the action I have to stop to solve another tedious puzzle. Meh. Tbh I actually enjoyed Ryse more than GoW just because it stuck to being a pure action combat game. The only stand out feature GoW had was the giant bosses. Get rid of all the puzzles and stick with the combat then GoW would be the superior series.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-02-2014 at 18:24.

Elite Guru
    Items Manchester United
    Yay. Can't wait for another gow...

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I would rather see a new ip than another GoW. Never liked the pacing in that series. Just when I'm starting to have fun with the action I have to stop to solve another tedious puzzle. Meh. Tbh I actually enjoyed Ryse more than GoW just because it stuck to being a pure action combat game. The only stand out feature GoW had was the giant bosses. Get rid of all the puzzles and stick with the combat then GoW would be the superior series.
    This is quite frankly a TERRIBLE idea. You can't sustain an action platformer with just action. Unless its a 4 hour low budget indie title, like say Hero of Sparta. It would get repetitive as phuck real quick, and would be a shallow, tiring experience if it took place across 10 hours or more, and the scores and subsequent sales of the series would plummet.

In God of War you start with action, get breathing spots with some light platforming, do a puzzle, get rewarded with a brief reprieve with a wave of enemies, then you do a bit of moving forward and boom, you get your ultimate payoff, giant boss battle.

The pacing is fine, it is exactly how it should be and has never been an issue in reviews for the title. The pacing would be terrible with your idea, because there would NOT be pacing. There would only be one speed throughout.

Also, Ryse is a shiet game. Full stop. It wasn't even good at the one thing it set out to do. Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Ascension gave me a case of the Franchise Fatigue something fierce. A proper GoW IV should sit on the shelf and marinate for a little while IMHO.
    It just gave me a case of prequel fatigue. It was thrown in and no one was asking for it, unlike the demand for an actual God of War 3 sequel. If you think a God of War 4, an actual sequel to cliffhanger ending of God of War 3, with SSM's unrivaled talent, on PS4 won't excite you when you see it, then quite frankly you're wrong.

You'll be excited, you'll have no choice.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 06-02-2014 at 19:18.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    This is quite frankly a TERRIBLE idea. You can't sustain an action platformer with just action. Unless its a 4 hour low budget indie title, like say Hero of Sparta. It would get repetitive as phuck real quick, and would be a shallow, tiring experience if it took place across 10 hours or more, and the scores and subsequent sales of the series would plummet. In God of War you start with action, get breathing spots with some light platforming, do a puzzle, get rewarded with a brief reprieve with a wave of enemies, then you do a bit of moving forward and boom, you get your ultimate payoff, giant boss battle. The pacing is fine, it is exactly how it should be and has never been an issue in reviews for the title. The pacing would be terrible with your idea, because there would NOT be pacing. There would only be one speed throughout. Also, Ryse is a shiet game. Full stop. It wasn't even good at the one thing it set out to do. Action.
    Well thats your opinion. But I'd rather have breaks in the action done with story driven cutscenes every so often than having to stop every 20 minutes for a puzzle. And of course thats just my opinion as well. I guess GoW will just never be a series meant for me because of that reason. I dont expect them to change that formula.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-02-2014 at 19:21.

Media Content Manager
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    As I love the whole GOW series, I hope somewhere that a new GOW is on the way to the PS4. Though, I'm wondering (besides graphics) what would be new/different about it than the other games.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well thats your opinion. But I'd rather have breaks in the action done with story driven cutscenes every so often than having to stop every 20 minutes for a puzzle. And of course thats just my opinion as well. I guess GoW will just never be a series meant for me because of that reason. I dont expect them to change that formula.
    You know, I would gladly trade puzzle time for more exploration and platforming/environment interaction though.

That would be a suitable way to break up the action.

That's why I'm excited for Shadow of the Beast on PS4, from the description it seems it will have quite a bit of exploration.

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    It is going to be hard to top God of War 3.

20. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    In theory, it will be easy. In practice I'm sure it will be kinda difficult.

God of War 3 introduced full-scale skyscraper sized boss/characters in the Titans.

God of War Ascension introduced us in the beginning cutscene, to the Primordials. Cosmic beings who were responsible for the Earth and universe being formed.

Just have Kratos fight some planet sized bosses like that. That'll do. Not like we haven't seen that already with Asura's Wrath on PS360, and SSM being more talented than Capcom, and on newer hardware, could easily make it an ever bigger spectacle.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I remember when they showed that God of War 3 Teaser years ago, that was amazing.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Ultimate Veteran
    Dam cant waite to see what this game looks like

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH......

New IP please.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You know, I would gladly trade puzzle time for more exploration and platforming/environment interaction though. That would be a suitable way to break up the action. That's why I'm excited for Shadow of the Beast on PS4, from the description it seems it will have quite a bit of exploration.
    Now I would really like that. Totally agree. And yeah Shadow of the Beast definitely has my interest too.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    The story was a huge let down. They should have covered his transformation and killing of his family and instead we got filler.

Hopefully they revamp more than just graphics in the next one.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    In theory, it will be easy. In practice I'm sure it will be kinda difficult.

God of War 3 introduced full-scale skyscraper sized boss/characters in the Titans.

God of War Ascension introduced us in the beginning cutscene, to the Primordials. Cosmic beings who were responsible for the Earth and universe being formed.

Just have Kratos fight some planet sized bosses like that. That'll do. Not like we haven't seen that already with Asura's Wrath on PS360, and SSM being more talented than Capcom, and on newer hardware, could easily make it an ever bigger spectacle.
    Oh they could and should do much more than just "planet sized bosses". I'm showing my geekhood here, but Greek Mythology is so vast. They could go on for a couple more games without running out of deities and beings in the game. I could think of 10 characters/deities they could put in the game just off the top of my head. And I'm just some guy on a forum!

As for Ascension, It was an absolute letdown, minus the fact that they created it pretty much just for MP.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    See this is the problem with the being the messenger of the gods. Everybody wants to shoot you.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    As much as I like the God of War franchise I'm over it. I love the beauty of it but it's just stale to me. Was kind of hoping for something unexpected but if they do show this, no doubt it will be gorgeous.

Thread Information