Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Bloodborne: Jan - Mar 2015 intended release

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/bloodborne/news/bloodborne_due_on_ps4_between_january-march_2015.html

Doesn't seem so bad.

I'm genuinely keen on this game, let's hope it's more accessible for gamers like than Demon's Souls ever was.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Yeah, I'm good with that timeframe. Game looks amazing. If by "more accessible" you mean not hard as hell to play.....I agree. I wanted to like Demon Souls but it just got to a point where I wasn't having any fun.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    lol yeah that's pretty much what I mean.

It can still be 'hard' - but even if they add an option for gamers with lives then I'm happy.

4. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I'm on you guys boat. I also wanted to like Demon Souls, but the ridiculous hardness-level just totally made me give up and stop enjoying it.

But I don't know. Maybe making it easier might take away what all the fans love so much. And what other way is there to make it "more accessible"; than making it more easy? I dunno..

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Oh come on if you find Demons Souls too hard you summon a phantom - problem solved.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Oh come on if you find Demons Souls too hard you summon a phantom - problem solved.
    Not as easy as that.

Anyway, we're not trying to ruin it for "you guys". We just want an option for us normies.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    I was listening to the Giant Bomb podcast and they were specifically talking about interviews with the creator of Bloodborne about the difficulty level of this game. Several people were asking wuestions such as:

"Will there be an easy mode?" "Will the game be more accessible to regular gamers" "Will there be difficulty sliders?"

To which every single time, the creator of the game sat silent and spoke only one word.... "NO"

Tacos Rule!

PSU Live Streamer
    The weapons the main character is holding during all the footage on this game seem rather iconic and specific. Hoping there are more weapon choices than just a shotty and a switchblade. Given the titles that came before this one, I'm inclined to believe there will be. Still tho, fingers crossed.

If you guys above thought the previous titles were tough when you had the choice of blocking. You all better hope this game doesn't take that choice away by removing shields lol.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

PSU Writer
    PSN ID
    Like4ONinjaz
    This is one of my most anticipated games. I dont like Dark Souls only because of how the game feels so if you change that up I'm all for it. Cant wait for this game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    I was listening to the Giant Bomb podcast and they were specifically talking about interviews with the creator of Bloodborne about the difficulty level of this game. Several people were asking wuestions such as:

"Will there be an easy mode?" "Will the game be more accessible to regular gamers" "Will there be difficulty sliders?"

To which every single time, the creator of the game sat silent and spoke only one word.... "NO"
    There goes $60 - enjoy continuing being a middling type of game!

Master Sage
    Yea, I also tried to like Demons souls but everytime I died I ended up right back at the beginning of the game. I don't mind hard games but games that don't allow much in terms of progression are just not fun.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Demon's Souls is pretty difficult (heck I've probably got 20 hours played and only ever tackled 5 bosses) but it is so inaccessible. It just chucks you straight into the deep end in terms of difficulty, then you have obtuse menu systems, hidden shopkeepers that sell basic supplies, whether worlds are white or black (I want to say world proficiencies but I know that's wrong). I think Bloodborne won't be quite like this, but will have plenty of secrets and will have a difficulty level that isn't simply about giving enemies big hit points and attack power.

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    The weapons the main character is holding during all the footage on this game seem rather iconic and specific. Hoping there are more weapon choices than just a shotty and a switchblade. Given the titles that came before this one, I'm inclined to believe there will be. Still tho, fingers crossed.

If you guys above thought the previous titles were tough when you had the choice of blocking. You all better hope this game doesn't take that choice away by removing shields lol.
    I had this worry too, but the leaked gameplay trailer (that ended with "PROJECT BEAST" and not Bloodborne) showcased other weapons, like a two-handed battle axe. So no longer worried.

Finally You Are Free
    The thing about Demons Souls was how dependent it was on skill and learned lessons. The moment you realize the enemy's weakness or your critical mistake you can tear through the area no issue. It was extremely satisfying and rewarding.

The developers know what they're doing. This game will be awesome.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post

Sorry.....but that just doesn't make sense to me. Oh well.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Sorry.....but that just doesn't make sense to me. Oh well.
    Why? The game is not meant to be easy! No spoon feeding over here. The game is meant to be hardcore

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

PSU Live Streamer
    For anyone that didn't care for the difficulty curve in Demon's Souls. Then went and tried Dark Souls hoping for something easier, yet still walking away with the same experience. I recommend maybe giving Dark Souls 2 a try. It is markably easier then the previous two. Some hardcore fans of the series believed it to be too easy.

So perhaps use Dark Souls 2 as your learning curve.

tips:
    -start off with a sword/shield. Having the added ability to block makes for an easier experience by default
    -dance around your enemy for a few seconds before attempting an attack. Watch/learn how the enemy moves and attacks
    -use the environment to your advantage. Enemies with wide swings sometimes do poorly in tight corridors.
    -retreat if you feel it necessary.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Master Poster

I have a feeling that if the Souls games got released in the PS2 era no one would be complaining about them being too hard.

Last generation was filled with games that threw a checkpoint at you whenever you took a damn step forward, had arrows and huge neon signs that told you where to go, hourlong tutorials, and had no penalties if you died.

19. Likes shepard likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Why? The game is not meant to be easy! No spoon feeding over here. The game is meant to be hardcore

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Was hoping they got their "everything must be hardcore and only hardcore" thrills out with the last three games. I think they are being a bit arrogant about it. I don't want spoon-feeding, but I don't want total aggravation either. That is why games have difficulty modes.

Thread Information