Thread: Vita's E3-Games

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

Vita's E3-Games

So there's a few games that got announced for the Vita at the E3... Not much, but some...
    CounterSpy
    Danganronpa 2
    Entwinted
    Grim Fandango
    Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
    Natural Doctrine
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - New 'n' Tasty
    Tales Of Hearts

Personally not that interested in much... I only found some interest for Grim Fandango, it sounds like a good game so I'm waiting for that.. But other than that? Disappointment. Loads of it.

What're your ideas/comments/feelings about the amazing E3 for the Vita..?

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Grim Fandango is one of the greatest "point & click" adventure games ever made, new players may not get it like with many classics being rereleased on PSN but I dunno, I'm hyped for it though.

We knew about Tales of Hearts R already so no shocker there really. Pretty poor showing overall but hopefully we haven't seen the last from #JRPGVITA and Shahid is apparently really pushing for Type-0 to be released where it actually should be (sigh), can't ask much more from him really.

Overall it's mainly Sony's fault for not investing any first party support from which 3rd party interest and consumer interest will grow. SCEJ, Japanese 3rd party and indies are pretty much all we're gonna continue to see it seems.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Dog$#@! is my opinion.

This video sums it up for me.

If you can get past his voice and listen to the approx 25 minutes worth all points raised are very true.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    CounterSpy!
    Be Together - Not the same.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    The lack of excitement for Danganronpa 2 depresses me.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Grim Fandango is one of the greatest "point & click" adventure games ever made, new players may not get it like with many classics being rereleased on PSN but I dunno, I'm hyped for it though.

We knew about Tales of Hearts R already so no shocker there really. Pretty poor showing overall but hopefully we haven't seen the last from #JRPGVITA and Shahid is apparently really pushing for Type-0 to be released where it actually should be (sigh), can't ask much more from him really.

Overall it's mainly Sony's fault for not investing any first party support from which 3rd party interest and consumer interest will grow. SCEJ, Japanese 3rd party and indies are pretty much all we're gonna continue to see it seems.
    I love those old point and clickers. Lucasarts made some awesome ones back in the day. Loom was one of my favorites.

But yeah, Sony has given up on Vita as anything other than a PS4 peripheral. They have already said you can forget about AAA games from them. Frankly, that sucks. I'll continue to buy and support the third party games until Sony gets its head out of its ass.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well I'll still be purchasing my Vita games (and the Vita TV) so I will be supporting it for a long time. It's such an amazing handheld however I do have to say that mobiles and tablets won't be able to play the PS Now games properly, the technology is still not quite there yet.

There are SO many games coming out on the Vita soon that it's not even funny and Sony really need to start marketing the Vita again properly. IF they did then I bet they would sell the Vita like hotcakes with the games coming to it, but will they? Doesn't seem like it.

I'm just glad that I do own one though, love the device to bits.

7. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Well I'll still be purchasing my Vita games (and the Vita TV) so I will be supporting it for a long time. It's such an amazing handheld however I do have to say that mobiles and tablets won't be able to play the PS Now games properly, the technology is still not quite there yet.

There are SO many games coming out on the Vita soon that it's not even funny and Sony really need to start marketing the Vita again properly. IF they did then I bet they would sell the Vita like hotcakes with the games coming to it, but will they? Doesn't seem like it.

I'm just glad that I do own one though, love the device to bits.
    Same. I really think we need the 64gb asap. I'm starting to think of culling some games on the card, or looking to physical games.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    It is real shame the of support vita gets:/ they couldn't put a teaser for gravity rush 2 or something maybe it'll show up in the tokyo event. It looks more like the vita will become an add-on to the ps4.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Well least PS Vita TV is coming and im planning on buying a Vita anyway despite not much showing at E3 and marketing.
    Playing - Tales of Hearts R,Persona 4 Golden,
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Like it's already been said it's shame that there where no massive new IP's for the Vita but doesn't take any of my love away from it! Looking forward to playing Grim Fandango though so at least there's something!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I think Sony is saving the Vita love for TGS

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    I think Sony is saving the Vita love for TGS
    Let's hope so. Japan is certainly showing Vita more love than anyone else. Maybe it is all the games? pffffft....nah, must be remote play.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    TGS will be the complete opposite with about 90% focus on Vita and 10% on PS4. Actually no, Vita didn't even get that at E3.

It was also pretty funny how I didn't notice SCEA had renamed Vita TV to PlayStation TV, I only learnt that when I hit up Gaf afterwards. SCEA really do want to forget Vita happened.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    TGS will be the complete opposite with about 90% focus on Vita and 10% on PS4. Actually no, Vita didn't even get that at E3.

It was also pretty funny how I didn't notice SCEA had renamed Vita TV to PlayStation TV, I only learnt that when I hit up Gaf afterwards. SCEA really do want to forget Vita happened.
    Layden called Vita one of their "pillars" during his speech. I chuckled.

Thread Information