Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Dropped my laptop. Help.

Okay, so a few months ago I dropped my laptop. It fell near the hing. It didn't break the hand. The bottom cracked a little. What should I do? Rep will be awarded

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Guru

Need help. will rep. Dropped my laptop

I dropped my laptop on the upper left hinge;however, It didn't break the hinge. It did the crack near it and a little crack on the botton. This wouldn't bother me if it didn't effect my performance. When I use my laptop, if the screen moves to a certain degree or rather angle. The computer will still be running but the screen will be black. It's a HP pavillion. What will it cost me? What should I do as in repair wise? I know a local scottish man, John, who is really good with computers. Are there any laptop cases I can buy? I need help!
    Last edited by Silvy; 06-19-2014 at 05:31.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    ~Moved to PC section and merged your two threads

HP don't have replacement covers. you'd probably have to go looking for covers for your particular model.

If the screen goes black at certain angles it could simply be a loose connection. Get someone who knows what they're doing to take the lid apart and make sure the connections are solid.
    Some laptops have a PCB on the lid, some snake the wire to the main board.

Without exact laptop model it's kinda hard to say.

At most, you're probably looking at a screen replacement. which shouldn't be too much....maybe, it depends on your model though.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

4. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    ~Moved to PC section and merged your two threads

HP don't have replacement covers. you'd probably have to go looking for covers for your particular model.

If the screen goes black at certain angles it could simply be a loose connection. Get someone who knows what they're doing to take the lid apart and make sure the connections are solid.
    Some laptops have a PCB on the lid, some snake the wire to the main board.

Without exact laptop model it's kinda hard to say.

At most, you're probably looking at a screen replacement. which shouldn't be too much....maybe, it depends on your model though.
    Tbh. The connection is what bothering me. I can get over the crack on the bottom and the because obviously it doesn't matter. Thanks, I just got a little happy. My friend told me about the same as you. He said the connection or some other term was loose. He told me to open it up or get someone to do it. On average, does most laptops come with replacement covers you can buy?

Did they change the way you rep?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some laptops don't even have replacement parts available ... like at all. You'll need to search around to see if replacement is an option. Check the laptop's user manual. If you don't have it, you can usually find a digital version of the manual online. Should have a guide for replacing components.

[ Tapatalk ]
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I would open it up to see if it is just something that is easily repairable, if there is some type of hardware damage I would search eBay to see if you can find the part you need for cheap!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Have you tried undropping it?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Thread Information