Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Ohh dam! The 900 will be out too? I thought we will get only the 800 series. You confused me man lol. When 900 will be out? I don't want to wait for next year though.
    If you dont want to wait thats fine. When 800 series benchmarks are out i suggest going to this site to compare to see how much of a upgrade you are getting.
    http://www.hwcompare.com/category/gpu-comparisons/

Super Elite
    Nice, just in time for my new build. been using 560Ti on a 5+ year old computer.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    If you dont want to wait thats fine. When 800 series benchmarks are out i suggest going to this site to compare to see how much of a upgrade you are getting.
    http://www.hwcompare.com/category/gpu-comparisons/
    I rather suspect that once the benchmarks are out you'll find only about a 15% or so improvement over the current 770 and 780s in most games, with a few of the more demanding games showing even less improvement. It's not a significant change from the 700 series in either clock or features, much like the 700 series wasn't a significant change over the 600.

As for myself, I'm not at all interested in it. I've got a pair of 4GB GTX 770s running in SLI, I won't be upgrading again until DirectX12 parts start coming out.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Ohh dam! The 900 will be out too? I thought we will get only the 800 series. You confused me man lol. When 900 will be out? I don't want to wait for next year though.
    Yes, 900 series will be out ~+year after 800 series is released.. just like jump from 600 series to 700.. (It also shouldn't add any new features.. really dislike the naming scheme currently.)
    Last edited by jlippone; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:15.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Forum Sage

This is really tempting. Since my current build has a pair of Sapphire HD 5870s in Crossfire-X mode and since these cards are going on their fifth year, I think it's time I looked into parts for a new build. A few things holding me back is I'm waiting on DDR4 and associated motherboards to drop and I'm waiting on the next generation CPUs as well. I really want to do a build with a completely new architecture. Besides, all my $#@! is OBSOLETE!!!

Thread Information