Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

E3 PS4 predictions, new game announcements and rumours

With E3 2014 just around the corner, and Sony’s press conference due to kick off on June 9, speculation is rife about which new games will be announced, whether some previously-announced titles will be available in playable form, and whether PlayStation Vita will even be mentioned at all.The truth is that none of us know the answers to these questions, but that hasn’t stopped us from salivating at the possibilities.

Check out these 25 predictions.

http://www.psu.com/a023451/Sony-E3-2...rumours?page=1
    Im not sure if i want 13 to be true or not!
    13. The Last Guardian is still in development. Yes, really. Despite being announced and disappearing into the ether in 2009, Team ICO will tease us again showcasing a trailer for the game to build hype. The trailer will end with the words “Coming 2015.” People will shake their heads in disbelief.
    there better not be a teaser for the thing, it's been so long!!

Full article found on PSU's homepage! follow the above link
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    7. Gran Turismo 7: Prologue will be revealed for PS4. It will be a re-mastered version of Gran Turismo 6 rendered in 1080p. The release window will also be confirmed.
    Has to be this one for me, god I want it to be so true I think I would cry tears of major happiness if it was!! lol
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Has to be this one for me, god I want it to be so true I think I would cry tears of major happiness if it was!! lol
    I would take it as a slap in the face from PD.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I would take it as a slap in the face from PD.
    I thought you had gone forever!!

Why would that be then F34R? Would be better than waiting 2 years of GT7

Ultimate Veteran
    I predict everyone will be asleep by the end of the conference.

6. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    GT7 Prologue?! Sounds like a lazy way to generate some revenue. I mean the PS4 hasn't just appeared from no where. Why haven't they been developing for it for that last year or so? Why does it always take them so long to create a release which doesn't even end up being that brilliant to be honest. Lost my faith in the GT series a few years ago (although I would still buy it if it came out - double standards and all that)

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

8. Likes rene2kx likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    GT7 Prologue?! Sounds like a lazy way to generate some revenue. I mean the PS4 hasn't just appeared from no where. Why haven't they been developing for it for that last year or so? Why does it always take them so long to create a release which doesn't even end up being that brilliant to be honest. Lost my faith in the GT series a few years ago (although I would still buy it if it came out - double standards and all that)
    It would be very true but like you say I would still go out and purchase a copy, as long as it was a prettier version of the full PS3 game I would be happy for the minute but I would prefer a full version made on the PS4 for the PS4!

Dedicated Member
    PD has fallen behind the curve the past few years. They take too long to put out a complete gt game, and in the meantime put out a prologue version aka unfinished gt version in order to make a quick buck. With the ps4, they need to up their game and put out a full gt game soon. The gt series has been losing some steam over the past few years. I don't really dig the forza series but turn 10 doesn't have these unnecessarily long development cycles.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Yeah GT5 was garbage. GT4 on PS2 was the last good one.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yeah GT5 was garbage. GT4 on PS2 was the last good one.

100% Agree. if they release a prologue i wont buy it i might not even buy the next full game unless the the whole concept of the game is given a radical overhaul. I want more realistic racing and $#@!pit view on all cars. I also want less cars, yes LESS is MORE, I dont want 40 versions of a nissan skyline one or two are enough also stupid cars like VW camper van and moon buggies are stupid gimmicks.

Also stop trying to cover every racing series your not doing any of them any favors. Theres Nascar with like 2 tracks F1 with like 2 cars, Rally with a few tracks and a few cars. Also the grind to unlock the next race its not an RPG i dont expect to race the same race 20 times to unlock the next. And make the online easier to navigate and join/setup races etc.

They seem more interested in a virtual garage than a racing game. I think Project Cars will blow Gran Turismo out the water and hopefully they will make a better GT because of it.

Rant over
    09/10 and 10/11 PSU Forum Fantasy Premier League Winner
    London Wolves/To Hell We Ride

13. Likes snooper71, TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Kojima might be planning to give a sneak peek of mgs5: the phantom pain tomorrow. It'll be a small part of the demo he has in store for e3.
    http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=14362

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by rich2086 View Post
    100% Agree. if they release a prologue i wont buy it i might not even buy the next full game unless the the whole concept of the game is given a radical overhaul. I want more realistic racing and $#@!pit view on all cars. I also want less cars, yes LESS is MORE, I dont want 40 versions of a nissan skyline one or two are enough also stupid cars like VW camper van and moon buggies are stupid gimmicks. Also stop trying to cover every racing series your not doing any of them any favors. Theres Nascar with like 2 tracks F1 with like 2 cars, Rally with a few tracks and a few cars. Also the grind to unlock the next race its not an RPG i dont expect to race the same race 20 times to unlock the next. And make the online easier to navigate and join/setup races etc. They seem more interested in a virtual garage than a racing game. I think Project Cars will blow Gran Turismo out the water and hopefully they will make a better GT because of it. Rant over
    Well said. And please no more standard cars aka PS2 cars vs premium cars.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    100% Agree. if they release a prologue i wont buy it i might not even buy the next full game unless the the whole concept of the game is given a radical overhaul. I want more realistic racing and $#@!pit view on all cars. I also want less cars, yes LESS is MORE, I dont want 40 versions of a nissan skyline one or two are enough also stupid cars like VW camper van and moon buggies are stupid gimmicks.

Also stop trying to cover every racing series your not doing any of them any favors. Theres Nascar with like 2 tracks F1 with like 2 cars, Rally with a few tracks and a few cars. Also the grind to unlock the next race its not an RPG i dont expect to race the same race 20 times to unlock the next. And make the online easier to navigate and join/setup races etc.

They seem more interested in a virtual garage than a racing game. I think Project Cars will blow Gran Turismo out the water and hopefully they will make a better GT because of it.

Rant over
    I agree, with games like project cars and Forza Motorsport they really have put Gran Turismo to shame lately! They really need to step it up with the next one on PS4 or the sales of the franchise will just continue to go down rather than up!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I haven't been following any gaming news for at least 4 months now so I'm expecting nothing really. Anything would probably impress me at the show!

I hope they have some new RPG though.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well said. And please no more standard cars aka PS2 cars vs premium cars.

Rant over
    I agree with both points. They focused way too much on the amount of cars and goofy stuff instead of what made the game great for so many years. While I didn't think GT5 was horrible, it definitely was a huge disappointment compared to its predecessors and it's competitor. If it was up to me, I would reboot the series. Forza has been a better game but not a better sim from a handling stand point IMO. I've played both extensively and that's the feeling I've got between the two. I know many feel differently about that.

Anyway, I'm going to watch E3 with low expectations at this point. All the recent news about what is not going to be shown took any glimpse of hope away.

Ultimate Veteran
    I predict the new CEO will spend an hour presenting his favorite Kaz Gifs and then Naughty Dog will show off Uncharted 4, which will take place on Gilligan's Island.

20. Likes miamiman likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Is it me or is it noticeable that barely/none of those predictions are concerning the PSVita? I hope they actually do SOMETHING on/with/for the Vita that's interesting/nice and not just lame PSNow...

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

A new twisted metal game(not like the last one), to really give the vita sales,make gta5 stories or something kinda like the one on psp

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Apprentice

I predict that Sony will announce a few upcoming titles for ps4 but just mention them, like uncharted 4. I also predict that games like battlefield hardline will be showcased but nothing really spectacular and I think that a lot of their show will be announcements that former ps3 games will now be ps4 games. I would expect to see a mortal kombat 9 ps4 port and other titles to make it appear like there is a big lineup but in reality its just re-releases of games the majority already own. With all the delays next year is going to be big for releases across the board. The biggest thing I can hope for is an announcement for Metal gear phantom pain to be released next year in 2015. and with kojima you can expect that to be a solid date that wont be delayed or pushed back. Other than that I don't think there is going to be much to talk about unless they officially unveil the Morpheus.

edit:

are you serious? I put the word titles as in a title of a game. and it censers me BRAH!!!??? I didn't say tit-les like using the word tits and a selection of titles. Get a real life!

edit2:

HAHAHAH it did it again!! OK GUYS FORE WARNING YOU CAN NOT REFER TO A GAMES OR GROUP OF GAMES NAME BY ITS TITLE (I.E NAME: spelled TEE EYE TEE EL E) OR THE CENSER POLICE THINK YOU SAYING TITS AS IN THAT IS SO TITS!!! as Eric Cartmen would say. That is funny. a bit much but still funny.

~combined posts
    Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher; 06-06-2014 at 20:47.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    I predict that Sony will announce a few upcoming $#@!les for ps4 but just mention them, like uncharted 4. I also predict that games like battlefield hardline will be showcased but nothing really spectacular and I think that a lot of their show will be announcements that former ps3 games will now be ps4 games. I would expect to see a mortal kombat 9 ps4 port and other $#@!les to make it appear like there is a big lineup but in reality its just re-releases of games the majority already own. With all the delays next year is going to be big for releases across the board. The biggest thing I can hope for is an announcement for Metal gear phantom pain to be released next year in 2015. and with kojima you can expect that to be a solid date that wont be delayed or pushed back. Other than that I don't think there is going to be much to talk about unless they officially unveil the Morpheus.

edit:

are you serious? I put the word $#@!les as in a $#@!le of a game. and it censers me BRAH!!!??? I didn't say $#@!-les like using the word $#@!s and a selection of $#@!les. Get a real life!

edit2:

HAHAHAH it did it again!! OK GUYS FORE WARNING YOU CAN NOT REFER TO A GAMES OR GROUP OF GAMES NAME BY ITS $#@!LE (I.E NAME: spelled TEE EYE TEE EL E) OR THE CENSER POLICE THINK YOU SAYING $#@!S AS IN THAT IS SO $#@!S!!! as Eric Cartmen would say. That is funny. a bit much but still funny.

~combined posts
    Christopher
    We have implemented a new optional swear filter. Please see go to this thread for any feedback you would like to give. Thanks
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    i think you will ifnd that sonay hs been payin gclsoe atttnieon to peolsep wishlists. it's a shame thatpor ject beast got leaked but i tmahya ve bee nan inteniontal one. rof anoeyn ownderign. on, that aws not theno ly bombshell tehy planned on at e.3

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    i think you will ifnd that sonay hs been payin gclsoe atttnieon to peolsep wishlists. it's a shame thatpor ject beast got leaked but i tmahya ve bee nan inteniontal one. rof anoeyn ownderign. on, that aws not theno ly bombshell tehy planned on at e.3
    Good post. Well written and informative. Thanks...

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Ultimate Veteran

Sweet dreams.

29. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy XIII
    Sad to say I had forgotten about The Last Gaurdian, but would be nice to see it.

Thread Information