Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Why is this allowed on PSU forums?

1. Religion or belief bashing.
    Everyone has his or her own thoughts, opinions, and beliefs about a subject, from atheists to christians to muslams. Why does PSU allow members to bash each other and bash each other's opinion? You got members on here constantly bashing opinions and beliefs and it's allowed because it's not "science"? Here's the thing, why does it even matter whether or not it's science? It's someone's core belief or opinion, so just because it's not science you dismantle it degrade it and etc.? This is not professional and that's why a LOT of gaming forums or forums in general ban religious discussions or ban religion bashing. No muslim, no christian, no religion follower wants to come on this forum and get jumped on just for saying, "Thank God".

2. Girl/woman bashing.
    This forum has a LOT of males on it, but does that mean the constant degrading of women on this forum should be allowed? Yes, I understand that some male members on here have very low opinions of women, but you just get tired of hearing them gripe about it and degrade women over and over again. It ranges from calling women lowly intelligent, inappropriate degrading sexual jokes, and etc. Yes, you have the right to think and view women as sex objects only, that is your right. But it's wrong when the things said are just plain outright nasty and degrading. There are a few women gamers on this forum, that is discouraging to us.

So why does PSU allow these things? Is it because most of the members are male? Is it because a lot of the members have opposite beliefs? If the rules actually cover these things, can a mod show me where?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    1. Because it's the internet.

2. As above.

The internet is probably not the best place to hang out if easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

3. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can't speak for every occurrence outside of 'tongue-in-cheek'. But if there's something you feel seriously enough about then please let us as staff know via PM etc.

And Shafty, no, "this is the internet" is not good enough I'm afraid.
    I am the oncoming storm.

5. Likes welshboymick likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    It probably isnt allowed, just that the htread that sparked you off on this is 3 years old and got forgotten about.
    Also Atheism was getting bashed as well.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-11-2014 at 21:46.

Elite Sage
    Be the bigger person and ignore it all. As (John) Shafty said, you shouldn't let it get under your skin.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

8. Likes Kwes , 33x , -Shafty- likes this post
    Forum Elder
    1. I don't see much religion bashing.

2. You know when a bunch of girls get together, what do you talk about most? Guys.. That's what goes on here so don't take anything personally.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post

No but that is the way it is. Sure, you can try and police it but you can't babysit everybody. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

(BTW i have no idea what threads have sparked this outrage)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    No but that is the way it is. Sure, you can try and police it but you can't babysit everybody. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

No I know - and that would be impossible if we tried.

I was saying if there was a specific incident (that's within our reach), we shouldn't shrug it off as just the internet being itself.
    I am the oncoming storm.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    No I know - and that would be impossible if we tried.

I was saying if there was a specific incident (that's within our reach), we shouldn't shrug it off as just the internet being itself.
    Isn't that what the report button is for?

Im sorry, i just have an annoyance to the outspoken minority that try and get everything censored because they need to grow up a bit.

(ps i don't mean you black wolf, im talking generally)

13. Likes 33x likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post

This is one of America's problems. Trying to please everyone, well lawyers do anyway. I say GTFO if u don't like something.

Not u wolf..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Technical Advisor
    Freedom of speech Wolf. Censorship gets people nowhere, and I'd have as little of it as humanly possible.

I know that people who post here are from all over (although you are from the US) but it is generally understood in western democracies that people have the right to voice their opinion, even if it is unpleasant.

Friendship is Carrots
    1) Just because you or anyone else believes something doesn't mean it's above scrutiny or humility.

"No muslim, no christian, no religion follower wants to come on this forum and get jumped on just for saying, "Thank God"."

Where and when has this ever happened? You're always exaggeration this 'bashing' religion receives on here. Having criticisms for or stating it to be false is not religious bashing, nor is it an attack on the followers of that religion. You can't label anything that disagrees with you as an attack. It's unfair and dangerous.

2) I don't see any women bashing on here. Can you link me to any examples? If not, then just report it in the future.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

17. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Veteran
    I can't speak for every occurrence outside of 'tongue-in-cheek'. But if there's something you feel seriously enough about then please let us as staff know via PM etc.

Okay, I'll try to remember to send a pm to a staff member and then if there's lack of response post a thread.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It probably isnt allowed, just that the htread that sparked you off on this is 3 years old and got forgotten about.
    Also Atheism was getting bashed as well.
    Where? My whole time here, I've never seen someone come on here and bash atheism, unless it's in retaliation for an antheist bashing his or her religion.

P.S. I don't understand why a 3 year old thread was revived. Someone really had to search through the archives to find that thread!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Be the bigger person and ignore it all. As (John) Shafty said, you shouldn't let it get under your skin.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    It doesn't bother me because I understand everyone is different. It's just very unwelcoming and unfriendly and it's really flat out unprofessional and flamey.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    1. I don't see much religion bashing.

2. You know when a bunch of girls get together, what do you talk about most? Guys.. That's what goes on here so don't take anything personally.

1. I see it all the time. All I have to do is go into a thread that's positive and say, "Thank you God". It's happened to me and it happened to another christian or religious member who no longer frequents PSU.

2. A lot of the forums that are a predominant gender or race do not permit bashing another group. It doesn't look good and is just unfriendly.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Black Wolf,

You're wasting your time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Freedom of speech Wolf. Censorship gets people nowhere, and I'd have as little of it as humanly possible.

I know that people who post here are from all over (although you are from the US) but it is generally understood in western democracies that people have the right to voice their opinion, even if it is unpleasant.
    This is going off topic, but I get the right to voice your opinion. However, when does your opinion and actions count as discrimination?

Elite Sage

Why is this allowed on PSU forums?

You're definitely one of the more sensitive users on this website.

In all my years here, including my ok account so we are talking a span of 7-8 years, I've never noticed half of the things you've complained about. Especially people bashing religion. You really need to prove these claims otherwise they're purely baseless accusations.

There are many members on here with different beliefs yet none have ever came out and said they felt they had been treated in the ways you've said.

PSU is actually one of the more tolerable and pleasant forums to be on. God forbid you stumble across a forum where members do actually attack other members

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Last edited by BBK..; 06-11-2014 at 23:15.

25. Likes 33x likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Personally, I like that PSU isn't too politically correct.

NeoGAF bans people for having opinions or preferences the mods don't like. It's annoying and it's made me ignore a lot of topics on there.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Personally, I like that PSU isn't too politically correct.

NeoGAF bans people for having opinions or preferences the mods don't like. It's annoying and it's made me ignore a lot of topics on there.
    NeoGaf bans people for breaking rules.. here, not so much going on with enforcement. It's annoying as hell to see so many threads go on a tangent, which is why the activity is poor here. People see it and decide they'd rather not waste time posting on topic only for it to get derailed quite regularly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    1) Just because you or anyone else believes something doesn't mean it's above scrutiny or humility.

"No muslim, no christian, no religion follower wants to come on this forum and get jumped on just for saying, "Thank God"."

Where and when has this ever happened? You're always exaggeration this 'bashing' religion receives on here. Having criticisms for or stating it to be false is not religious bashing, nor is it an attack on the followers of that religion. You can't label anything that disagrees with you as an attack. It's unfair and dangerous.

2) I don't see any women bashing on here. Can you link me to any examples? If not, then just report it in the future.
    1. I can't remember the exact date, but all I have to do is say, "God is good" and it'll happen.

That's not what I'm talking, I'm talking about people who go far beyond calling a religion false. Calling a religion not true is not bashing it, I agree.

2. Check out the thread keefy is talking about. I've seen worse on here, what's in that thread is light.

I'll just pm a mod or report from now on.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    You're definitely one of the more sensitive users on this website.

In all my years here, including my ok account so we are talking a span of 7-8 years, I've never noticed half of the things you've complained about. Especially people bashing religion. You really need to prove these claims otherwise they're purely baseless accusations.

There are many members on here with different beliefs yet none have ever came out and said they felt they had been treated in the ways you've said.

PSU is actually one of the more tolerable and pleasant forums to be on. God forbid you stumble across a forum where members do actually attack other members

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Too late, I've been on a forum where members attack EACH OTHER, not their opinions and thoughts. It has 200 members online and is very active. Threads get locked and members banned every day.

Last but not least you keep bringing up my sensitivity. Am I really sensitive since the stuff is really happening and members get banned and threads locked?

I'll just let this thread die. I'll pm staff here on.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    NeoGaf bans people for breaking rules.. here, not so much going on with enforcement. It's annoying as hell to see so many threads go on a tangent, which is why the activity is poor here. People see it and decide they'd rather not waste time posting on topic only for it to get derailed quite regularly.
    NeoGAF purged dozens of members from a recent thread simply because they preferred to play as a male character in RPGs. That's all they said, and they were banned.

I'm just referring to moderation in regards to political correctness, since that's what this thread is about.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    NeoGAF purged dozens of members from a recent thread simply because they preferred to play as a male character in RPGs. That's all they said, and they were banned.

I'm just referring to moderation in regards to political correctness, since that's what this thread is about.
    Oh ok... that is another ballgame. The general idea of members attacking one another is still at play though, regardless if it's specific to religion, sexual orientation, etc. It's a broad scope.

Thread Information