Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    It just comes down to a 'you can't please everybody' scenario. Sure maybe Destiny could have had seamless planetary travel. But maybe that would have meant shrinking the universe, or removing assets or textures or lighting or physics, etc, etc.

Still tho, it's good to push the wants and needs home to the Devs, so they understand what areas consumers would like improvement. I can dig it.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    It just comes down to a 'you can't please everybody' scenario. Sure maybe Destiny could have had seamless planetary travel. But maybe that would have meant shrinking the universe, or removing assets or textures or lighting or physics, etc, etc.

Still tho, it's good to push the wants and needs home to the Devs, so they understand what areas consumers would like improvement. I can dig it.
    well if it's an MMO i expect it to be completely seamless. if it's not an MMO (which i'm leaning more towards after looking at how it works), then it's like a next-gen borderlands+halo. which is fine, and makes sense why they're not charging to play their servers because they don't need large servers for it.

maybe they designed it this way on purpose and figured, hey, we can include the PS3 and the 360 because our game doesn't need next-gen capabilities necessarily.

PSU Live Streamer
    Well Bungie has gone on record indicating the game is intended to have a 10yr life cycle. I can't imagine they'd let their 500mil dollar project be bottled necked for 10 years because of consoles still around in the first 1 or 2. That would be a poor business move trade off for some more early sales.

That aside though. You can purchase ship customizations. So ships are going to be used in some fashion. Seems pointless to have ship upgrades and customizations for just a loading screen. Tho I guess they may be planning areas for ship pvp or pve down the road. Who knows.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I guess we will find out soon enough when the game releases.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Well Bungie has gone on record indicating the game is intended to have a 10yr life cycle. I can't imagine they'd let their 500mil dollar project be bottled necked for 10 years because of consoles still around in the first 1 or 2. That would be a poor business move trade off for some more early sales.

That aside though. You can purchase ship customizations. So ships are going to be used in some fashion. Seems pointless to have ship upgrades and customizations for just a loading screen. Tho I guess they may be planning areas for ship pvp or pve down the road. Who knows.
    This.

10 year life cycle and we're not even out of the gates yet....I bet you even in 2-3 years this game will have been patched and upgraded several times...this is a hell of a starting point.

"Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

Forum Overseer
    well i highly doubt they're going to change the core design moving forward. maybe they might show something that emulates it...possibly...but something like that would just not be possible at this point.

not unless they said, ok we're going to stop supporting the PS3 and 360, patch the game all over again and make the entire game seamless.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Every time I played Destiny last night, everybody was gone.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Every time I played Destiny last night, everybody was gone.
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    See this is the problem with the being the messenger of the gods. Everybody wants to shoot you.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I love it! Can't wait for the beta and then the release. What I really like is how $#@!ing hard those bosses can be even with three of you. Even though they are a challenge they never feel a chore.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

10. Likes PhillyPhreak, Captncoke49 likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Its just halo for the ps4 to me, thanks darky tho!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    i farking love the game. it plays so good and smooth!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    huh?
    There was nobody in the Tower, I was by myself. Even on earth, I have not seen anybody.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    There was nobody in the Tower, I was by myself. Even on earth, I have not seen anybody.
    that happened to me too, i think it depends on connections, time of day etc. at least thats what happened when i first booted up the game, the next few times there were a bunch of players around me

PSN ID
    James21291
    Destiny is by far the most fun i've had playing a shooter since halo 3.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The only major issue I have with the game is the quick enemy respawning.

You clear out a bunch of enemies, and then those exact same enemies pop right back after 10 seconds. It makes you feel like you're not accomplishing anything by killing enemies (except for meta reasons, like upgrades and money).

Overall though, the game is very high-quality. And most importantly, the core gameplay feels very good.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The only major issue I have with the game is the quick enemy respawning.

You clear out a bunch of enemies, and then those exact same enemies pop right back after 10 seconds. It makes you feel like you're not accomplishing anything by killing enemies (except for meta reasons, like upgrades and money).

Overall though, the game is very high-quality. And most importantly, the core gameplay feels very good.
    That's one thing I noticed as well. Game plays GREAT. Smooth and responsive. Quests are great, but the respawn time for enemies is ridiculous. I think once you've cleared an area out it should be at least a couple minutes before they appear again. If you activate a beacon for a quest there, that should respawn them as well.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Been playing it since 4pm. Quick respawn enemies are annoying as is the hoverbike control when turnin.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    that happened to me too, i think it depends on connections, time of day etc. at least thats what happened when i first booted up the game, the next few times there were a bunch of players around me
    I haven't seen a bunch of people since day 1. Lol.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Does it run on Dedicated servers ? or p2p ?

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    As far as I know it's dedicated. I would think a game like this would have to run on dedicated servers. Couldn't picture this being p2p.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Game looks great, stages are bigger than I expected, kept finding new paths to new areas, and that's without some of the underground stuff I wasn't sufficiently leveled to handle. Suspect the game will be better with other people, but I didn't really run into too many other people last night, and no one invited me into a fire team. Did manage to complete one group event, the downed satellite, but got killed pretty quick by the 6 legged tank.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    really it's pathetic that an indie game has done something way more interesting. again, not knocking on the gameplay because i'm sure it's going to be amazing but think about it, if it actually had interplanetary travel...and come on, we all know this is Halo...i mean, can you fathom? it would be my #1 game.

but why oh why did they have to choose to support weaker platforms!?

Destiny is possible on 360 and PS3 but guess what, No Man's Sky isn't. that's the sad reality of the gaming industry.
    no man sky could be possible on the PS3 / X360....the graphics wouldn't look as good, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible?

...maybe this is exactly how Bungie wanted to design their game and being able to support all platform was the "perk." Anyway, I'm liking the game so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    oh of course. it's an indie game. i'm just saying, it's possible to make these worlds now...a small company has done it with a game. yes, they don't have other things going on that Destiny will but come on...it's Bungie, i know they would've been able to get it to work. the only reason i believe they possibly weren't able to implement this is because you'd need a lot of RAM to be able to make it seamless.

well, PS3 and 360 don't have that much RAM, that is the only reason why you'd ever need to take out the data and load new one. is when you don't have enough RAM. if a small company can do seamless then a big legendary company should be able to do it too.
    ...everything has a cost, Sufi, come on....how can you not realize that? an open seamless world like no man's sky is something Bungie could have done, but look at what no man's sky is doing vs Destiny..
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-15-2014 at 03:05.

Forum Sage
    oopps

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    way to smooth to be p2p

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    no man sky could be possible on the PS3 / X360....the graphics wouldn't look as good, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible?

...maybe this is exactly how Bungie wanted to design their game and being able to support all platform was the "perk." Anyway, I'm liking the game so far!

...everything has a cost, Sufi, come on....how can you not realize that? an open seamless world like no man's sky is something Bungie could have done, but look at what no man's sky is doing vs Destiny..
    i don't believe that just because no man's sky has seamless worlds/universes that it is the reason for the lack of much gameplay in the game. it's an indie game, even if they wanted to add more, they couldn't. so they kept it simple. indie isn't supposed to compete against AAA titles.

and Destiny doesn't need infinite galaxies. that wouldn't make sense for a game like Destiny anyway where things needs to be scripted. point being, they could've easily made the game seamless but then it wouldn't work on all platforms.

Thread Information