Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    This is pretty interesting actually. Between this and the whole movie-theater screening events, I'm keeping up hope that Sony will have a decent show this year. Still, I shall temper my enthusiasm. I do agree though that this probably should have been released a little bit earlier. Sure, it's got no use until monday the way it is, but a slightly earlier release date would likely increase the number of PS4's using it (more time for people to get the word out), not to mention any slow downs that may occur from many people downloading the app at the same time That, and as Lefein was saying, they could have used the app to further drum up hype by adding additional features to it. Still, the app is nice, and it was released when it was. I figure it'll do it's job just fine.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sony releases E3 2014 App - Download naoz!

Lefs exactly right. I know many of you dont think E3 starts till next week.
    The thing is E3 started this week. Just take a look at the trailers posted in the e3 trailer thread, sure they aren't all playstation related but how many of you can tell me all the ps vita games been announced with trailers this week? Why not incorporate a daily trailer release schedule? Count it down, hype it up!
    For the record there are 33 37 trailers already most of which are ps related.

Edit: Updated that thread and yes another vita title in that mix.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mynd; 06-07-2014 at 23:57.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I thought Mynd was kind of right. Use the app as a marketing tool. Release videos and exclusive press releases over it leading up to E3 to drive hype. That's what I would do if I were running things. The whole thing is kind of an incentivized to drive Sony Rewards adoption when you look at it objectively.
    Mynd is so out of the loop, before 360 even had an E3 app SONY had entire dedicated E3 rooms in PS Home where you could watch E3, trailers and even look at items like Vita in 3D before actual release. Additionally, you'd be watching E3 with commentary from other gamers in a virtual cinema.

Not exactly the same, but SONY is far from late.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Mynd is so out of the loop, before 360 even had an E3 app SONY had entire dedicated E3 rooms in PS Home where you could watch E3, trailers and even look at items like Vita in 3D before actual release. Additionally, you'd be watching E3 with commentary from other gamers in a virtual cinema.

Not exactly the same, but SONY is far from late.
    Not sure what that has to do with this year?

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Lefs exactly right. I know many of you dont think E3 starts till next week.
    The thing is E3 started this week. Just take a look at the trailers posted in the e3 trailer thread, sure they aren't all playstation related but how many of you can tell me all the ps vita games been announced with trailers this week? Why not incorporate a daily trailer release schedule? Count it down, hype it up!
    For the record there are 33 37 trailers already most of which are ps related.

Edit: Updated that thread and yes another vita title in that mix.
    Someone tell E3 they got their dates wrong.

Just look at the trailers? You mean the trailers you don't need an app for anyway? I'm assuming this app is more than just stuff I can see on the internet or else what is the point?

Either way, there isn't any use in arguing about this. It is just a damn app for crying out loud. Jesus.....I'm ready for E3 just so we can get past bull$#@! like this and talk about something worth talking about.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

6. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Someone tell E3 they got their dates wrong.

Just look at the trailers? You mean the trailers you don't need an app for anyway? I'm assuming this app is more than just stuff I can see on the internet or else what is the point?

Either way, there isn't any use in arguing about this. It is just a damn app for crying out loud. Jesus.....I'm ready for E3 just so we can get past bull$#@! like this and talk about something worth talking about.
    E3 started, its starts the first announce trailers happen, and you might say "oh but this is stuff on the internet", sure, but isn't having a hub a place to bring it all together and highlight particular games the point?
    Even little things like day early trailers, highlight new vita games etc it all counts towards advertising and sales.
    I see it as a slightly missed opportunity, and one that they could have done worldwide.
    Hopefully they will continue to improve it.

Who wouldn't like access to E3 trailers the moment after they air at the show?
    Skip the middle man, market direct. Hell its worked for Sony so far this gen.

Dedicated Member
    This e3 app ps4 only or can it downloaded on ps3 too?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    This e3 app ps4 only or can it downloaded on ps3 too?
    Good question. I have my PS3 boxed up right now. Perhaps someone can check?

Forum Overseer

I have my PS3 boxed up right now.
    how dare you.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Good question. I have my PS3 boxed up right now. Perhaps someone can check?
    Nope. PS4 only, I guess
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

12. Likes rene2kx likes this post

Thread Information