Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Borderlands 2 Vita Update Out Today, Improved Stability and Control

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...y-and-control/

It’s been a few weeks since we launched Borderlands 2 for PS Vita and so far we’ve been overwhelmed by the community response. We’re happy to announce that title update 1.04 is available today, which should further improve the overall Borderlands 2 PS Vita experience and addresses some of the feedback from you the fans.

• We’ve worked with Iron Galaxy Studios to improve stability and performance throughout the game, including addressing known issues with audio playback.
    • Gyroscopic controls can now be independently inverted. This should ensure that fans of inverted vertical look will also be able to enjoy Gyroscopic aiming as well!
    • There are now scaling sliders for rear touch inputs in the Options menu. Many users mapped lesser used actions to the rear touch but reported that in gripping their PS Vita systems, they’d still accidentally trigger those inputs. Users can now scale the input area down to much smaller zones, mitigating this.
    • Lastly, we’ve addressed an issue where players were not notified that their online session had expired, which caused players to incorrectly appear available for multiplayer.

If you haven’t had a chance to check out Borderlands 2 or you’ve been on the fence about picking up a new Borderlands 2 PS Vita bundle, hopefully these improvements push you over the edge.
    Borderlands 2 for PS Vita is out now in stores on its own, as part of a special Borderlands 2 PS Vita bundle, and digitally via PlayStation Store.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Logged 10 or so hours into this now, afew hours into the Sanctuary area and really enjoying it.
    Slammed unfairly in the critic reviews IMO, it's more than playable and not the abysmal mess that some have made it out to be.
    Nice to see the support with the few updates there has been and especially for the revised gyro aiming and rear touch pad scaling.
    Having a blast with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Logged 10 or so hours into this now, afew hours into the Sanctuary area and really enjoying it.
    Slammed unfairly in the critic reviews IMO, it's more than playable and not the abysmal mess that some have made it out to be.
    Nice to see the support with the few updates there has been and especially for the revised gyro aiming and rear touch pad scaling.
    Having a blast with it.

Cool......I wasn't sure about it, but think I'll try it out.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    I don't feel like this game would play good on the Vita for me.. Hence why I turned down the thought of buying it. I've got it on the PC and it's a really good/fun game, but I wouldn't be able to play this decent on my Vita... Would take me ages to get somewhere :< Nice to see that at least a decent title made it's way to the Vita and is decently supported though... Hopefully seeing more of that

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Cool......I wasn't sure about it, but think I'll try it out.
    I was in the same boat but was keeping an eye on the 38 page 1800+ post thread on neogaf about Vita borderlands and after reading many of the user opinions, I went for it.

I haven't played a borderlands game before so can't comment on the differences but as a game in it's own right it's very enjoyable. There's more than enough enemies at once to make the area feel overwhelming at times that you're working through and the whole loot, buy, sell, kill and evade system works great.

Yes there is frame drops but in my experience never to the point where it's unplayable and not enjoyable. Hell, I was playing watch dogs earlier on PS4 and that had stutters, as does other big games I've played on PS4, look at the hellish glitches and bugs BF4 had/has. It's like people are slating borderlands because it's the only game to suffer afew frame drops now and again.

It's 2 player co-op (I believe consoles is 4?) and I've had afew games with a mate and it's been a blast. To be fair, I was blown away by the graphics of the game on the Vita for a handheld title that has soo much content, no it isn't as much of a looker as Killzone Mercenary but that's a linear 1 direction shooter which doesn't have half as much content as borderlands probably not even a 1/4's worth to be fair. As I said earlier I've logged over 10 hours yet feel I've hardly scratched the surface.

And finally, I can play this at home, on the $#@!ta, lunch break, bed, wherever. This game is what I expected more from the Vita, good solid home console games on the go like uncharted, AC, NFS etc it's just a dam shame that it looks like it could be the last big title that I was expecting more of.

Last edited by GazzaGSi; 06-21-2014 at 22:03.

Thread Information