Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

HELP BF4 Sprinting issue!

For the past two weeks I've been experiencing issues in every match I've joined, every time I try to sprint for cover or just to get somewhere my character either stops sprinting or just stops moving. at first I thought this was only a temporary issue but its been a little over two weeks since i started experiencing this problem and its starting to frustrate me. Yesterday I searched for possible solutions but it seems like there isn't a clear cut solution to this. I tried resetting the controller and I even called Sony but the guy I spoke to was of no help, he just asked me to wait and try it today because the servers were under maintenance. I haven't tried it yet but I wanted to see if any of you have experienced this issue and is so how did you solve it. I experience this problem when I jump in a vehicles too, they don't move forward or they just come to a complete stop, and Im like WTF!

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Forum Overseer

you have to move the controller away when you're about to j!zz.

EDIT: but for real though, only thing i can say is to clean out your controller and i wouldn't do that on a DS4...it seems complicated.

other than that, yeah, just be more careful next time. it seems like something sticky went inside the controller. e.g. j!zz. can't think of what else.
    Last edited by Omar; 06-11-2014 at 22:15.

3. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Maybe your DS4 is losing sync??

(due to $#@!)

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    ITs the game not your controller.
    I have noticed similar things and so have my platoon mates, we got talking about it a few weeks ago on Teamspeak, complaining that your guy suddenly stops sprinting or strafing or doesn't jump when the button is pressed. ITs usually only for a brief period so you can often think "oh I didn't press the button" or "didn't press it hard enough" but that is not the case.

I play on PC with wired keyboard and mouse so no de sync is occurring.

lol
    I keep my controller clean and away from any $#@!, dust, or kids with dirty hands. A friend experienced the same issue but it was only for a few days. I haven't tried a different game yet but I'll do that today and if its a persistent issue with other games I'll pick up a new controller and send this one in for warranty.

Forum Overseer

yeah, definitely try that. i had some issue, i'm thinking possible j!zz residue (what else?) and my controller would just not respond consistently when i'd turn half-speed.

i tried to open the controller, got scared at the beginning of it...seemed complicated.

now i keep washcloths with me.
    Last edited by Omar; 06-11-2014 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Maybe your DS4 is losing sync??

(due to $#@!)
    Can i re-sync by just connecting it directly to the USB cable or do you have to take other steps to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    ITs the game not your controller.
    I have noticed similar things and so have my platoon mates, we got talking about it a few weeks ago on Teamspeak, complaining that your guy suddenly stops sprinting or strafing or doesn't jump when the button is pressed. ITs usually only for a brief period so you can often think "oh I didn't press the button" or "didn't press it hard enough" but that is not the case.

I play on PC with wired keyboard and mouse so no de sync is occurring.
    I also thought it was because I wasn't pressing the button hard enough but the issue was more apparent the more I played, to the point where I couldn't move at all.

Forum Overseer

if it's not resyncing, then your light will be off. if it's off, you can press the start button to resync.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    yeah, definitely try that. i had some issue, i'm thinking possible j!zz residue (what else?) and my controller would just not respond consistently when i'd turn half-speed.

i tried to open the controller, got scared at the beginning of it...seemed complicated.

now i keep wash clothes with me.
    I did think of opening the controller but then that might void the warranty so I skipped on that idea.
    By the way does your kid game on your account? a few weeks ago a joined in one of your matches but its seemed like you were confused just running around. lol

if it's not resyncing, then your light will be off. if it's off, you can press the start button to resync.
    gotcha, yeah I've tried that then.

Forum Overseer

i remember you had joined my room about a couple of week ago. i was doing bad because i kept trying to do something and kept dying. other than that, my son plays on a different account, he shouldn't be on mine. XD

i remember you had joined my room about a couple of week ago. i was doing bad because i kept trying to do something and kept dying. other than that, my son plays on a different account, he shouldn't be on mine. XD
    Oh alright. Yeah I was wondering what the $#@! you were doing in that match hence why i fallowed you for a bit trying to figure out if could learn a thing from your play style, I guess I picked the wrong match to learn from you lol.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    Oh alright. Yeah I was wondering what the $#@! you were doing in that match hence why i fallowed you for a bit trying to figure out if could learn a thing from your play style, I guess I picked the wrong match to learn from you lol.
    haha yeah, sometimes i'll just $#@! around. what was i doing?

as for learning the game, i would not suggest learning what i do, what you need is information about the game and with that knowledge, you find your own style.

and what i can do is that i can give you that knowledge and you can do what you want with it. you could've just asked man. if you want, we can set up a time to do some practice. and we'll go from there, depending on which gun or what style you want to learn. we'll talk.

EDIT: were you good at see-saw? if you were, imagine keeping the see-saw in the middle even if you had weight distribution being conducted randomly. if you think you'd be good at that, you can be good at this game. i'll tell you what i mean when we play.

haha yeah, sometimes i'll just $#@! around. what was i doing?

as for learning the game, i would not suggest learning what i do, what you need is information about the game and with that knowledge, you find your own style.

and what i can do is that i can give you that knowledge and you can do what you want with it. you could've just asked man. if you want, we can set up a time to do some practice. and we'll go from there, depending on which gun or what style you want to learn. we'll talk.

EDIT: were you good at see-saw? if you were, imagine keeping the see-saw in the middle even if you had weight distribution being conducted randomly. if you think you'd be good at that, you can be good at this game. i'll tell you what i mean when we play.
    Well when I joined the match there was about a quarter left before it ended, we were playing on the Lancang Dam. You were running towards the maintains that are located by echo with some kind of ground launcher. I wasn't sure if you were controlling it or if it was firing on its own.
    I totally get what your saying about learning the game and finding your play style, I was just curious to see what you do. I started off by using the engineer class but have moved to the assault class with the medic package but I been thinking about trying the scout class just to see what I can do with it.

Not sure what you mean by see-saw, but yeah I'll join one of your matches when i see you on so you can explain it better.

Forum Overseer

basically, if you learn this one little simple thing, you would have learned half the game.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post

Guys! I think its the $#@!ing controller. I tried single player on BF4 and COD Ghost and the problem continued there too. I'm sending it in for warranty tomorrow and picking a new one up today.

Forum Overseer

more than likely it just needs cleaning. but yeah, better to send it in than mess with it yourself.

Yeah. I was just noticing the rubber on that same stick is pealing, hopefully they can replace that too, wonder if the new ones are made with a sturdier rubber.

Forum Overseer

some of the controllers are faulty. it still sucks to pay for shipping. they should cover that.

Yeah they should, but its cheaper than buying another one. I don't really need two controllers rite now but I gotta get my gaming fix this weekend and I'm sure I wont be seeing this controller for at least a week.

Thread Information