Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Destiny: PS4/PS3 Users to Get Only Four Days of Beta Early Access Before Xbox

    PlayStation users were promised early access to Destiny‘s beta, but until now the length of that period was unknown. Today, a pop-up ad started appearing on GamesRadar unveiling that detail.

    The ad (that you can see below), links to the official “greatness awaits” PS4 page and specifies that PS4 and PS3 users will get only four days of early access, which is probably less than many expected, specially considered how heavily the perk has been advertised. Of course an ad isn’t to be considered a full confirmation, as it’s not an official announcement by Bungie or Activision, but it’s as close to it as we’ll get for now.

    Update: the videos were hunted down by Activision.


    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/...ootage-leaked/
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Captncoke49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Frederick,MD
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Age
    34
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    2,405 (0 Banked)
    I don't care if it was just a day early, I'm playing it regardless. Not a big deal to me when the others get their chance.

  3. #3
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,472 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    This gif in the comments made me laugh.

    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  4. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
  5. #4
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,724
    Rep Power
    188
    Points
    96,492 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    meh, do people really care? oh yeah you can't play it, i can, lol. really, what is this industry becoming!

  6. #5
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,153
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    14,377 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    When is the beta supposed to start? I'll finally be picking up a ps4 at the end of the week.


  7. #6
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,577
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,760 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    God this exclusive access is just getting stupid! Sony and MS...ffs stop spending money on this meaningless stuff. The only one that I think actually has any weight is the COD one because so many people buy it. But 4 days for early access before Xbox is pointless.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 06-07-2014 at 20:16.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  8. #7
    Superior Member
    Sryche22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Age
    31
    Posts
    766
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    506 (0 Banked)
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    I'm wondering if this is really accurate or not. If it is, I'm wondering who at the business meeting between Bungie and Sony thought this was a good idea (meaning was this Sony's idea or Bungie's?)

    "Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

  9. #8
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,724
    Rep Power
    188
    Points
    96,492 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Good this exclusive access is just getting stupid! Sony and MS...ffs stop spending money on this meaningless stuff. The only one that I think actually has any weight is the COD one because so many people buy it. But 4 days for early access before Xbox is pointless.
    oh i'm sure it definitely helps with sales (don't forget how big destiny is going to be) but it's just dumb. they should come up with better ideas.

  10. #9
    Superior Member
    SkarEffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Age
    29
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    3,085 (0 Banked)
    I hope the game don't suck, I hope the game has life and not boring and has nothing but waves and waves of enemies.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,577
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,760 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I hope the game don't suck, I hope the game has life and not boring and has nothing but waves and waves of enemies.
    I have a feeling it's going to be a refreshing fps experience.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  12. #11
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I have a feeling it's going to be a refreshing fps experience.
    Suggest you guys check out the leaked alpha footage.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  13. #12
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,472 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I have a feeling it's going to be a refreshing fps experience.
    Frankly, I am not optimistic. I'm just worn out on FPS. Maybe this will be the game to revive the genre for me.....but I kinda doubt it. Hope I'm wrong.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  14. #13
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,577
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,760 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Frankly, I am not optimistic. I'm just worn out on FPS. Maybe this will be the game to revive the genre for me.....but I kinda doubt it. Hope I'm wrong.
    I thought all hope was lost on the genre. Wolfenstein have me a glimmer of hope though. If this project was in anyone else hands I would not be optimistic but Bungie refined the fps genre with halo so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  15. #14
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    12,926
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    19,496 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How can I get in on this beta? Do I have to buy a game or pre-order some bull$#@!? I want it for PS3. Is this coming to the store publicly?


  16. #15
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,472 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I thought all hope was lost on the genre. Wolfenstein have me a glimmer of hope though. If this project was in anyone else hands I would not be optimistic but Bungie refined the fps genre with halo so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    Yeah......see that is the other thing. I could never get into Halo. So that pedigree is kind of lost on me. My oldest son is a Halo freak though so I'll definitely be getting this for him. sigh.....I'll try and keep an open mind.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  17. #16
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,087
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,645 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Suggest you guys check out the leaked alpha footage.
    What was wrong with it?

    Also, are you really judging the entire experience by it?

  18. #17
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    What was wrong with it?

    Also, are you really judging the entire experience by it?
    Wha?
    LOL, where did I say there was something wrong with it?
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  19. #18
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    38
    Posts
    20,866
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    28,219 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    4 days why even brother lol

  20. #19
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,577
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,760 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah......see that is the other thing. I could never get into Halo. So that pedigree is kind of lost on me. My oldest son is a Halo freak though so I'll definitely be getting this for him. sigh.....I'll try and keep an open mind.
    I only really liked the first two. 3 was meh to me. But Bungiw imo has a good track record on this department so I have hope that this will be a great game.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  21. #20
    Superior Member
    NotoriousBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near Cincinnati
    Age
    35
    Posts
    763
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    5,529 (0 Banked)
    Couldn't care less. The most important thing is several things actually.

    1) These is a beta, not a demo. More the merrier.
    2) Its "beta" phase is long enough to make proper community feedback changes to the game before it's finished.
    3) People speak their mind throughout the beta to make this a better game.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

  22. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  23. #21
    Superior Member
    bariton1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    PSN ID
    barit
    Age
    32
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    6,610 (0 Banked)
    Take that Xbots !

    No for real what a joke. 4 Days ? Some freaking Betas don´t even work stable for 4 days lol

  24. #22
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,293
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    47,146 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Dumb. I'll just buy the game day 1 and play it. I can wait

  25. #23
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,087
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,645 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Wha?
    LOL, where did I say there was something wrong with it?
    I didn't say anything about you saying there being something wrong with it.

    You also don't need to act so innocent....PS4Freak was looking forward to a refreshing experience to which you said he should check out the leaked footage, why did you make the suggestion? (now please, don't read this as you shouldn't have made the suggestion - no victim card please, I could have been mistaken.)

    I don't think I am reading between the lines here because so far the reaction to the footage has been mixed. Are you going to claim ignorance to that now? Why did you make the suggestion if it wasn't to have him see the footage so he can see and judge it for himself.

    When I think what they showed isn't enough to make that call right now (this should explain my response to you.)

  26. #24
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I didn't say anything about you saying there being something wrong with it.

    You also don't need to act so innocent....PS4Freak was looking forward to a refreshing experience to which you said he should check out the leaked footage, why did you make the suggestion? (now please, don't read this as you shouldn't have made the suggestion - no victim card please, I could have been mistaken.)

    I don't think I am reading between the lines here because so far the reaction to the footage has been mixed. Are you going to claim ignorance to that now? Why did you make the suggestion if it wasn't to have him see the footage so he can see and judge it for himself.

    When I think what they showed isn't enough to make that call right now (this should explain my response to you.)
    Sheesh.
    I haven't seen the footage, I just knew it was about. They both said they were interested, I was just pointing them to it if they want to take a look. I'm not that interested, which is why I haven't bothered with it. I haven't heard any feedback about the alpha footage.
    What are people saying?
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  27. #25
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,087
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,645 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sheesh.
    I haven't seen the footage, I just knew it was about. They both said they were interested, I was just pointing them to it if they want to take a look. I'm not that interested, which is why I haven't bothered with it. I haven't heard any feedback about the alpha footage.
    What are people saying?
    You make it a habit to suggest videos you haven't seen? lol sheesh...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.