Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    This game is going to make or break how I feel towards gaming in the coming years.
    um why?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    That is impressive!
    That sounds quite thought through. Wonder if that's something the dev came up with..?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Dlc in the form of other planets?

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    unless done right, i would not buy the game if it's doing DLC this way.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    I wouldn't imagine so since the whole galaxy should be procedurally generated and therefore all the planets should already exist.

My understanding anyway.

Every planet procedural...

Forum Overseer
    yeah if they tried to slip in DLC that way, i will not buy the game. so i'm gonna make sure if they have plans for DLC and what sort of DLC will it be.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    It'll be the usual then won't it. Armour dlc etc...

8. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    It'll be the usual then won't it. Armour dlc etc...
    lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Every planet procedural...
    Here's an article from Kotaku telling a little more about how it's all done.
    http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/06/18/s...-game-possible

And another form Joystiq with a few snippets about gameplay:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/18/no...t-eaten-by-it/
    Last edited by MajorCynik_; 06-19-2014 at 17:08. Reason: link

Forum Sage
    Interesting game. Looks like it could be quite fun. Loving that the space genre of game is getting a bit of a revival. Between this, Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous the space genre looks to be very healthy right now

PSN ID
    NapoleonSolo61
    i don have a ps4 yet but i will be getting one when this game is released.

Superior Member
    As cool as this game look, what is it about? Is there a story filled with objectives?
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    As cool as this game look, what is it about? Is there a story filled with objectives?
    Wondering that myself. Love the concept. Just hope it isn't one of these simplistic "explore" games.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Overseer
    i think it is mostly that. they did say that you can upgrade your space ship and your suit and stuff of that nature but i can tell from their chatter that it won't have much depth. and that's partially why i'm sure they haven't shown much of it. it's a little annoying that they aren't showing features that would make or break this game.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I hope they allow you to build your own ships, etc. I am foaming at the mouth just thinking of the possibilities with this game! Ever since the Wing Commander days I have been dreaming that someone would make a game like this!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I hope they allow you to build your own ships, etc. I am foaming at the mouth just thinking of the possibilities with this game! Ever since the Wing Commander days I have been dreaming that someone would make a game like this!
    i have two worries though 1) game isn't going to feel deep enough (not even talking about the battle system if there is one). 2) with lack of any direction, it might turn people off.

now i'm all for free style games...there aren't many out there and i have quite an imagination. my concern isn't that the game won't be telling me what to do, my concern is that there isn't going to be much to do. ok there's a rock there, so what? there's water, i don't need to drink it...oh look an animal, alright, cool.

you see where i'm going with this? so far it looks like some sort of a planetarium demo. that's what they don't want it to be but it looks like that. i hope this game is like $20 or less, no way i'd pay more than that.

even if the game had survival elements, i would love it. it doesn't even need a storyline or quests.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    lol I don't even know what the 'point' is yet. I agree with Sufi that flying around and exploring is great for a while but you'll want some sense of purpose at some point. However, this game is really intriguing and I can't wait to see more on it.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Forum Overseer
    i don't even mind the lack of purpose which i agree with. i like games such as mincraft or dayz but they are also very heavy in gameplay. this just seems like a tour than anything.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i have two worries though 1) game isn't going to feel deep enough (not even talking about the battle system if there is one). 2) with lack of any direction, it might turn people off.

now i'm all for free style games...there aren't many out there and i have quite an imagination. my concern isn't that the game won't be telling me what to do, my concern is that there isn't going to be much to do. ok there's a rock there, so what? there's water, i don't need to drink it...oh look an animal, alright, cool.

you see where i'm going with this? so far it looks like some sort of a planetarium demo. that's what they don't want it to be but it looks like that. i hope this game is like $20 or less, no way i'd pay more than that.

even if the game had survival elements, i would love it. it doesn't even need a storyline or quests.
    I have those same worries, depending on how deep they go with the game it will easily make or break it...but if they pull off a Minecraft-esque space sim then I will be like

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Forum Overseer
    one can only hope but eh...maybe the game will grow? i'm just setting my expectations are realistic as possible. since they are a small group, i hope they pay attention to the game once it's out and add more content to it later. possibly expanding the gameplay.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    um why?
    Just b/c this game is exactly what I want....even if it's just an exploration game. I love exploring new worlds. This, to me, is sorta how I think this next gen will be...either it's going to be really next gen and have dense populated worlds....or it's going to come up short like so many games before that promised so much but in the end didn't live up to the promise.

Like I said....this game looks like you'll go to a world....find new creatures....fight a bit....find new locations....find interesting things....find new interesting items to use....randomly meet new ppl....all that stuff.

But if it's just a baron wasteland of "man...this could have been so much better"....it'll be just like any other generation of games with their hype, hope and promise...that just doesn't deliver.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Just b/c this game is exactly what I want....even if it's just an exploration game. I love exploring new worlds. This, to me, is sorta how I think this next gen will be...either it's going to be really next gen and have dense populated worlds....or it's going to come up short like so many games before that promised so much but in the end didn't live up to the promise.

Like I said....this game looks like you'll go to a world....find new creatures....fight a bit....find new locations....find interesting things....find new interesting items to use....randomly meet new ppl....all that stuff.

But if it's just a baron wasteland of "man...this could have been so much better"....it'll be just like any other generation of games with their hype, hope and promise...that just doesn't deliver.
    and that's why i asked, why? i think it will do most of what you're saying but keep in mind that it's an indie game. if it were by some big company that we know will deliver the best experience then i would agree with you. it would define this generation.

but i wouldn't say that this game would make or break the generation. we'll have to wait on Rockstar and the likes to show us what these consoles are capable of when it comes to open worlds.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    and that's why i asked, why? i think it will do most of what you're saying but keep in mind that it's an indie game. if it were by some big company that we know will deliver the best experience then i would agree with you. it would define this generation.

but i wouldn't say that this game would make or break the generation. we'll have to wait on Rockstar and the likes to show us what these consoles are capable of when it comes to open worlds.
    I mean...if it doesn't deliver everything that it looks like it wants to....I'm not going to be all bitter and mad. The game is being made by 4 friggin' guys....so I understand.

But throughout every generation theres hype, hope and promise....and theres like one game that really is the pinnacle of that....and then it disappoints.

I guess I just really want this game to be everything it looks like it will be.

But yes....you are right. Rockstar and GTA among a few other franchises from other teams will be the defining moments of this gen as well.

Apprentice

so stoked about this MP! can't wait!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Gamestop have been releasing great videos about this game this week: http://www.gamespot.com/the-next-big-game-no-mans-sky/

27. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post

Thread Information