Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Simply Insane.

Dedicated Member
    Now that's what I've been waiting for..about time ND showed us what the PS4 is capable of

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I am willing to buy this game just from watching the trailer lol! Can't wait till we get to see some proper gameplay footage!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is gonna be awesome

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Trailer confirmed REAL TIME on ps4
    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.p...&postcount=265

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I heard of this - and wow.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Ultimate Veteran
    When has Naughty Dog ever led us astray? Shame on the doubters! Boo on them.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Now we have 5 sources confirming its real time.
    I have no words. this is also 1080p 60fps? how da $#@!?!

Well then again this ran realtime aswell
    Last edited by Itachi; 06-12-2014 at 04:24.

9. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    realtime doesn't mean $#@!. now it doesn't mean that it can't be gameplay either but realtime can also mean cutscene or something that is in a controlled situation. e.g. MGS4 loading screen snake was realtime. GT photomode (where you have all the pretty environments) is realtime. none of which would be possible in gameplay but it's realtime.

11. Likes TAZ427 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    realtime doesn't mean $#@!. now it doesn't mean that it can't be gameplay either but realtime can also mean cutscene or something that is in a controlled situation. e.g. MGS4 loading screen snake was realtime. GT photomode (where you have all the pretty environments) is realtime. none of which would be possible in gameplay but it's realtime.
    Sufi obviously it's not gameplay that we saw, they are saying real time as in when that camera pulls back, what you saw in the teaser is what you'll be playing. no more pre - recorded cutscenes to break up the action. From the comments by ND it seems like they are even doing away with traditional cutscenes and probably more in line with the order is doing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Sufi obviously it's not gameplay that we saw, they are saying real time as in when that camera pulls back, what you saw in the teaser is what you'll be playing. no more pre - recorded cutscenes to break up the action. From the comments by ND it seems like they are even doing away with traditional cutscenes and probably more in line with the order is doing.

if you can show me somewhere where they are stating that the same models that they're using in the teaser they showed, stays exactly the same in gameplay then i'll agree here.

realtime is too vague. whatever they've said so far is vague. we can assume that it's going to be more true to character models than before and maybe they got it down to where it's virtually the same but until they put it in words that it's going to be exactly the same as it shows there, i'm not going to believe it.

what i will believe is that the game is going to transition from cutscene to gameplay and you won't notice any difference. that doesn't mean that the character is going to stay that detailed...because half the time, we don't even see the face...and even more, people don't zoom in and look for parity with the character details that they saw in the cutscenes. and this sort of detail would be extremely inefficient during gameplay when you're focused on the environment and not necessarily the character's facial hair (or lack of it) or his expressions, lines on face etc.

14. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Lol the same language was used for the order...anyways

I really don't know how else to proof it to you except to serve you with Crow (I see you enjoy eating them) when more info on U4 starts coming out.

Also you might want to go back and read the gow3 reveal trailer, the one that had the 1st Person view then switched to a janky 3rd person view. All of that was rendered in engine and the final game turned out looking better than that trailer

Well I'm make sure to bump this thread to serve you your Crow when the time comes....hopefully RAPTURE doesn't tell me how childish I am being for doing so

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427

While these are 'In-Engine' real time, it doesn't mean they are (or are not) representative of 'In-Game' play visuals. There models used in these cut-scenes are amped up from a digital fidelity perspective, but also many many other aspects of the engine that are normally operating are cut out. Things like AI, random weather, etc. This allows for a much higher fidelity cut-scene that we are observing. I'm all for this, as the CGI to game always bothered me as it all too often had a different lightening, texture, feel, etc.

That said, I'll still maintain that the cutscene while great, isn't 'In-game' play visuals.

I do believe ND will do a great job and we'll have awesome 'In-game' visuals, but I'm not expecting it to be quite as great of visual fidelity as what we saw from this trailer.

EDIT: To clarify 'In-Game' means In-Engine while having control of the game (i.e. you're playing In-Game and not watching a cut-scene displayed 'In-Engine' w/o controls.)
    Last edited by TAZ427; 06-12-2014 at 18:14.

Forum Overseer
    except Order looks nothing close to UC4's teaser. but sure, i'd like to see the language they used.

i'm telling you bro, until we know in more detail, we don't know.

if the character models stayed the same from cutscene to gameplay, they would've been very specific about it.

it would be a pretty big feat if they did do that...and also a pointless one and possibly dumb too. i'd rather they worked on the environment than the character (to that extent).

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    And I'm saying that U4 will be like the order. The order uses the same everything (character models, post processing, AA) for gameplay and cutscene and people are doubting ND?

The team that houses the ICE group. Guess I am being overly optimistic but we shall see

I'll even go further and say that when the game is released, it'll look better than this teaser

Forum Overseer
    And I'm saying that U4 will be like the order. The order uses the same everything (character models, post processing, AA) for gameplay and cutscene and people are doubting ND?

The team that houses the ICE group. Guess I am being overly optimistic but we shall see

i'm afraid you are. you have the 2005 E3 fever right now.

they can use the same engine, they can be under the same team...it doesn't matter because Order does not "look" nearly as good as UC4 did...so it's easier to do the same details for cutscene and gameplay.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    i'm afraid you are. you have the 2005 E3 fever right now.

they can use the same engine, they can be under the same team...it doesn't matter because Order does not "look" nearly as good as UC4 did...so it's easier to do the same details for cutscene and gameplay.
    that settles it, no point going back and forth, when the time comes I'll gladly accept that I was wrong

Forum Overseer
    that settles it, no point going back and forth, when the time comes I'll gladly accept that I was wrong

i don't mind accepting that i was wrong either, just that it would help if they laid it out better. and well, if i'm wrong then i don't get why they did it this way. PS4 is badass but you can always use the power for something else that may have more point to it than facial details.

Forum Overseer
    now i do want to reiterate because i'm not sure if i stated that in this thread. i'm pretty sure that the environment details will be the same. it's the character model i have a problem with, more importantly the facial details.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Yeah I guess in a cutscene form, you don't run unscripted animation blending or AI and other simulations in the background so you get more headroom to push visuals but I think they are using the same models for gameplay. Bruce Straley and Neil Drucman said in the PS blog interview that Drake is already more than twice as much polys as Joel so you can see all the wrinkles and specs on his skin, which albeit vague does imply he was talking about the in game model.

If they are going for in engine realtime cutscenes than you don;t have time to swap higher LOD models anyway

Forum Overseer
    Yeah I guess in a cutscene form, you don't run unscripted animation blending or AI and other simulations in the background so you get more headroom to push visuals but I think they are using the same models for gameplay. Bruce Straley and Neil Drucman said in the PS blog interview that Drake is already more than twice as much polys as Joel so you can see all the wrinkles and specs on his skin, which albeit vague does imply he was talking about the in game model.
    yup. it's vague.

but you tell me, why would they need that much detail in gameplay?

sure, PS4 has tons of resources but they're still limited.

If they are going for in engine realtime cutscenes than you don;t have time to swap higher LOD models anyway
    what makes you say that they can't do that? they did that heavily in Ryse.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Actually that's not difficult to accomplish at all.

Forum Overseer
    not to mention, we've had "in-game" "realtime" cutscenes since PS3/360 came out. some PS2 games had them too. e.g. MGS2.

Master Sage
    yup. it's vague.
    If a small studio such as 'Ready at Dawn' (who has mostly only done handheld games before) can achieve graphics like The Order and have the graphics transition near perfectly in scenes where you control and where you don't then i'm pretty sure a seasoned studio.... not just seasoned but a one that is arguably the most talented gaming studio in the entire world should be able to pull off the same techniques but with much higher fidelity.

They are Naughty Dog and ND also is heavily involved with ICE (bleeding edge tech).

Have they ever mislead you or let you down before?

Forum Overseer
    but they're not misleading you. they're just not telling you in detail. you can interpret it the way you want to. doesn't mean it means specifically that.

Thread Information