Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    He is basing this off of the xb1 which is huge, I wouldn't want to be caught carrying that around (just the box), but the ps4 and the form factor makes it a little bit easier to do so.

Then he switches gears and brings up people that have there consoles tucked away lol. If I've ever seen a goal post being moved

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    LOL, shifting goal posts by suggesting a fairly standard console setup?

Lets see:

Unplug console (2 plugs plugged/unplugged)
    Take around to friends place:
    Unplug their console (now 4 cables plugged/unplugged)
    Move their console:
    Plug in your console (now 6 cable plugged/unplugged)
    Play games:

Thats as easy as:

Unplug 1 or 2 cables (1/2 plugged/unplugged)
    Take around to friends place.
    Plug in 1/2 cables (2/4 plugged unplugged).
    Play games.

Yeah right.

NO one said what you advocating is difficult again I'll reiterate it simply not as easy.

If you think its as easy then you aint very good at math LOL.

Jesus, grow the $#@! up, "its not as easy" doesn't mean its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    ITs not a Top Gear challenge

Its not hard, there is just an easier option

Really, given this was an option on either console you'd choose the external HDD as well.
    Last edited by mynd; 06-07-2014 at 12:41.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    What a stupid ass argument. Of course plugging in a console is stupid easy. My 9yr old daughter does it all time. Not sure why this is even a discussion.?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    LOL, shifting goal posts by suggesting a fairly standard console setup?

Lets see:

Unplug console (2 plugs plugged/unplugged)
    Take around to friends place:
    Unplug their console (now 4 cables plugged/unplugged)
    Move their console:
    Plug in your console (now 6 cable plugged/unplugged)
    Play games:

Thats as easy as:

Unplug 1 or 2 cables (1/2 plugged/unplugged)
    Take around to friends place.
    Plug in 1/2 cables (2/4 plugged unplugged).
    Play games.

Yeah right.

NO one said what you advocating is difficult again I'll reiterate it simply not as easy.

If you think its as easy then you aint very good at math LOL.

Jesus, grow the $#@! up, "its not as easy" doesn't mean its hard.

Its not hard, there is just an easier option

Really, given this was an option on either console you'd choose the external HDD as well.
    Lol convenient =/= easy

Jesus, grow the $#@! up!

Forum Overseer
    i would rather take my HDD around than my $400 console.

but this argument is silly because most people don't take their console/HDD to their friend's. both of those would be inconvenient for me but if i had to, i'd choose the HDD. i'd rather just play my friend's games. unless i was going there for a long time.

5. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i would rather take my HDD around than my $400 console.

but this argument is silly because most people don't take their console/HDD to their friend's. both of those would be inconvenient for me but if i had to, i'd choose the HDD. i'd rather just play my friend's games. unless i was going there for a long time.
    Exactly. Who wants to lug around that huge ass Xbox One, when you can simply grab your external hdd?

I hope Sony offers this soon.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Are you seriously advocating hooking up an entire console is as easy as plugging in USB drive?
    Ooookkkkayyyy..........
    And wouldn't ya just take your discs? Instead of your entire system?
    The PS4 is pretty light and it does not have an external power brick; so he's got a point whether you like it or not. lol

EDIT

Didn't realize how long the conversation went....but I see the points both sides are making. You can easily take your PS4 with you, but do you really need to if your friend has one?

The only use case I see is if your friend has a PS3 and since PS4 uses the same types of cables, it's a possible scenario.

EDIT

Sony should definitely offer this. It will only give them an advantage - you would be able to switch the internal HDD to something bigger or use an external HDD. Regardless, Microsoft had to offer this as an option. I do hope Sony feels the same way now.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-08-2014 at 03:10.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    The PS4 is pretty light and it does not have an external power brick; so he's got a point whether you like it or not. lol

EDIT

Didn't realize how long the conversation went....but I see the points both sides are making. You can easily take your PS4 with you, but do you really need to if your friend has one?

The only use case I see is if your friend has a PS3 and since PS4 uses the same power cable, it's a possible scenario.
    Lol the whole thing started because he thinks because an external hdd makes it easy to take all your games (digital/hardcopy) to a friend's house that the same can't easily be done on the ps4 (might be an inconvenience if you have it "tucked away" but it's definitely easy to do)...and it went down hill from there lol

Ultimate Veteran
    The external hard drive is awesome.

Superior Member
    So the argument was carrying a 6 pound PS4 would be as easy or as convenient as carrying a 8 ounce portable hard drive. A portable hard drive that you could probably stick in your pockets (key word is PROBABLY for the basics). This $#@! actually took place here.

My mind has to sync back to the asinine absurdity of this place.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol the whole thing started because he thinks because an external hdd makes it easy to take all your games (digital/hardcopy) to a friend's house that the same can't easily be done on the ps4 (might be an inconvenience if you have it "tucked away" but it's definitely easy to do)...and it went down hill from there lol

ah, I see.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    So the argument was carrying a 6 pound PS4 would be as easy or as convenient as carrying a 8 ounce portable hard drive. A portable hard drive that you could probably stick in your pockets (key word is PROBABLY for the basics). This $#@! actually took place here.

My mind has to sync back to the asinine absurdity of this place.
    Nope, way off mark

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Lots of MS updates have included what Sony has already been offering though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post

I don't see why Sony needs to take note.

The two main things that they added which Sony does not have are:

• Smart Glass
    • External Storage (don't get me wrong, this one, is definitely a great addition.)

Most of the features they are allowing with this update should have been there already. Apps like Netflix should have never been behind a paywall. Auto sign-in, why wasn't this there already? Name sharing? Why was it added now?

My main point? I don't see how MS are leaving Sony "standing" here. Not with this update.
    The point you both are overlooking is that MS have made at least two significant updates to their console which have made major improvements to the gaming experience for their owners. Ignore what they have versus what the PS4 has versus whatever...that's not the point. It's the speed and frequency at which they are getting their updates out compared to Sony who've not had a major update yet in my view.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    The point you both are overlooking is that MS have made at least two significant updates to their console which have made major improvements to the gaming experience for their owners. Ignore what they have versus what the PS4 has versus whatever...that's not the point. It's the speed and frequency at which they are getting their updates out compared to Sony who've not had a major update yet in my view.
    I made that point earlier on before these consoles launched. MS is very efficient at updating there console while Sony on the other hand haven't been. That's one area where they're lagging badly. Still waiting on resume play!...And streaming demos

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    You don't consider their (Sony's) last update to be major? (1.70)

In terms of classifying an update as major, don't we need to look at what they are adding? I think if we are comparing the frequency of how they are updating, the items they are adding with updates matter.

It could be that one was missing more features vs the other so needed to release two major updates (based on their internal schedule.) Microsoft also released a major update day one (they pretty much had to, for example.)

EDIT

Overall I do see your point now....but I dunno...YoungMullah also brings up a good point with the two things that Sony still hasn't added (but they were mentioned during the announcement.)
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-09-2014 at 14:50.

Forum Overseer
    i do feel overall Sony is lacking features. but i would still rather have a fast OS (because i'm a gamer first) than a slow one with more interesting features. so i'd rather wait for Sony to put out whatever features they can.

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    im disappointed that you can only record up to 5 minutes max of gameplay where on the ps4 its like 15 or something. I could careless about the update additions just give me the games.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMantis View Post
    im disappointed that you can only record up to 5 minutes max of gameplay where on the ps4 its like 15 or something. I could careless about the update additions just give me the games.
    It's 15 minutes, yes. 5 minutes seems rather silly as a "max." Also, PS4 is constantly recording the last 15 minutes of gameplay at all times, whereas by default, the XBO only records the last 30 seconds. You can tweak the record time up to 5 minutes, but that's only for manual recording sessions. You're stuck with the 30 seconds in real-time recording.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Overseer
    it only records 30 seconds in real time? O_O you know, sony was pretty clever from the beginning, you can tell their plan was to make sharing big on the PS4. they dedicated an entire damn button to it. so i'm guessing it takes up a big chunk of the console's resources but after all is said and done, i don't mind because it's a cool feature.

from a gaming perspective, it's an awesome feature to have. although X1 has tons more. sharing is one of the most important ones.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    It's 15 minutes, yes. 5 minutes seems rather silly as a "max." Also, PS4 is constantly recording the last 15 minutes of gameplay at all times, whereas by default, the XBO only records the last 30 seconds. You can tweak the record time up to 5 minutes, but that's only for manual recording sessions. You're stuck with the 30 seconds in real-time recording.
    My only problem with it is I can never get it to chuffing well work the way I want it to. I lose more captured video I want than I keep. Perhaps it's just me.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    My only problem with it is I can never get it to chuffing well work the way I want it to. I lose more captured video I want than I keep. Perhaps it's just me.
    that happens to me about 10% of the times.

Thread Information