View Poll Results: Would you ever own a pit bull?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would not mind owning a pit bull or any other dog breeds that can be aggressive

2 16.67%
  • No, I would never own a pit bull or any other dog breeds that can be aggressive

4 33.33%
  • Kind of. I would not own a pit bull, but would not mind other possibly aggressive dog beeds

4 33.33%
  • I do not like dogs or pets.

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Would you own a pit bull?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/16/us/kfc-dog-mauling/

Authorities said Victoria was attacked in April while visiting her grandfather, from whom Kelly Mullins is divorced.
    One of the dogs ripped open the front door and two other dogs dragged her into the back yard, WAPT reported.
    The dogs bit the girl all over, but especially on the face. She has severe facial scars and lost sight in her right eye and the ability to move the right side of her face, Mullins told WAPT. She wears an eye patch with a cartoon character on it.The three dogs that attacked Victoria were killed. The grandfather, Donald Mullins, and his girlfriend were arrested on child endangerment charges, WAPT reported.
    Two questions.

1. Would you ever own a pit bull? Would you ever own a dog such as a rottweiler, akita, german shepherd?

2. Do you approve of cities and areas passing "breed bans" or "aggressive dog" laws?

I would never own a pit bull or akita, but I wouldn't mind owning a rotty or german shepherd. What people don't know about the akita and pit bull and a few other breeds is there are actually dogs BRED to fight and be aggressive, while the rotty and german shepherd CAN be used in dog fighting, but they're not bred for dog fighting.

I agree with aggressive dog laws such as the dog must be on leash and things like that, but I'm not sure I agree with breed bans.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No. Its a dog.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    My family owned a german shepard, two in fact.

I was too young at the time and was deathly afraid of them. In retrospect, i remember how they'd greet me. prancing around with their ears up, and tails wagging...naturally, i'd leg it around the back of the house like the world was about to end.

When i got older and grew out of that, they were old too at that point and both suffered from that german shepard bone thing with their rear legs. Not much prancing in those days, but they still greeted me the same nonetheless

In NZ, iirc, you need a licence to purchase/raise certain breeds. The pitbull is amongst them, if memory serves correct again, they still require a muzzle when out in public.

Personally, i don't mind dog restrictions, bans, i do disagree with; flat-out bans are never a good thing. Restricting the purchase of certain breeds to those who know how to raise and look after them is the better compromise.

It won't stop attacks probably, but then you can't say for certain a car wont run you down tomorrow either.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

4. Likes faaeng likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Most of the attacks you see and hear in the news are due to negligent owners.

6. Likes faaeng likes this post
    Elite Sage

A dog is nothing more than the reflection of it's master. Bring it up with love and affection and it'll reward you with the same thing back, ten fold.

The same happens for the other way around.

I really have a problem with people giving certain breeds a bad reputation. Dogs aren't naturally vicious man eaters.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

8. Likes faaeng likes this post
    Veteran
    Im an animal lover. Dogs alone I've owned a pit, bulldog, rot, husky, samoyed, $#@!zu, mini poodle, maltese, and german shepard. All very gentle, playful and non aggressive. The most "aggressive" of the lot was ironically the cowardly mini poodle and over protective maltese who would bark and confront ANYONE they didnt recognize. Stop your foot on the ground and they would run between my legs and cower. Lol

IMO it's not the breed of dog that makes it agressive, but how that dog is raised and trained. No, I do not believe in these "aggresive dog" bans. Any breed of dog has potential to be aggressive. Don't blame the dog for the owners negligence.

As for that adorable little girl. Its a true shame what happened to her with the dogs and doubley so how her and her family were treated at KFC. I just read about the incident lastnight and was hoping to send her a gift telling her how bueatiful she is and not to be discouraged. Not all animals are like that. Dogs nor people.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Im an animal lover. Dogs alone I've owned a pit, bulldog, rot, husky, samoyed, $#@!zu, mini poodle, maltese, and german shepard. All very gentle, playful and non aggressive. The most "aggressive" of the lot was ironically the cowardly mini poodle and over protective maltese who would bark and confront ANYONE they didnt recognize. Stop your foot on the ground and they would run between my legs and cower. Lol

IMO it's not the breed of dog that makes it agressive, but how that dog is raised and trained. No, I do not believe in these "aggresive dog" bans. Any breed of dog has potential to be aggressive. Don't blame the dog for the owners negligence.

As for that adorable little girl. Its a true shame what happened to her with the dogs and doubley so how her and her family were treated at KFC. I just read about the incident lastnight and was hoping to send her a gift telling her how bueatiful she is and not to be discouraged. Not all animals are like that. Dogs nor people.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    saw that article a few days ago too. was fuming afterward!

It's a shame no one in the diner at the time stood up for her!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    no, they are evil killer dogs. there is a reason they are illegal in the UK, nasty, nasty creatures. just like most dogs tbh

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Dogs in essence even trained are still wild beasts with limited thought and emotion. I would not be surprised to see any breed cause harm but in general bull dogs seem to be more viscous.

If we choose not to breed them the pit bull breed could easily be wiped from existence which I have 0 cares about.
    Last edited by mickice; 06-16-2014 at 19:29.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I wouldn't own a pit bull just because I don't like the look of it haha, I'd definitely go for a german shepard though, my friend has had two and they've always been such nice dogs, very friendly and playful. My old neighbours had their dog put down because it bit their kids face after he kept teasing it all the time. They used to have a cat as well and they treated that like $#@!, it would always hiss at you when you walked past and you wouldn't dare stroke it lol. They soon moved and left the cat behind because they were basically $#@!s, it kept coming to us for food so we took it in, took a month or two but she was such a nice cat in the end. Didn't like her tail or stomach being touched ever but she loved attention and only ever hissed at other cats.

Supreme Veteran
    Cesar Millian's "Daddy" a pitbull? Now that dog was so relaxed and laid back its almost untrue.

Forum Elder
    He probably fed it pot milk bones.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Yes, I absolutely would.

The dogs are only and ONLY agressive because of the owners. Either they trained them that way or abaused them or neglected them. It's one of those three. They aren't born naturally aggressive and that's a stupid $#@!ing argument. You're an idiot if you believe that. And dogs always get the worst. They shouldn't be put down, the owners should be put down!!!

And I swear to god if anyone threatens to put down my dog, they will $#@!ing die. You touch my dog and I will $#@!ing kill you. I'm not for PETA, but I definitely value my dog than most humans, because humans have conscience and self-control. But if they can't restrain themselves from making threats then they better be prepared to get an ass whooping of a lifetime.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Yes, I absolutely would.

The dogs are only and ONLY agressive because of the owners. Either they trained them that way or abaused them or neglected them. It's one of those three. They aren't born naturally aggressive and that's a stupid $#@!ing argument. You're an idiot if you believe that. And dogs always get the worst. They shouldn't be put down, the owners should be put down!!!

And I swear to god if anyone threatens to put down my dog, they will $#@!ing die. You touch my dog and I will $#@!ing kill you. I'm not for PETA, but I definitely value my dog than most humans, because humans have conscience and self-control. But if they can't restrain themselves from making threats then they better be prepared to get an ass whooping of a lifetime.
    So

Dog breeders
    Genetics experts
    Veterinarians
    People who know dogs and the breeds really well

are all idiots?

Do you mind explaining why and what makes the "argument" (it's actually the PROVEN again and again truth) "stupid"?

I want to hear this!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Yes, I absolutely would.

Humans have those qualities and that is what separates us from them.
    If yours or anyone's dog came at me and attacked me I would kill it or do as much harm as possible to stop it attacking me.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-16-2014 at 21:58.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    Yes I would.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    But only as a rescue I don't pick my dogs they pick me

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Eh.. Well..
    Personally i wouldn't own a dog i would think would be aggressive or could be dangerous.
    But some dogs that look aggressive can actually be great protective dogs to their owners. I had a dog that was pretty good size, and he looked aggressive and even attacked some smaller dogs but he was very protective to me and my grandmother.
    So I think it really just has to do with how you handle the dog and train it or something like that

PSN: raremew
    Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V,Street Fighter X Tekken
    Quote: "People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    You have to know your dogs traits and personality. I've had all kinds of dogs that I've loved and loved me, but they all had different tendencies and had to be careful what you would let them do.

They're still invaluable to me, and definitely aren't nasty beings. I've had 3 German shepherds, who haven't been aggressive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by raremew View Post
    Eh.. Well..
    Personally i wouldn't own a dog i would think would be aggressive or could be dangerous.
    But some dogs that look aggressive can actually be great protective dogs to their owners. I had a dog that was pretty good size, and he looked aggressive and even attacked some smaller dogs but he was very protective to me and my grandmother.
    So I think it really just has to do with how you handle the dog and train it or something like that
    That is more about the dog being insecure. A dog needs its owner to provide guidance and leadership to know the boundaries and who is safe and who is not otherwise it will growl at anybody it doesn't know.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    That is more about the dog being insecure. A dog needs its owner to provide guidance and leadership to know the boundaries and who is safe and who is not otherwise it will growl at anybody it doesn't know.
    that's true

PSN: raremew
    Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V,Street Fighter X Tekken
    Quote: "People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."

Pit Bulls are basically illegal to own here in Germany, and I appreciate that.

Someone mentioned Cesar Milan? He's coming on tour to Germany...
    But afaik many people say, he is treating dogs in an inappropriate way, a cruel way to be exact...?!
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    I don't like Ceasars methods, unless it's being used on Eric cartmam, my last dog was a great Dane she was great super protective best dog I have ever had 90 percent of my friends were scared to death of her. My chihuahua has bit way more people than most ten dogs

Nope. Too aggressive a breed, too much risk.

El Presidente
    I used to have a rottweiler and all this talk of how aggressive and mean certain breeds are is BS. As others have said its all about how the dog is raised and treated. My rottweiler was the biggest baby.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Thread Information