Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

3D movies worth watching

So.. Got myself a new TV which supports 3D, so why not use it?

I'm already getting Up & Gravity but I'm wondering if there's more movies that people say are quite awesome with the 3D?

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon has some decent action sequences in wonderful 3D.

Prometheus, more awesome 3D

Avatar, pretty much re-invented the way 3D film is. You MUST get this in 3D.

Other animated Pixar films in 3D. Those will stand out.

Now, get your gaming on in 3D too!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon has some decent action sequences in wonderful 3D.

Prometheus, more awesome 3D

Avatar, pretty much re-invented the way 3D film is. You MUST get this in 3D.

Other animated Pixar films in 3D. Those will stand out.
    Definitely getting pixar movies! Also am definitely getting 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' which is one of my all-time favorites! Got this one on VHS, DVD, Bluray and soon to come on 3D Bluray
    Transformers.. I don't know.. Didn't like the movies that much after the first one... Prometheus was a nice movie, but a little long dreaded though. Might rewatch in 3D
    Avatar.. Meh.. I don't know, never really was that into the whole hype behind it but I guess it may be worth a rewatch..

Now, get your gaming on in 3D too!
    Already do, but not when the game doesn't actually support it, without support it feels worthless... I got 1 game though that supports 3D, which is Uncharted 3... I like it though! Too bad not much games support it..

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I was going to recommend Gravity but saw you're getting that already! The recent Judge Dredd is a good film to watch in 3D

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Life of Pi. Haven't seen it myself, but film critics seem to love it and commend it for its 3D cinography.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    Definitely getting pixar movies! Also am definitely getting 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' which is one of my all-time favorites! Got this one on VHS, DVD, Bluray and soon to come on 3D Bluray
    Transformers.. I don't know.. Didn't like the movies that much after the first one... Prometheus was a nice movie, but a little long dreaded though. Might rewatch in 3D
    Avatar.. Meh.. I don't know, never really was that into the whole hype behind it but I guess it may be worth a rewatch..

Already do, but not when the game doesn't actually support it, without support it feels worthless... I got 1 game though that supports 3D, which is Uncharted 3... I like it though! Too bad not much games support it..

Gran Turismo 5 supports 3D and that is amazing in 3D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tation_3_games complete list of 3D PS3 games

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Avatar is the true pioneer of what a 3D movie is supposed to be. Heard Gravity was awesome too.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Gran Turismo 5 supports 3D and that is amazing in 3D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tation_3_games complete list of 3D PS3 games
    I know, found the list... But still a bit disappointing to be honest.. I'd think e.g. the older Uncharted games would've been patched for 3D.. Or the newer God of War.. 2D to 3D conversion isn't that useful in my eyes so I'm not using that (tested it with GOW:A).. So far the only game I feel worthy to play with the 3D is Uncharted 3. GT5 is definitely on the list. A shame they don't have Heavy Rain or such with 3D. I feel like some games could be really nice when utilizing 3D... Shame The GOW Origins collections is on my list to buy though so I guess I'll play those in 3D then

nonetheless, am planning on GT5 with a racechair.. so in the future I'm definitely getting it! Too bad not more games support it though :P

And I must give you guys your corrects... I watched Gravity without 3D and it's okay.. Currently watching with 3D and it adds a lot though!
    Will get a couple more movies in the nearby future!
    Last edited by WaxWeazle; 06-16-2014 at 20:28.

Thread Information