Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023

Tennis games on PS4 ?

Kinda surprised that there are no any tennis games on PS4. watching Roland Garros and now Wimbledon is around the corner made me wanna play tennis so badly. I was hoping to see something at E3 maybe from EA or something but was so disappointed. Anyone else a Tennis fan ?

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I haven't played a Tennis game in years. It was either Top Spin or Virtua Tennis, however there hasn't really been a proper Tennis game since 2011 which is a shame.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Tennis is one of the few sports where the women are as high profile as the men.

4. Likes rene2kx likes this post
    I play tennis in real life and I think it is pretty hard (if not impossible) to put the tennis feeling into a video game.

I used to play a tennis game back then on Game Boy, which was fun then. But expectations to a game have grown a lot over the years...

So my recommendation would be: grab a racket and go out to play tennis yourself!
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I just wonder why companies don't pay much attention to this sport. I don't know what the sales of the previous games were but i'm sure a game like this will sell more than the likes of (The Show - NFL - NHL ) which don't have much fans outside US.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Since the lack of an announcement, I'lll be buying top spin for ps3 + psmove. Get my Johnny McEnroe on. Yelling at the TV. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS?!? I suggest you do the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Top-Spin-4-Pla.../dp/B0043QL2DG

I just wonder why companies don't pay much attention to this sport. I don't know what the sales of the previous games were but i'm sure a game like this will sell more than the likes of (The Show - NFL - NHL ) which don't have much fans outside US.
    As for this, I agree possibly with the NHL as it has the smallest fan base of the "major sports". MLB The Show is a system seller for baseball fans & a Sony exclusive. Its going nowhere. All but running its competitor into the ground(MLB 2k). Baseball is an international sport, as it has a large amount of fans in Japan, Canada, Mexico and tons of South American countries. Going back to Hockey, The Canucks invented it. So it is very much their sport. We just adopted it much like them with the Toronto Bluejays. Not only that but in Russia, hockey is king. Its also well followed in Germany, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden etc. Now on to football, there are enough fans in the United States to justify them to not need an international audience, that is how big the NFL is here in the states. Its actually such a rabid fan base that we will buy games annually with basically no improvements from year to year aside from player ratings! Though Madden 15 looks a lot better. Anyways...

Hopefully they bring back Top Spin for the Ps4, just won't be anytime soon :\
    Last edited by OregonViking; 06-13-2014 at 18:54.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    Since the lack of an announcement, I'lll be buying top spin for ps3 + psmove. Get my Johnny McEnroe on. Yelling at the TV. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS?!?
    Problem with buying a Tennis game on PS3 is i don't think they will still be popular Online wise.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Problem with buying a Tennis game on PS3 is i don't think they will still be popular Online wise.
    If there are playstation tennis gaming fans, they are playing on either Top Spin 4 or Grand Slam Tennis 2. As its the lastest available options. I'm sure the numbers are low, but even the utterly hacked apart Red Dead Redemption online they still have significant traffic on the servers.

Dedicated Member
    Virtua tennis on dreamcast is still king far as tennis games go. I've never spent as much time as i did on that game. Top spin on xbox (and later other platforms) also managed to establish itself reasonably well. But in recent years, they've dried up. The thing is, ea doesn't do tennis games. If ea did them, you'd be seeing a new tennis game out every year, even if it meant in typical ea fashion little to no improvement over last year.

11. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Virtua tennis on dreamcast is still king far as tennis games go. I've never spent as much time as i did on that game. Top spin on xbox (and later other platforms) also managed to establish itself reasonably well. But in recent years, they've dried up. The thing is, ea doesn't do tennis games. If ea did them, you'd be seeing a new tennis game out every year, even if it meant in typical ea fashion little to no improvement over last year.
    Well, the market is empty now and someone should fill it.

13. Likes keefy likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Well, the market is empty now and someone should fill it.
    Maybe they are waiting for Project Morpheus to realize? VR Tennis? Sign me up..

15. Likes John Willaford likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by Slaystation View Post
    I play tennis in real life and I think it is pretty hard (if not impossible) to put the tennis feeling into a video game.

And of course it better than Top Spin and especially better than Virtua Tennis. Yea, 2K should make new tennis game for next-gen.

Dedicated Member
    Top Shot and Virtua are both wonderful. Top Shot is one of the few XB games I enjoyed. I only have and will only have PS4 though, so, either Top Shot comes to PC or I miss out i guess. Sega needs to bring me Virtual Tennis VR for Morpheus! Agreed!

Gonna need a 6x9ft plexiglass shield for my entertainment center if that happens!!!
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

So far, over 70 games have been announced for PlayStation 4, including a slew of straight-up exclusive titles and several more that are console-exclusive. So far, their library spans from the holiday 2013 launch to 2015, with projects from developers such as Square-Enix, Zombie Studios, and CD Projekt Red.

PSN ID
    Blazergamer007
    I actually have 2 tennis games on PS3...Virtua Tennis 4 and Grand Slam tennis 2. GS2 is from EA is actually quite good and online is still active. You have a mode where you have to play against legends like Martina Navratilova and Boris Becker and the commentary from McEnroe and Pat Cash are one of the best I've seen in a EA sports game.

VT from Sega is more arcade but it's fun with cool mini games. There is a 3d mode that can be cool if you have it on your tv. Both games also support the Move controller.

Unfortunately because most game reviewers don't know squat about sports these tennis games didn't get the praise they deserve and didn't sell well so I doubt that they will release a new game for Next-Gen.

Last edited by Blazergamer; 08-04-2014 at 21:29.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    you have to give it some time., the ps 4 is still young.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    honestly the tennis game where I had the best sensations with PS move was Sports champions (but the movement is handled strangely), Grand slam tennis makes net play too powerful, VT is too arcady and is not even a sports game as the movements and ball impact are totally unreal

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    I play Grand Slam JUST because it has McEnroe.

Thread Information