TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Dragon Age: Inquisition 10 minute gameplay video

Source
    By Robert Purchese

Release Date:
    Oct 7 2014

Dragon Age top-brass Mark Darrah (executive producer) and Mike Laidlaw (creative director) presented and narrated at 10-minute alpha gameplay demo of Dragon Age: Inquisition on Twitch.

We've captured that video and reposted it, below, for you to watch.

It offers a rare glimpse of the upcoming role-playing game actually being played. We see the top-down tactical - combat with pausing - gameplay in a variety of situations. This is moved to seamlessly by moving the view up and away from the characters. It offers a great chance to take screenshots, apparently. Spells and abilities are colourful and showy, and the battlefield looks anything but boring.

We see Fade Rifts being closed, we get a glimpse at party member Iron Bull's face we also get a look at a female qunari for the first time, apparently.

The BioWare duo touched briefly on the overall length of Dragon Age: Inquisition as well, guesstimating that it would take around 50 hours if you stuck to the storied straight and narrow. "There's a lot of game," said Laidlaw.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Really looking forward to this game. I'm a big RPG fan so this is right up my street.

Looks real nice, as long as it plays nice i'll be having many hours of fun in this world. Not played previous DA games, mainly because i though they looked pants. Didn't test the gameplay so can't speak but watching my little brother play some I didn't feel inspired. However this looks great and i'm excited for it.

The sound of carving your own destiny with mission choices and role-play etc. sounds fun. Interesting to see what total dynamic this really has on the game. Day 1 purchase for me.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    FINALLY! I was beginning to think no one else was interested in this title.

I agree with pretty much every sentence you wrote btw! It's looking good. RPG's always seem to do well on consoles and so if they've nailed the game play and progression then this could be a sleeper hit perhaps

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    FINALLY! I was beginning to think no one else was interested in this title.

I agree with pretty much every sentence you wrote btw! It's looking good. RPG's always seem to do well on consoles and so if they've nailed the game play and progression then this could be a sleeper hit perhaps
    not on your own dude. Sleeper hit? I thought there were loads more peeps interested tbh, could be wrong though.

Skyrim was last RPG i played so this has something to live up to. I know it's fairly different in gameplay style but we'll see. Fingers crossed then

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I love technology. The stuff they can do with machines is just....

Loved Origins....2, not so much.

Bioware get no points for story, their stuff is always on the money! Love my RPG's, Just finished modding my Skyrim (6 week adventure in itself!!) Looking forward to this things release, every time i log into origin i see the pre-order offer...SOOOOOO tempted, never pre-ordered before (ugly practise imo) but on the fence for this one >_<

As much as i want to represent and goof around on PS4, all my saves are on PC (hundreds of hours worth >_<). Excited to see how the witch hunt decisions play out....if at all! i remember Mass Effect! xD

But man, this game is shaping up to be great! Liked the little details with the dragon (ie. actually fighting a dragon, hacking away at it's legs, shooting it's head etc)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information